Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
James411

Contribution Points : 84989
Forum Reputation : 89

Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Empty
PostSubject: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 12:46 pm

I always found this aspect of Adam Lanza (if he really did exist) kind of weird. He said children
are treated badly by society, he seemed to be angry the parents could force them to get medical
care and stuff like that. Yet he went on a shooting spree against children.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 12:56 pm

James411 wrote:

I always found this aspect of Adam Lanza (if he really did exist) kind of weird. He said children
are treated badly by society, he seemed to be angry the parents could force them to get medical

He probably thought his own childhood was abusive (his relationship with his mothers, psychiatrists...) and wanted to make it clear that it was bad. To me when he said this kind of things he was more complaining about his own life than trying to defend children rights. But I also think that he truly thought some things could be good for children and some things were bad, which could explain his comments on pedophilia. I don't think he was siding with the adult, I do think he considered himself on the side of the child. Although on this I think he was more complaining about society than really trying to make things better for children.

But given that we have very few materials about Lanza, this is only assumptions, I may be totally wrong.
Back to top Go down
carokann

Contribution Points : 50495
Forum Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Neah wrote:
James411 wrote:

He probably thought his own childhood was abusive (his relationship with his mothers, psychiatrists...) and wanted to make it clear that it was bad. To me when he said this kind of things he was more complaining about his own life than trying to defend children rights. But I also think that he truly thought some things could be good for children and some things were bad, which could explain his comments on pedophilia. I don't think he was siding with the adult, I do think he considered himself on the side of the child. Although on this I think he was more complaining about society than really trying to make things better for children.

But given that we have very few materials about Lanza, this is only assumptions, I may be totally wrong.

If you watch the Travis radio call, it becomes pretty clear that he has a broad opposition to the 21st-century Western style of childrearing and not just resentment over his own childhood. He saw the way children are domesticated and encultured as analogous to the predicament Travis found himself in. This, coupled with the comments on SBB where he said that children were indoctrinated and stripped of their rights seems to suggest this was a fundamental part of his ideology and not simply latent grievances about his past. His father actually said something about him often wistfully talking about his childhood as he grew older, wishing he could go back. I believe he either targeted children to "free" them from what he saw as a sick civilization, simply to increase his kill count, or to horrify the public to the maximum degree. There're also the pedophilia theories, but I find that less likely than one of the three aforementioned motives. It's definitely a possibility though.

qfwfq likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 12:42 am

It takes a special kind of idiot to advocate for children's rights then turn around and kill a bunch of them.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 1:34 am

miketheratguy wrote:
It takes a special kind of idiot to advocate for children's rights then turn around and kill a bunch of them.

I wouldn't really call him an idiot; his reasoning seems really inconsistent, yes, but you've gotta keep in mind that this was a guy who had brain damage from malnutrition and likely suffered from psychotic episodes or even outright schizophrenia. If his reasoning seems really odd, well, it's because it is.

Woundfucker likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 5:33 am

carokann wrote:
If you watch the Travis radio call, it becomes pretty clear that he has a broad opposition to the 21st-century Western style of childrearing and not just resentment over his own childhood. He saw the way children are domesticated and encultured as analogous to the predicament Travis found himself in. This, coupled with the comments on SBB where he said that children were indoctrinated and stripped of their rights seems to suggest this was a fundamental part of his ideology and not simply latent grievances about his past.

I agree with that, what I meant was that I don't think he killed the children nor complained about child rearing out of generosity for children. I don't think he did that really in order to help them, but instead more to complain about society and tell his view on it. I don't know if you see what I mean. And I surely don't think he killed the children to free them.
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 11:56 am

I forgot about the radio call.

I think his interest in children right was based on his experience and his thoughts on society.
He was mad that his parents took him to that shrink when he was 14 and maybe that is why he became interested in children right because his parent took him without his consent. He said children should be able to make the decision if they want to see a shrink.

Adam Lanza also hated the culture. And he was the school forcing the children to adapt to the culture instead of being in "chimp like state".

Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 11:59 am

Did Adam Lanza ever talk about why he hated society so much. I mean we know he had issues with communication but what reasons did he give

these are the reasons I found
-he was angry at anti depressants
-had a negative view on marridge and raising children in a marriage
-hated human languages
-felt society persecuted people for no good reason.
- Adam Lanza did not believe in morality, he felt values were arbitrary.
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 12:03 pm

One thing I been thinking about is society forced the children to be in school instead of letting them decide what to do with their time, for example if you younger than 16 in some states you have to be at school you are not allowed to what you want with your free time.
Back to top Go down
Ankareth

Contribution Points : 42405
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 6:08 am

Last edited by Ankareth on Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70649
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 8:28 pm

Ultimate fuck you, the most disgusting despicable act he could of done he knew he was going too kill himself after he did it.
Plus easy targets for his scoreboard.

Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 11:58 am

I think in some way Eric and Dylan or Cho are more despicable than Adam Lanza. Because the parent of high school kids have spent more money and time raising them its like an even bigger insult.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights   Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why was Adam Lanza so interested children rights
Page 1 of 1