Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66794
Forum Reputation : 248

Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting? Empty
PostSubject: Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting?   Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 6:47 am

I've recently read over a police report on the Umpqua Community College shooting, and it mentioned that there were four video surveillance cameras operating at the parking lot of Snyder Hall on the day of the shooting. It then lists the events that occurred on camera.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
9:30a, I viewed video surveillance of Snyder Hall parking lot which was recorded on October 1st, 2015 and noted the following : (ReferBSE01/AKE01 The video times have not been synched with DCSO dispatch)

Camera [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (captures parking area southwest of Snyder Hall)
10:43a Detective Sergeant Kaney and State Police vehicles arrive in the south parking lot.
10:46a Senior Trooper Gorman takes a position to cover the west exit of the breezeway.
10:46a A female runs toward Senior Trooper Gorman from the area of Snyder Hall.
10:46a Senior Trooper Gorman moves toward Snyder Hall.

Camera [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (captures parking area south of Snyder Hall)
10:42a white FedEx van is stopped in the far south parking area.
10:44a unknown male standing in the far south parking area, pointing towards Snyder Hall.
10:44a Detective Sergeant Kaney and Detective Spingath enter the video frame, with their guns drawn, running towards Snyder Hall. Senior Trooper Vanatta and Senior Trooper Gorman can also be seen within the video frame.
10:46a Senior Trooper Vanatta moves toward Snyder Hall.
10:48a Additional officers arrive.
10:49a Multiple officers and medical units arrive.

Camera [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (captures parking area east and south east of Snyder Hall)
10:41a white FedEx van traveling west in the far south parking area.
10:44a Dirt and grass next to the sidewalk fly into the air. (appears to be a possible impact of a bullet fired towards the officers)
10:44a Debris can be seen flying from the outside wall of the bathroom (appears to be a round fired from the officers toward the suspect)
10:44a Detective Spingath enters the video frame.
10:45a Female runs toward Detective Spingath from the area of Snyder Hall.
10:46a Detective Spingath and Sergeant Kaney move towards Snyder Hall.

Camera [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (captures parking area south of Snyder Hall)
10:44a Sergeant Kaney's vehicle enters video frame.
10:44a Sergeant Kaney and Detective Spingath move toward Snyder Hall.
10:44a Senior Trooper Gorman moves through video frame.
10:44a Senior Trooper Vanatta moves through video frame.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
It's been almost 3 years now, and we haven't even seen at least a single image from either four of those cameras. We seen the pictures of the shooter taken from the FedEx driver, but nothing from the cameras. I would understand if the video was too gory, but it does not mention anyone being shot on camera or any blood. So I ask this simple question. Why haven't they released the video? Is there just no point on releasing it, or is it something else?

Last edited by School Massacre Archives on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120778
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting?   Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 11:47 am

School Massacre Archives wrote:
It's been almost 4 years now, and we haven't even seen at least a single image from either four of those cameras. We seen the pictures of the shooter taken from the FedEx driver, but nothing from the cameras. I would understand if the video was too gory, but it does not mention anyone being shot on camera or any blood. So I ask this simple question. Why haven't they released the video? Is there just no point on releasing it, or is it something else?

If I had to guess I'd say it's just not too valuable enough to warrant releasing.

Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92342
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting?   Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 4:16 pm

Chris's Manifesto was released 2 years after the shooting, so it may be released one day, although I doubt it.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66794
Forum Reputation : 248

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting?   Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 1:20 am

I just realized I said 4 years instead of 3 years. Ugh.

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting?   Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 2:55 am

Maybe they fear it could inspire copycats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting?   Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why haven't they released the parking lot footage of the UCC shooting?
Page 1 of 1