Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Victims Barely alive??

Go down 
+2
DanielGardner
Kerea2244
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123800
Forum Reputation : 40

Victims Barely alive?? Empty
PostSubject: Victims Barely alive??   Victims Barely alive?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 2:07 pm

Bedsides Dave Sanders, were any of the victims still alive after they were shot or were they all killed instantly. Im not including the shooters and I do know Rachel scott was alive before she was shot again
Back to top Go down
DanielGardner

DanielGardner

Contribution Points : 56525
Forum Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Victims Barely alive??   Victims Barely alive?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 2:32 pm

I believe Craig Scott said in an interview that after Isaiah and Matt were shot he could still hear them breathing.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82907
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Victims Barely alive??   Victims Barely alive?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 2:51 pm

DanielGardner wrote:
I believe Craig Scott said in an interview that after Isaiah and Matt were shot he could still hear them breathing.

You're right. He said he could hear them both moaning.
Lisa Kreutz said that after she (Lisa) was shot, she remembers seeing Lauren Townsend laying on the floor "gasping" with one of the other girls holding her.
Nicole Nowlen said that after Dylan initially fired under their table, John Tomlin jumped out from the table as though trying to get away and landed on his stomach. Dylan stepped around the table and shot him in the head. She briefly felt Tomlin's legs shake, as though convulsing, before he died.
Austin Eubanks reported hearing Corey DePooter moaning before he died.
Thankfully, I believe their suffering was short-lived and they all passed within minutes. Unlike Dave Sanders who was left to bleed to death for hours.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victims Barely alive??   Victims Barely alive?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 4:18 pm

Could Dave Saunders have been saved if he was taken to hospital?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96324
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Victims Barely alive??   Victims Barely alive?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 4:27 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
Could Dave Saunders have been saved if he was taken to hospital?

If someone got to him near the time he had been shot yes he could have been saved.  ETA I should say probably been saved. I am no dr of course.

By the time the rescue crew got to him he had been bleeding for hours and hours.  He was past the point of saving by that time.

VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 60290
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Victims Barely alive??   Victims Barely alive?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 11:19 pm

@Ziamber II (There is no direct reply button on mobile) Absolutely, If the damn SWAT had actually entered the building as quick as they do now a days. Dave slowly bled out for 3 hours and was actually still alive when SWAT finally reached him but died shortly after before he could even get in the ambulance. He was the only victim to die after Eric and Dylan to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victims Barely alive??   Victims Barely alive?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 3:12 am

thelmar wrote:

Lisa Kreutz said that after she (Lisa) was shot, she remembers seeing Lauren Townsend laying on the floor "gasping" with one of the other girls holding her.

Probably agonal breathing. What a heartbreaking thing that must have been to witness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victims Barely alive??   Victims Barely alive?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 6:45 am

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
@Ziamber II (There is no direct reply button on mobile) Absolutely,  If the damn SWAT had actually entered the building as quick as they do now a days. Dave slowly bled out for 3 hours and was actually still alive when SWAT finally reached him but died shortly after before he could even get in the ambulance. He was the only victim to die after Eric and Dylan to.

Agreed. Dave bled out slowly. I think it is very possible that he could have been saved even within a two hour time frame, depending on what the people in the room with him were doing First Aid wise.  Beyond that he would have lost to much blood, was likely loosing the battle of fighting off shock, and his organs were stressed and starting to fail or shut down. He would have been beyond any First Aid at that point.   No

As I said in another thread the people in that room kept Dave Sanders alive and had to hear him talking about his family as they watched him bleed for hours, and that will forever piss me off. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76286
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: rachel   Victims Barely alive?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 5:52 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:
Bedsides Dave Sanders, were any of the victims still alive after they were shot or were they all killed instantly. Im not including the shooters and I do know Rachel scott was alive before she was shot again

I thought the official report was that Rachel died instantly. Unless you're a Christian Wikipedia editor or someone who wrote or directed "I'm Not Ashamed," in which case she lived long enough to tell Eric Harris that she loved God.
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123800
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Victims Barely alive??   Victims Barely alive?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
Kerea2244 wrote:

I thought the official report was that Rachel died instantly.  Unless you're a Christian Wikipedia editor or someone who wrote or directed "I'm Not Ashamed," in which case she lived long enough to tell Eric Harris that she loved God.  
Ive heard people say it but idk if its true
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victims Barely alive??   Victims Barely alive?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 8:13 pm

My memory is that Rachel was hit twice, once in the chest / arm area and once in the head, both from long range and with the head injury being immediately fatal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Victims Barely alive??   Victims Barely alive?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Victims Barely alive??
Page 1 of 1