Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We need to talk about Kevin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
em81

Contribution Points : 101274
Forum Reputation : 3

We need to talk about Kevin Empty
PostSubject: We need to talk about Kevin   We need to talk about Kevin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:27 pm

I don´t know if I am right. But I remember that read somewhere that Wayne Harris contacted the writer after he read the book. But I cannot find any source in the net. Where did I get it? Does someone know it?

I hate it to not know a source... aaaawwww
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101847
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: We need to talk about Kevin   We need to talk about Kevin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:23 pm

I've haven't heard that before! I can't tell you if it's true or not but I know that he went to Wally Lambs talk on his book "The Hour I First Believed" and talked to Mr Lamb

He talks about it here

PostSubject: Re: We need to talk about Kevin   We need to talk about Kevin Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 7:16 am

aw my mistake

thank you
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101826

PostSubject: Re: We need to talk about Kevin   We need to talk about Kevin Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:50 pm

There's a thread somewhere on the board that addresses Wayne Harris's conversation with Wally Lambs. I have never heard of him trying to contact Lionel Shriver about her book.

I will say that I really enjoyed We Need to Talk About Kevin, but it's extremely disturbing (moreso than Lamb's book) and it takes a very close look at the interaction between the mother and Kevin. Throughout the book, it's pretty obvious to the mother that Kevin is far from normal. I'm not sure Mr. Harris would relate well to it, as Eric seemed to be a fairly typical kid from what we know.

This brings up another interesting point though. Mr. Harris clearly reads things related to Columbine if he read The Hour I First Believed. I wonder if he has read some of the non-fiction available, such as Cullen and Kass, and if so how he feels about those? Cullen really painted Eric to be the devil and I'm sure that the Harris family remembers Eric differently. It would bother me to see those inaccuracies so blatantly printed. But I guess they're used to it.

I would pay large amounts of money to see a full book from either the Klebold family or the Harris family. I want to know what E&D were like as children, as young teenagers, what the families thought of their friendship, etc.
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: We need to talk about Kevin   We need to talk about Kevin Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:23 am

I mixed up the two books, sorry.

"We need to talk about Kevin" is really disturbing. Whatever the mother did, it changed nothing. And I can feel no empathy for Kevin.

The Klebolds wanted to write a book. But their lawyers prevented this. I hope one day they will do this. I don´t think that we will ever hear something about the Harris family. Jeff Kass asked Wayne if they wanted to talk one day. And Wayne answered that there is no way. (it is not the exact quote)
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101826

PostSubject: Re: We need to talk about Kevin   We need to talk about Kevin Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:10 am

em81, I actually did feel some empathy for Kevin. Maybe it's the mother in me. The mother is convinced from Day One that Kevin is evil, but since we're looking at it from her point of view we don't know how accurate that is. Children, even babies, know when they're not loved (IMO) and I wonder how much effect that had on Kevin. Even if my child did turn out to be evil, I would love him.

I agree, I don't see the Harris family opening up to the public. I think they've done their best to move on and let Eric go, while the Klebolds are slowly venturing out into the public and sharing their story. Do you think that the families are handling it differently simply because Wayne and Kathy are more private, or do you think that the way the media painted the boys has more to do with it? Dylan isn't blameless, but the way its told he's pretty damn close.
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: We need to talk about Kevin   We need to talk about Kevin Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:11 pm

I think it is because the Harris are more private.

And both boys are to blame, they both wanted. That´s right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need to talk about Kevin   We need to talk about Kevin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need to talk about Kevin
Page 1 of 1