Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

time of suicides

Go down 
+2
JayT
ChaotixBoy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 65867
Forum Reputation : 0

time of suicides Empty
PostSubject: time of suicides   time of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 2:40 pm

This part always puzzled me about the massacre but why did Eric & Dylan kill themselves so quick? Did they realize that this was a big fail? I could see Eric just saying fuck it, I'm out. I also heard that they likely thought that the SWAT team would enter the school any minute and take them alive, which wasn't an option for them. So, why do you think they killed themselves really quick? Just wanting out or the fear? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97615
Forum Reputation : 440

time of suicides Empty
PostSubject: Re: time of suicides   time of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 2:53 pm

ChaotixBoy wrote:
This part always puzzled me about the massacre but why did Eric & Dylan kill themselves so quick? Did they realize that this was a big fail? I could see Eric just saying fuck it, I'm out. I also heard that they likely thought that the SWAT team would enter the school any minute and take them alive, which wasn't an option for them. So, why do you think they killed themselves really quick? Just wanting out or the fear? Thoughts?

I was asking the same thing some time ago (can't remember the thread name, might have been on the old forums).

They were running out of ammo, they gave up on the bombs and no longer found any easy victims (after the library shooting they did not really look very hard for them btw). My question was always - why they didn't shoot more at least at the cops through the windows? They had some ammo, why let it go to waste?

I think someone here has the date of how much ammo and of what type they had. But I vaguely remember that Eric was out of his 9mm ammo, his carbine being the only sensible weapon for a long-range firefight with the cops. Dylan was iirc also almost out of 9mm ammo. Their Shotguns after being sawn-off weren't really of much use in this case and Dylan's TEC-9 was a rather bad gun in general.

This might have made them decide that shooting the cops wasn't worth it.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 57201
Forum Reputation : 0

time of suicides Empty
PostSubject: Re: time of suicides   time of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 3:48 pm

ChaotixBoy wrote:

My vote is boredom
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97615
Forum Reputation : 440

time of suicides Empty
PostSubject: Re: time of suicides   time of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 3:58 pm

JayT wrote:
ChaotixBoy wrote:

My vote is boredom

That's actually a decent explanation.

Eric was both bored and probably also unomfortable and a bit dazed over the broken nose. Dylan was probably spoiling for the suicide.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

time of suicides Empty
PostSubject: Re: time of suicides   time of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 7:06 pm

I always figured Eric killed himself quickly both because he was frustrated/embarrassed over his plan being a failure and being too unsure of whether suicide by cop would work out. Dylan just want to die for a very long time and got his wish.

23september

Contribution Points : 66315
Forum Reputation : 50

time of suicides Empty
PostSubject: Re: time of suicides   time of suicides Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 2:16 am

They had walked around aimlessly for almost 40 min after the lost shot hadn't they? Why stall even more, the shooting must've felt like a lifetime at that point
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

time of suicides Empty
PostSubject: Re: time of suicides   time of suicides Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:51 pm

23september wrote:
They had walked around aimlessly for almost 40 min after the lost shot hadn't they? Why stall even more, the shooting must've felt like a lifetime at that point

Well they tried to detonate the bombs during their walk through the school (presumably trying to blow up the school), and fired a few shots at the police (possibly trying to force a confrontation with them?), so I think they just weren't sure what to do next.

23september

Contribution Points : 66315
Forum Reputation : 50

time of suicides Empty
PostSubject: Re: time of suicides   time of suicides Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 2:33 am

QuestionMark wrote:
23september wrote:

Well they tried to detonate the bombs during their walk through the school (presumably trying to blow up the school), and fired a few shots at the police (possibly trying to force a confrontation with them?), so I think they just weren't sure what to do next.

oh right nvm, meant it more as in in intent to kill someone, at least before the last shooting at the cops in the library. Good point, there wasn't much left for them to do at that point, and the adrenaline had run its course and sleepless nights started catching up to them.
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29578
Forum Reputation : 104

time of suicides Empty
PostSubject: Re: time of suicides   time of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 12:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

time of suicides Empty
PostSubject: Re: time of suicides   time of suicides Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

time of suicides
Page 1 of 1