Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....

Go down 
+21
melanishka
cakeman
KMFDM
InsaneIntruder
rebel2013
Rebbie556
milennialrebelette
gyro
AlteRoad
QuestionMark
bradt93
Lunkhead McGrath
Pixie13
Screamingophelia
Lizpuff
Norwegian
thelmar
Jenn
Tommy QTR
Adzybear
joebox97
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59415
Forum Reputation : 725

For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 6:40 am

bradt93 wrote:
Well, I think bullying should start being classified as mental abuse, but at school. Their should be charges against the kid and the parents now too.

I've worked with two groups of kids. Some that are assholes have asshole parents, you can see the connection since they were young.

However there's the second group who seem to defy caring parents/grandparents etc. The caregivers are never perfect but they do try and have little success.

Targeting parents is reaching and often has no effect on the adolescents participating in bullying. There's so many different types and reasons there's no "one way" to successfully address the problem unfortunately.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78878
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 7:49 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Well, I think bullying should start being classified as mental abuse, but at school. Their should be charges against the kid and the parents now too.

Depends on the severety of the bullying and the effects such punitive meassures might have. Chances are that some meassures might actually escalate the situation rather than help. We want a Quick fix to stop bullying, but there isnt one. There should always be a careful consideration about what needs to be done in cases like that. Sometimes it may actually work to expell the ones that are doing the bullying. In other cases, I fear that it does more harm than good.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 7:54 pm

milennialrebelette wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

I've worked with two groups of kids. Some that are assholes have asshole parents, you can see the connection since they were young.

However there's the second group who seem to defy caring parents/grandparents etc. The caregivers are never perfect but they do try and have little success.

Targeting parents is reaching and often  has no effect on the adolescents participating in bullying. There's so many different types and reasons there's no "one way" to successfully address the problem unfortunately.

If you work with Kids and consider them assholes, you shouldnt work with them in the first place. I certainly wouldnt be met by a caregiver that judge you for being an asshole. Im also pretty sure they learn nothing from it. Its important to understand why they bully and what causes children to act like that in the first place to absolve the problem.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91056
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 am

milennialrebelette wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

Targeting parents is reaching and often  has no effect on the adolescents participating in bullying. There's so many different types and reasons there's no "one way" to successfully address the problem unfortunately.
Are you saying even the "jocks" have asshole parents too?

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 7:28 pm

The fact is, we dont know the whole reason why they did it. We dont even know wether they were actually bullied. But in any case, I would assume that bullying was hardly the reason(my subjective opinion based on research). This is because theres no single blue print for why these school shootings happen. If you are going to argue that bullying is part of it, there are likely other causes as well.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 7:44 pm

I dont think you can deny that firearms def do have something to do with it, but I see it as there are Just too many things at play.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....   For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those who say Eric and Dylan did it because of bullying....
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4