Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school Empty
PostSubject: Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school   Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 4:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The 17-year-old girl accused of stabbing a fellow straight-A student “was smiling and laughing” as she chased her classmate through their Michigan high school, police said.

Tanaya Lewis was charged with one count of first-degree murder Friday afternoon in the death 16-year-old Danyna Gibson, WXYZ reported. Prosecutors said the teens were between classes at Fitzgerald High School when Lewis approached Danyna with a kitchen-style steak knife and stabbed her twice in the chest — once directly in her heart — the morning of Sept. 12.

The teen victim attempted to flee, but fell to the ground, where Lewis began punching her and stabbing her, also puncturing Danyna’s lung.

A teacher managed to push the suspect away, but Lewis attempted to get around the adult, allegedly shouting “I’m going to kill her” as she continued to lunge at the victim.

A school resource officer, already stationed at the Warren school, arrived on the scene within seconds and performed CPR until first responders arrived. Danyna was rushed to St. John’s Oakland Hospital where she was pronounced dead a few hours later.

Authorities have said they believe the deadly confrontation was over a boy.

During her arraignment Friday, Lewis was ordered to be held without bail. She is facing the possibility of life behind bars without parole. She will return to court Sept. 27.

Seriously WTF is wrong with kids these days!?  Shocked Suspect Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school   Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 4:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The 17-year-old high school honor roll student who stabbed her friend four times in a classroom Wednesday was laughing, smiling and saying "I'm going to kill you," as she chased the victim with a steak knife, Warren police say.

Tanaya L. Lewis, a senior at Warren's Fitzgerald High School, is now charged with first-degree premeditated murder and jailed without bond pending her trial.

The victim, 16-year-old Danyna Gibson, also a senior at Fitzgerald High School in Warren, suffered stab wounds to her chest and back. Her heart and lung were punctured, Warren Police Detective Donald Seidel said at the teen suspect's arraignment Friday, Sept. 14.

Lewis appeared in court via video feed from the Warren Police Department lockup facility Friday. She was expected to be transported to the Macomb County Jail after the arraignment.

Lewis, without warning, approached Gibson during class and stabbed her twice in the chest, Seidel said. Gibson tried to run from Lewis and was stabbed in the back, causing her to fall to the ground, at which time Lewis delivered a "hammer-fist punch stab" to Gibson's back as she lay on the ground, according to Seidel. The final wound pierced Gibson's lung.

"The defendant was pushed from the classroom by the teacher, the defendant then tried to get around the teacher to get back in the classroom, yelling, 'I'm going to kill her,'" the Warren police detective said. " ... Witnesses said (Lewis) was smiling and laughing as she was chasing the victim."

There were over 20 witnesses, according to the prosecution.

Macomb County Prosecutor Eric B. Smith said there is adequate evidence to indicate Lewis came to school Wednesday morning with intentions to kill Gibson.

No clear motive had been provided, but police say it appears to have involved a dispute over a boy who also attends the high school. The girls, both honor roll students, were friends prior to the attack, investigators said.

"This was over something as simple as the victim being friends with a boy, and we're not talking about relationships or anything like it," Smith said. "This is the kind of high school stuff that every one of us has been through ... and the fact that it ended up this way is astounding to me.

" ... You know, our victim wasn't hanging out in the streets ... She was a great kid doing everything you want from your daughter."

Lewis "committed the most horrific crime there is," the prosecutor said.

Lewis' attorney, Mark Brown, declined to comment following the hearing.

Smith said the defendant's parents and the victim's stepfather attended the arraignment Friday, Sept. 14.

Lewis, wearing a white jumpsuit with short hair and frosted tips, showed little emotion and answered "yes," softly, when asked by Warren 37th District Judge Suzanne L. Faunce if she understood that, if convicted, she may spend the rest of her life in prison.

Faunce scheduled a probable cause hearing on Oct. 4.

Smith said the attack was so abrupt and unexpected that students, who are often quick to record dramatic events with their cellphones, didn't have time to capture the incident.

Fitzgerald High School students and staff held a vigil and balloon release in honor of Gibson Thursday, Sept. 13.

School administrators offered grief counseling to any students in need.

Supposedly killed this girl over a guy?! Evil or Very Mad Sweet Jesus! There are more fishes in the sea kiddos. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school   Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 4:58 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Supposedly killed this girl over a guy?! Evil or Very Mad Sweet Jesus! There are more fishes in the sea kiddos. Rolling Eyes

Agreed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school   Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 5:52 pm

She a Snivvy Bitch flower
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school   Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 12:35 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lewis, wearing a white jumpsuit with short hair and frosted tips, showed little emotion and answered "yes," softly, when asked by Warren 37th District Judge Suzanne L. Faunce if she understood that, if convicted, she may spend the rest of her life in prison.

You know usually I try to have some sort of empathy for even the worst of the worst but here my only feeling is of amusement. You can tell she realized that it wasn't worth it too late.

PostSubject: Re: Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school   Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 7:43 am

QuestionMark wrote:
You can tell she realized that it wasn't worth it too late.

True.  Not sure what the relationship between these three kids were, if there was jealousy, cheating involved, etc. But I just can't wrap my head around killing someone over a guy.  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school   Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Nor can i wrap my head around why a 17 year old girl would troll all her friends for fun, and get excluded from her college for doing so.............

Back to top Go down
Scarletmoon

Scarletmoon

Contribution Points : 67779
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school   Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 10:32 am

Holy shit, over a boy!? I wonder if it was more than just that, because to throw your life away over some dude is absurd. Kids are pretty nuts though, they never seem to see past high school. I hope they get this kid some help, she obviously needs it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school   Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 3:22 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

You know usually I try to have some sort of empathy for even the worst of the worst but here my only feeling is of amusement. You can tell she realized that it wasn't worth it too late.

I do feel sorry for her really. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 42758
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school   Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2023 1:05 am

Man I need a girl like this. I'm pretty sure that the girls at my school can't pay attention to a specific boy long enough for a fight to even start

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.

Kartoffeln likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school   Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teen was 'smiling and laughing' during fatal stabbing at Michigan school
Page 1 of 1