Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?

Go down 
+3
mrc123
rik75
Moseley
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Moseley

Contribution Points : 95907
Forum Reputation : 0

A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Empty
PostSubject: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:45 am

1. H/K mention something to the effect of "look at that N*****'s brains", but wasn't Isaiah shot in the chest?

2. Eric apparently uses a similar racial remark before he shoots dead Cunrow (" Oh, a n*****. You're a dead black boy) according to Ruegsegger, why would he say this to a white student?

3. Dan Steepleton mentions that Eric was wearing his trenchcoat in the library, but didn't he take it off when he was shooting outside?
Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 97068
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:16 am

Moseley wrote:
1. H/K mention something to the effect of "look at that N*****'s brains", but wasn't Isaiah shot in the chest?

2. Eric apparently uses a similar racial remark before he shoots dead Cunrow (" Oh, a n*****. You're a dead black boy) according to Ruegsegger, why would he say this to a white student?

3. Dan Steepleton mentions that Eric was wearing his trenchcoat in the library, but didn't he take it off when he was shooting outside?
Hi Moseley ,that's 1 thing i would like to know regarding Isaiah. He suffered zero face / head trauma. Why the brains comment?  I do not know ( but i wish i did). I think the comments " ni**er & your a dead black boy " was aimed at Isaiah. Why Dan stated seeing both men wearing long coats? ,strange. I believe Eric removed his coat at the top of the steps near the west entrance..
Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 97068
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 am

Moseley wrote:

Hey Moseley ,check out my post ( regarding the " N's brains ) in the " questions about the victims " section. I can't provide the answer about that because its a weird 1 .
Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:51 am

Yes I just checked it, weird indeed. Also he couldn't have meant Isaiah when he said you're a dead black boy because the tables were nowhere near each other, bear in mind as well it's Dylan who manages to find Isaiah and alert Eric to his presence. The whole Eric still having trenchcoat is baffling as well because Dan gives good descriptions of both, how can anyone mistakenly think a person with a t-shirt has a trenchcoat on top?
Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Anyone got any reasonable explanations for these?
Back to top Go down
mrc123

Contribution Points : 97667

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:24 pm

About Dan stating that he saw both shooters wearing trench coats. It could be many reasons. 1. The memory of seeing both boys walking around school in the coats previously to 4/20/99 or 2. If he saw them out of the library windows wearing their coats while they were still outside shooting. 3. His memory was affected by accounts from other witnesses after the fact. Memory is a funny thing especially during a traumatic incident.
Back to top Go down
mattmatthew1337

Contribution Points : 95526

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:09 am

1.) I think that quote was mis-matched. Mark Kintgen's account of the opening phase of the library seems more lucid than most others. He states that after the dangerous duo walks to the west end there were several gun shots followed by "Oh, look at his brains". I think that statement was refering to Steve because they did shoot him in the back of the head. Also I know that Dylan made several racial remarks toward Isaiah such as "Oh a nigger, you're a dead black boy". Perhaps the quote " Look at that nigger's brains" is just a mismatch of a few quotes.

3.) Reading through most of the witnesses in the 11k report, they were all contradictory. Some claimed there were 3 or 4 shooters. Some claimed they were both wearing Trenchcoats in the later stages of the shooting, some claimed to see Eric in only his white shirt. Some claimed Eric was shooting a shotgun when it was really his carbine, some claimed Dylan was pumping at his shotgun. All of them (in the outside at least) get the chronology mixed up: some claimed Dylan went down the stairs and THEN Eric shot Anne while some claim Eric shot Anne and then Dylan went down the stairs... among many contradicting statements from different witnesses. Eric's duster was found on the outside and several witnesses claim seeing him take it off after shooting Rachel and Richard, so it would have been impossible for him to have had it on in the library. Dan Steepleton was just guilty of what hundred's of witnesses were guilty of during the shooting by getting their memories mixed up.
Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:33 am

Who's Anne?
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101822

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:08 pm

mattmatthew1337 wrote:
Eric shot Anne
Rachel?

Contribution Points : 102387
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:10 pm

areyoulistening wrote:
mattmatthew1337 wrote:
Eric shot Anne
Rachel?
Anne Marie Hochhalter
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101822

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:14 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
areyoulistening wrote:
mattmatthew1337 wrote:
Eric shot Anne
Rachel?
Anne Marie Hochhalter
Gotcha.

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Oh yeah, she got paralysed right?
Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 96939

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:18 pm

My take is that they used the term ''nigger'' and ''nigga'' for any guy no matter their color, probably even for each other. It's in Eric's 1998 written by Dylan (if I remember well): ''Supa Nigga!'' above a drawing and also ''My nigga'' referring to Eric.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
Moseley

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Without the risk of offending anyone, to hear either say the N word just sounds so comical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?   A couple of ambiguities in the shooting? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A couple of ambiguities in the shooting?
Page 1 of 1