Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured

Go down 
+5
bradt93
AlteRoad
Screamingophelia
TheGoodGuy
Tommy QTR
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91917
Forum Reputation : 575

Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Empty
PostSubject: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 8:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Two women have been killed and five others injured after a gunman opened fire in a Florida hot yoga studio.

Scott Paul Beierle killed Nancy Van Vessem, 61, and Maura Binkley, 21, after entering the studio in Tallahassee at 17:37 local time (21:37 GMT) on Friday, police say.

The 40-year-old then apparently turned the gun on himself, Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo told reporters.

Beierle's motive for "this heinous act" is not known at this time, he added.

Mr DeLeo said his officers responded to reports of the shooting at Tallahassee Hot Yoga within "three, three-and-a-half minutes", by which time Beierle was already dead.

A number of other victims received gunshot wounds, while one person was pistol-whipped.

"There are indications that several people inside fought back and tried to not only save themselves but other people, which is a testament to their courage," Mr DeLeo said.

Two of the victims remain in hospital, while three others have been treated and released.

Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum - who is currently running as the Democratic candidate for Florida governor - said he would be cutting short a campaign event and returning to the city.

"No act of gun violence is acceptable," he said. "I'm in close communication with law enforcement officials and will be returning to Tallahassee tonight."

Still no information on a motive for the shooting.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 9:05 am

Why is it always Florida!? scratch Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 9:43 am

(Reuters) - A gunman killed two people and wounded at least three others before he killed himself on Friday at a yoga studio in Tallahassee, Florida's capital, police said.

Police received a call at 5.37 p.m. (2137 GMT) of a shooting at the Hot Yoga Tallahassee studio and found multiple gunshot victims when they arrived at the small shopping center where it is located, city Police Chief Michael DeLeo told reporters. The wounded were in critical condition at local hospitals, DeLeo said.

"The suspect is deceased and one victim has passed away at the hospital," he told reporters, before police said later Friday night that a second person also died.

The gunman appeared to have acted alone and there was no immediate threat to the Tallahassee community, DeLeo said. He gave no motive for the attack or details about the shooter.

"All evidence points to a single actor who has stayed on scene and is deceased at this time so there is no additional threat to the public," DeLeo said.

Alex Redding, a patron at a nearby bar, said people came inside seeking assistance, saying a man had been acting strangely inside the Hot Yoga studio and then began shooting during a class, the Tallahassee Democrat reported.

Redding said a man with blood on his head told bar patrons he tried to stop the shooter but was pistol-whipped before the shooter turned the gun on himself, the newspaper reported.

As the OP said, not a lot of info on this.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 9:48 am

This is the suspected perpetrator:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Source I got this from said he posted this to Facebook when he was serving in Germany. I guess he was in the military for a brief amount of time.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 9:52 am

Tommy QTR wrote:

Source I got this from said he posted this to Facebook when he was serving in Germany.

Damn it! Why did it have to be a solider? Our Military has enough shit going on without more stigma being associated with them. No
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 9:58 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Source I got this from said he posted this to Facebook when he was serving in Germany.

Damn it! Why did it have to be a solider? Our Military has enough shit going on without more stigma being associated with them. No
I think his military record will be quite interesting, wherever he was honourably or dishonourably discharged and if he showed any signs of strange behaviour.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 10:14 am

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. —
Scott Paul Beierle, the man who opened fire at a Tallahassee, Florida, yoga studio and killed two people Friday, was a military veteran and a former teacher who held two master’s degrees.

According to a news release from the Tallahassee Police Department, Beierle, 40, was identified as the shooter at the Hot Yoga studio and was found dead at the scene of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. Maura Binkley, 21, and Nancy Van Vessem, 61, were killed, according to the news release. At least four other people were injured and another person was pistol-whipped, the Tallahassee Democrat reported.

According to his LinkedIn profile, Beierle described himself as a “job seeker” since June 2013. His profile notes that he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in political science and government in 2003 from the State University of New York at Binghamton. From 2005 to 2007, Beierle was an English teacher in Maryland in the Anne Arundel County Public Schools system, according to his LinkedIn profile.

Beierle joined the U.S. Army in 2008 and served a two-year hitch, according to his LinkedIn profile.

Beierle’s Facebook profile, which has not been updated since 2012, displayed several photos of his time in military service.

From 2011 to 2013, Beierle attended Florida State University in Tallahassee. According to his LinkedIn profile, he received a master’s degree in public administration and also was awarded a master’s of science in planning, and urban and regional planning.

Beierle was arrested in Tallahassee in 2012 and 2016 but charges were dropped in both cases, according to court records obtained by WCTV. In 2012 he was accused of grabbing a woman in a dining hall of the Florida State campus. The 2016 arrest occurred at a Tallahassee apartment complex, where Beierle was accused of grabbing a woman’s buttocks while she was laying at a swimming pool.

Seems this guy had a history of harassing women.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 10:14 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

I think his military record will be quite interesting, wherever he was honourably or dishonourably discharged and if he showed any signs of strange behaviour.

True. I come from a huge Military family. My dad, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. on both side of my family were/are spread far and wide in the Navy, Army, Marines, etc. This kind of stuff just hits close to home. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 10:27 am

Tommy QTR wrote:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. —
Scott Paul Beierle, the man who opened fire at a Tallahassee, Florida, yoga studio and killed two people Friday, was a military veteran and a former teacher who held two master’s degrees.

According to a news release from the Tallahassee Police Department, Beierle, 40, was identified as the shooter at the Hot Yoga studio and was found dead at the scene of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. Maura Binkley, 21, and Nancy Van Vessem, 61, were killed, according to the news release. At least four other people were injured and another person was pistol-whipped, the Tallahassee Democrat reported.

According to his LinkedIn profile, Beierle described himself as a “job seeker” since June 2013. His profile notes that he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in political science and government in 2003 from the State University of New York at Binghamton. From 2005 to 2007, Beierle was an English teacher in Maryland in the Anne Arundel County Public Schools system, according to his LinkedIn profile.

Beierle joined the U.S. Army in 2008 and served a two-year hitch, according to his LinkedIn profile.

Beierle’s Facebook profile, which has not been updated since 2012, displayed several photos of his time in military service.

From 2011 to 2013, Beierle attended Florida State University in Tallahassee. According to his LinkedIn profile, he received a master’s degree in public administration and also was awarded a master’s of science in planning, and urban and regional planning.

Beierle was arrested in Tallahassee in 2012 and 2016 but charges were dropped in both cases, according to court records obtained by WCTV. In 2012 he was accused of grabbing a woman in a dining hall of the Florida State campus. The 2016 arrest occurred at a Tallahassee apartment complex, where Beierle was accused of grabbing a woman’s buttocks while she was laying at a swimming pool.

Seems this guy had a history of harassing women.

Yeah, from these reports is would seem he had serious issues keeping his hands to himself. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 10:56 am

This guy would have been a lot less stressed out if he'd actually gone to the yoga place for a workout. I mean he was right there, couldn't have hurt.
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 70666
Forum Reputation : 95

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:33 am

miketheratguy wrote:
This guy would have been a lot less stressed out if he'd actually gone to the yoga place for a workout. I mean he was right there, couldn't have hurt.
I don´t agree with this I bet he killed them because he hating females and girls in slutty yoga pants and boobs out was the ones who wanted to kill, this case makes me think of George Sodini he killed several girls in a gym because he couldn´t get with girls, this case might be a different reason but George Sodini was the first to pop up in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:39 am

The gunman who shot and killed two people and wounded at least five others before killing himself Friday had a history of arrests for grabbing women, according to Leon County court records.

Scott Paul Beierle, 40, was arrested in 2012 on a charge of misdemeanor battery after allegedly grabbing the buttocks of two women on the campus of Florida State University, according to Leon County court records. He was arrested again in 2016 on a battery charge after allegedly slapping and grabbing another women’s rear end by the swimming pool at the West Tennessee Street apartment complex where he lived.

The State Attorney’s Office filed information in both cases. However, prosecutors eventually dropped the charges.

FSU police were called to the Suwannee Room, a popular campus dining hall, on Dec. 7, 2012, after getting a report of a man inappropriately touching female patrons. Both women gave statements to police and said they wished to pursue charges.

“Victim [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] stated she was at the soda fountain when she felt someone grab her buttocks,” the police report says. “She thought it may have been her boyfriend at first, and (when) she turned around she identified the male as Beierle.

"Victim [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] stated she saw Beierle grab victim [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and wanted to make sure she saw what she saw. Victim [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] stated the same person has (grabbed) her on the buttocks on three separate occasions over the last month.”

Seems like Prosecutors shouldn't of dropped their charges on this guy.

Also I checked his Facebook account and found these images:

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:58 am

Some more pictures of him:

I've noticed he's alone in all of them, quite sad really.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 12:14 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:

Maybe he had a friend taking the pictures? I hope.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 12:33 pm

Neah wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Maybe he had a friend taking the pictures? I hope.
Yeah what I meant he doesn't have anyone by his side, it also doesn't help that he's at quite fancy places and seems very lonely.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 12:34 pm

The shooting now has it's own Wikipedia page:

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:16 pm

I do hot yoga, I never thought I’d have to fear a shooting during my practice Sad

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:23 pm

A man opened fire Friday evening at a yoga studio in Tallahassee, Florida, killing two people and injuring five others, before turning the gun on himself, police said.

People inside Hot Yoga Tallahassee appeared to have fought suspected gunman Scott Paul Beierle, 40, of Deltona, Florida, in an effort to save themselves and others, Tallahassee police Chief Michael DeLeo said.

The gunman, who was already dead when officers arrived, died of a possible self-inflicted gunshot wound, the police chief said.

Police said people fought the man who walked into a Tallahassee, Florida, yoga studio and opened fire.

Police said people fought the man who walked into a Tallahassee, Florida, yoga studio and opened fire.

Police identified the two victims killed as Nancy Van Vessem, 61, and Maura Binkley, 21.

Police received 911 calls about a shooting at 5:37 p.m. Friday -- minutes after a hot yoga flow class was scheduled to begin, according to the studio's website.

When officers arrived, they found that six people were shot and one person had been pistol-whipped.

Two victims were in stable condition, police said early Saturday, and three others had been released from the hospital.

Of the two hospitalized, one was shot nine times, and the other had a bullet pass through her body, Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum told reporters. Gillum is the Democratic nominee in the Florida governor's race.

Police say the gunman was dead when officers arrived shortly after receiving reports of the shooting.

Police say the gunman was dead when officers arrived shortly after receiving reports of the shooting.

"The truth is that these occurrences have become far too frequent in our society," Gillum said. "I would ask that the community continue to lift up the victims, those who are still recovering from their injuries."

Gillum met the victims Friday night after he returned from a Shabbat service in South Florida honoring the 11 people killed a week ago in a Pittsburgh synagogue.

The gunman in Tallahassee is believed to have acted alone, DeLeo said, and there's no threat to the community.

It's unclear what may have motivated the attack, police said.

DeLeo said investigators were unable to draw a connection immediately between the gunman and either of the deceased.

Binkley was a student at Florida State University, and Van Vessem was a faculty member at the university's medical school, CNN affiliate WCTV reported.

"There are no words to express the shock and grief we feel after learning of the deaths of Maura Binkley and Dr. Nancy Van Vessem. To lose one of our students and one of our faculty members in this tragic and violent way is just devastating to the Florida State University family," Florida State President John Thrasher said in a statement posted on his Twitter account.

"We feel this loss profoundly and we send our deepest sympathies to Maura's and Nancy's loved ones while we pray for the recovery of those who were injured."

Van Vessem was a doctor specializing in internal medicine who was chief medical director for Florida's Capital Health Plan, the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper reported.

"As we process the gut-wrenching act of violence that took place this evening in a place of peace in our community, we hold in our hearts everyone who is affected and lift them up in love," officials tweeted from the city's verified account.

Still no info on a motive scratch

I suspect it had something to do with his problems with women? Considering he was known for harassing them, although I could be wrong.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:30 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:
miketheratguy wrote:
I don´t agree with this I bet he killed them because he hating females and girls in slutty yoga pants and boobs out was the ones who wanted to kill, this case makes me think of George Sodini he killed several girls in a gym because he couldn´t get with girls, this case might be a different reason but George Sodini was the first to pop up in my mind.

Oh it was just a joke. But yeah, as a guy I find myself having to admit that those skintight yoga pants that girls wear everywhere can do strange things to a man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:32 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:

Also I checked his Facebook account and found these images:

Oh no, Reagan's next!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:38 pm

miketheratguy wrote:
TheGoodGuy wrote:
miketheratguy wrote:

Oh it was just a joke. But yeah, as a guy I find myself having to admit that those skintight yoga pants that girls wear everywhere can do strange things to a man.

LOL! Well turnabout is fair, SO why don't you wear a pair and see what effect it has on the girls! Roll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:43 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

LOL! Well turnabout is fair, SO why don't you wear a pair and see what effect it has on the girls! Roll

I could never! They make my ass look fat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:47 pm

miketheratguy wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I could never! They make my ass look fat.

Dear sweet baby Jesus! BAHAHAHA!   But now I have a mental picture in my head. Embarassed Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:50 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Dear sweet baby Jesus! BAHAHAHA!   But now I have a mental picture in my head. Embarassed Haha

Imagine that I was wearing a pair in that picture that I showed you. Why'd you think I looked so happy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Has any other info on his mental state/health been released? Anything besides him harassing women? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:55 pm

miketheratguy wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Imagine that I was wearing a pair in that picture that I showed you. Why'd you think I looked so happy?

Roll
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 2:06 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Has any other info on his mental state/health been released? Anything besides him harassing women? scratch
Not that I know of, I have found out he was arrested in 2014 for trespassing in FSU dinning hall, when he had a campus-wide trespass against him. I've been trying to find more info on his Military record, hopefully more info on him will be released soon.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I do hot yoga, I never thought I’d have to fear a shooting during my practice Sad
I don't think that would ever happen, since I can only recall 2 mass murders (including this one) that occurred at a Gym/Yoga place. If you want to feel safe I would recommend getting a concealed carry licence, or at least some pepper spray or a Taser.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
If you want to feel safe I would recommend getting a concealed carry licence, or at least some pepper spray or a Taser.

All cute girls should be carrying pepper spray. Especially if they're wearing yoga pants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I have found out he was arrested in 2014 for trespassing in FSU dinning hall, when he had a campus-wide trespass against him. I've been trying to find more info on his Military record, hopefully more info on him will be released soon.

Can you link the info on the 2014 incident please? Smile
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 2:17 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I have found out he was arrested in 2014 for trespassing in FSU dinning hall, when he had a campus-wide trespass against him. I've been trying to find more info on his Military record, hopefully more info on him will be released soon.

Sure thing:

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Sure thing:

Thanks Hun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
I don't think that would ever happen, since I can only recall 2 mass murders (including this one) that occurred at a Gym/Yoga place. If you want to feel safe I would recommend getting a concealed carry licence, or at least some pepper spray or a Taser.

I have pepper spray and have been toying with getting my concealed carry.

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I have also been giving [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] some long distance Self Defense lessons, tips, random pointers on defending herself etc! Haha
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 4:02 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

That's good, I always think people, especially women should be ready to defend themselves.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 4:02 pm

The gunman who killed two women in a Florida hot yoga studio Friday had been arrested at least two times for touching women in public, according to court records.

Scott Paul Beierle, 40, killed two women in a Tallahassee studio and wounded five other people before turning the gun on himself, police said. Leon County court records show he had faced two misdemeanor battery charges for grabbing women.

Beierle was arrested in 2012 for allegedly grabbing the buttocks of two women on the Florida State University campus, court records show. One woman said in a police report that Beierle grabbed her while she was at a soda fountain and she "thought it may have been her boyfriend at first." The second woman said Beierle had also grabbed her on "three separate occasions over the last month." Beierle denied intentionally grabbing anyone and said he might have accidentally bumped into someone.

Beierle was arrested again in 2016 after allegedly grabbing and slapping the buttocks of a woman at an apartment complex's pool.

Prosecutors dropped the charges after both of his arrests.

Beierle was also arrested for trespassing in an FSU dining hall in 2014, leading to a campus-wide trespass warning against him, and he faced at least six traffic violations between 2011 and 2014, records show.

Police have not determined a motive for Beierle's rampage, which claimed the lives of Maura Binkley, 21, and Dr. Nancy Van Vessem, 61. Binkley was a student at Florida State University and Van Vessem was a faculty member who coordinated internal medicine clerkship rotations at the Tallahassee campus.

Police said Saturday that Beierle had entered the yoga studio posing as a customer and abruptly started shooting people with a handgun. Patrons fought him and prevented him from harming others before he shot and killed himself, police said.

The Tallahassee Police Department did not immediately return messages from CBS News.

Beierle's LinkedIn page says he attended FSU for a masters degree in public administration and urban planning, and graduated from Binghamton University in New York in 2002. He had listed himself as a "job seeker" since 2013. The page also described him as a "military professional" and said he worked for the U.S. Army between 2008 and 2010 as a supply and logistics director.

Beierle's Facebook page has pictures of him in an Army uniform, with other uniformed men standing around him. In his "About" section, Beierle wrote: "As hard as you try, you can not escape your destiny. You can run from it, but you can not hide from it." The page also includes a quote from Patrick Bateman, the fictional serial killer from "American Psycho": "I just want to have a meaningful relationship with someone special."

Hmmm, very interesting. Seemed to have a clean Military record as far as I can tell. The quotes in the about section of Facebook are quite fascinating. Apart from his harassment of women he seemed to have minor offences and didn't show any worrying signs. Also no confirmation on what type of Handgun he used.

Also his mugshot from 2012:

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Well to be honest his inability to STOP touching strange women and the continued harassment is or should have been a worrying sign.

It somewhat proves that he lacked impulse control.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 4:40 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Well to be honest his inability to STOP touching strange women and the continued harassment is or should have been a worrying sign.

Well what I meant is that apart from his harassment of women, he didn't show any worrying signs.

It makes me wonder if he had any mental illness or disabilities? Because what I can find so far he wasn't diagnosed with anything.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 4:42 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Well what I meant is that apart from his harassment of women, he didn't show any worrying signs.

It makes me wonder if he had any mental illness or disabilities? Because what I can find so far he wasn't diagnosed with anything.

I wonder how hard it would be to check the VA in Florida to see if he had been or was being treated for anything? scratch
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 4:48 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I wonder how hard it would be to check the VA in Florida to see if he had been or was being treated for anything? scratch
Well if he was it'll be made public hopefully.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Well if he was it'll be made public hopefully.

True.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Theres only one way this could have been stopped: PornHub
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 4:54 pm

His 2016 mughsot:

Looks a lot more smug in this one.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
His 2016 mughsot:

Looks a lot more smug in this one.

Yes he kinda does.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 5:12 pm

Information on the victims:

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 5:42 pm

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WBNG/AP) — The man accused in a deadly shooting at a Florida yoga studio has connections to the Binghamton area.

Police in Tallahassee say 40-year-old Scott Paul Beierle shot six people, killing two and pistol whipped another person before killing himself.

According to a LinkedIn profile, Beierle attended Binghamton University from 1997-2002 and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in political science and government.

Tallahassee City Commissioner Scott Maddox said on Facebook, “In my public service career I have had to be on some bad scenes. This is the worst. Please pray.”

Officers say they are searching Beierle’s car, phone and social media profiles for a possible motive.

A witness, Melissa Hutchinson, says she rushed to help anyone she could after the shooting.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Court records show that the 40-year-man identified as the shooter at a yoga studio in Tallahassee had been previously arrested for grabbing women.

Police say that Scott Paul Beierle shot six people, killing two, and pistol whipped another person before turning the gun on himself.

Beierle was charged by police with battery in 2016 after he slapped and grabbed a woman’s buttocks at an apartment complex pool. Records show that the charges were eventually dismissed after Beierle followed the conditions of a deferred prosecution agreement.

Beierle was also charged with battery in 2012 for grabbing women’s buttocks in a Florida State University campus dining hall. A FSU police report shows that Beierle told police he may accidentally bumped into someone, but denied grabbing anyone.
——
8:30 a.m.
Authorities in Florida’s capital city say two people were shot to death and five others wounded at a yoga studio by a gunman who then killed himself.

Officials at Florida State University said the two slain Friday were an FSU student and faculty member.

Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo told reporters Friday night that the man shot six people and pistol-whipped another after walking into the studio, which is part of a small shopping center.

The suspect then fatally shot himself, DeLeo said.

DeLeo said the shooter acted alone and authorities are investigating possible motives.

City Commissioner Scott Maddox said on Facebook, “In my public service career I have had to be on some bad scenes. This is the worst. Please pray.”

His High School Yearbook photo:

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 6:02 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I have also been giving [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] some long distance Self Defense lessons, tips, random pointers on defending herself etc! Haha

I'll be interested in knowing what those magic tips are, because when like me you don't even have the right to have a pepper spray (so let's not even talk about knives or guns), I don't know how it is possible to defend myself against someone who doesn't respect the law and attack me... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Apparently he had a Youtube Channel, it's been deleted now although uploads of his videos do exist:

Credit to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for finding it.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I'll be interested in knowing what those magic tips are, because when like me you don't even have the right to have a pepper spray (so let's not even talk about knives or guns), I don't know how it is possible to defend myself against someone who doesn't respect the law and attack me... Evil or Very Mad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   A swift, hard jab to the throat, then follow up with a hard knee to the groin. One alternative to the throat jab would be a hard upward palm strike to the nose, THEN follow it up with the knee to the groin.

There are different variations of the first move. You could also use keys to blind the attacker, if they are already clutched tight in between your fingers etc.  They actually make key chains designed for this very purpose. These are shaped like a kitty face, the ears are pointed.

You can find many such things in any self defense magazine or buy them online here, although it does vary from state to state.  BUT I don't know if you would be allowed something like that over there. scratch

Also I have to add that the fact you have no means to lawfully protect yourself pisses me off. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 6:39 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   A swift, hard jab to the throat, then follow up with a hard knee to the groin. One alternative to the throat jab would be a hard upward palm strike to the nose, THEN follow it up with the knee to the groin.

There are different variations of the first move. You could also use keys to blind the attacker, if they are already clutched tight in between your fingers etc.  They actually make key chains designed for this very purpose. These are shaped like a kitty face, the ears are pointed.

You can find many such things in any self defense magazine or buy them online here, although it does vary from state to state.  BUT I don't know if you would be allowed something like that over there. scratch

Also I have to add that the fact you have no means to lawfully protect yourself pisses me off. Evil or Very Mad

Thanks! I'll practice in my room. Smile

Yeah, I hate the fact that bad people do not respect the law and can have weapons, whereas honest people cannot even protect themselves. But now thanks to your advice I will be able to defend myself, man you better not assault me, I was coached by the best of the best. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured   Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Florida yoga studio shooting: Two killed and four injured
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next