Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Moseley

Contribution Points : 96407
Forum Reputation : 0

Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Empty
PostSubject: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 9:20 am

To me, neither of the actors looked remotely like the shooters. They didn't even seem to look sinister or intimidating like the actual shooters were.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119283
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 9:40 am

Zero Hour is my favorite video about Columbine. I liked it a lot and it gives you a really good idea about what happened on that day. It pretty much shows you everything that happened.

About the actors; I will agree that they didn't really look anything like Dylan and Eric. Well, except for the clothing maybe. And no, I didn't find them intimidating at all either. Dylan was running around screaming and laughing. The actor didn't really do any of that.

Overall though I liked it a lot.

Are you just getting into Columbine or have you been interested for awhile?

Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 9:48 am

I just happened to come across it as I recently watched a documentary on youtube about the Virginia Tech massacre and Columbine turned up as a related video. Columbine just seems more mysterious as there is no absolute reason for the actual shootings while Virginia Tech was carried out by a loner.

The oddest thing that the that actor who played Eric was marginally taller than the actor who played Dylan. It just seemed very inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119283
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 9:51 am

Moseley wrote:
I just happened to come across it as I recently watched a documentary on youtube about the Virginia Tech massacre and Columbine turned up as a related video. Columbine just seems more mysterious as there is no absolute reason for the actual shootings while Virginia Tech was carried out by a loner.

The oddest thing that the that actor who played Eric was marginally taller than the actor who played Dylan. It just seemed very inaccurate.
Yep, that is what most people tend to notice - that the Dylan actor was shorter than the Eric actor.

Well, this is a good place to research and talk about Columbine. Hopefully you find a lot of useful information here.

Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 97568
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm 9 minutes into it and i like it. I'm not really paying attention to the actors. The narration is good ,including video footage of E&D and there journal entries are accurate. Plus we get Brooks & Savages accounts of that day. Back to the movie...
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Moseley wrote:
To me, neither of the actors looked remotely like the shooters. They didn't even seem to look sinister or intimidating like the actual shooters were.

Your thoughts?
The E&D actors weren't great were they? I did enjoy it. The narration and timeline was perfect.cheers
Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Yep everything else seemed fairly okay, I was glad to see John Savage's inclusion but the two characters for the shooters looked so comical. Personally if those two turned up for the shooting I'd fancy my chances of taking them lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:07 pm

I didn't look into the acting of the actors as much but I enjoyed the documentary. Personally, I like Columbine Killers better; someones GOTTA find the music to that as well
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:55 am

Moseley wrote:
Yep everything else seemed fairly okay, I was glad to see John Savage's inclusion but the two characters for the shooters looked so comical. Personally if those two turned up for the shooting I'd fancy my chances of taking them lol
Hey Moseley ,have you seen " The Columbine Cause " ? Its a video ( 1hr 27 mins ) and gives an in depth account of the massacre. Its provides us with particularly interesting witness accounts. If you get bored of reading witness accounts ,then you can see / and or listen to them. We also can see some redacted names that were accidentally unredacted.  A few people ( friends of E&D ) have been named as being shooters and pipe bombers by cafe witnesses. Check it out. I cant leave a link because it wont work. Its at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it can be downloaded in 4 parts -mp3. I think its great !
Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:05 am

I've found it on youtube rik75, but I do find the whole idea of a third shooter a bit odd. I'd expect Eric or Dylan especially in the library to wonder where the 3rd shooter has gone. Plus I don't think there's any video footage of a third shooter.
Back to top Go down
rik75

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:14 am

Moseley wrote:
I've found it on youtube rik75, but I do find the whole idea of a third shooter a bit odd. I'd expect Eric or Dylan especially in the library to wonder where the 3rd shooter has gone. Plus I don't think there's any video footage of a third shooter.
I don't 100% think there was a 3rd shooter or anyone helping E&D during the massacre. It just think its an another interesting avenue to go down. I find the 101 witnesses very interesting. None of then lied. A lot of them were wrong in their recollections. Interesting though..Smile
Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:33 am

To me what gives away that there's only two is that when talking about the attacks in his journal, Eric only mentions himself and "vodka" (Dylan) though it would be pretty freaky if there's was an additional shooter who got off scott free.
Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Just watch the whole video, it kinda went off topic towards the end with the whole satanism rubbish but overall it was good and informative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Any of you ever consider that H/K both began the massacre with their coats on, and half way through were in their T-shirts, may in face have thrown off witnesses?
Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:47 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Any of you ever consider that H/K both began the massacre with their coats on, and half way through were in their T-shirts, may in face have thrown off witnesses?
Very likely as "third shooter" pretty much fits dylan's description a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?   Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was the re-enactment of Columbine in Zero Hour dreadful?
Page 1 of 1