Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help! Censorship and Columbine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LevtinAlex

LevtinAlex

Contribution Points : 51550
Forum Reputation : 25

Help! Censorship and Columbine Empty
PostSubject: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 8:46 am

Hello everyone.
Have you encountered the fact that your peaceful interest in Columbine/other shooting was blocked by the site or encountered other obstacles? Have you ever deleted pictures or groups, or fan fiction?
Tell about your experience.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 9:00 am

LevtinAlex wrote:
Hello everyone.
Have you encountered the fact that your peaceful interest in Columbine/other shooting was blocked by the site or encountered other obstacles? Have you ever deleted pictures or groups, or fan fiction?

The only thing that annoys me is the redacted pages and the info Jeffco won't release! I am so nosey lol.

I don't write fanfiction though, and pretty much the only place I talk about this crime is here on this site and it is a great place to be

LevtinAlex

LevtinAlex

PostSubject: Re: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 9:37 am

Lizpuff wrote:
LevtinAlex wrote:
Hello everyone.

The only thing that annoys me is the redacted pages and the info Jeffco won't release!  I am so nosey lol.

I don't write fanfiction though, and pretty much the only place I talk about this crime is here on this site and it is a great place to be

I believe that some brutal and careful fan keeps this Rolling Eyes

Yes, this place is beautiful.  I love you
Two days ago in my country passed new law on blocking communities. Since then, we have anxious. There are bad rumors...
No matter how you interested, you are a researcher or an copycat, edge or normi? you are a possible scapegoat.

I understand that it is unlikely that someone experienced something like this, but maybe?

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 9:47 am

LevtinAlex wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
LevtinAlex wrote:
Hello everyone.

The only thing that annoys me is the redacted pages and the info Jeffco won't release!  I am so nosey lol.

Two days ago in my country passed new law on blocking communities. Since then, we have anxious. There are bad rumors...
No matter how you interested, you are a researcher or an copycat, edge or normi? you are a possible scapegoat.

I understand that it is unlikely that someone experienced something like this, but maybe?

I am sorry that you have that in your country. So now it must feel like you are sort of breaking the law when you research?

LevtinAlex

LevtinAlex

PostSubject: Re: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 10:44 am

Lizpuff wrote:
LevtinAlex wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
LevtinAlex wrote:
Hello everyone.

I am sorry that you have that in your country.  So now it must feel like you are sort of breaking the law when you research?

Yeah, something like that. In fact, we were forbidden to distribute information. But now I calmed down a bit. Thank you for being. I love CHSMDF.

LevtinAlex

PostSubject: Re: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 11:26 pm

Ok, let me tell a cool story for locals.
I call it a public cycle in nature, comparing it to the water cycle.
How it all happens:
1. Admin creating group about Columbine.
2. After a day or two, admin creates a reserve group and posts a link to it.
3. The first group is blocked and subscribers go to the reserve.
4. For reserve group creates its own reserve.  pirat
5. All repeats.

It sounds a bit dreary, huh? But people are interested in Columbine and this will continue.

ValiantSoldier

Contribution Points : 58121
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 8:32 am

I know Wattpad, a fan fiction site, is cracking down on those who write Columbine and other true crime related fanfics a lot more. Just before you say anything, I only find fanfics entertaining and I am NOT a columbiner although it has been my biggest crime interest among many cases.

I don't know why, but one day I ended up talking to a teacher of mine about Columbine and he shared with me that he was in his first year at college when columbine happened, and when he was a teacher at another school near Virginia Tech, he was there when VT Shooting happened. However, instead of stopping there, I was called in once about this since I came back to school after winter break wearing a trench coat. I assured them that the coat was nothing to do with it. That was also another obstacle too since a few of the school admins got involved and I had to get them to understand that I am just a researcher after finding out about this stuff last year. Sometimes when you misplace a small object, a big storm can happen. Same like these fanfics and the Russian columbines vs the Roskomnadzor, and now Tumblr finally taking action that they literally brought up columbine.

Internet wise, I wasn't stopped, but I have seen other users go through this many times. I only encountered a few personal obstacles. This is why when discussing Columbine I keep it to the forums or the subreddit.

<<If all shall turn against me, I'll fight like I always have.>>

<<There are three kinds of people: those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle.>>

<<Belka did absolutely nothing wrong.>>
Back to top Go down
LevtinAlex

LevtinAlex

PostSubject: Re: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 9:34 am

ValiantSoldier wrote:
I know Wattpad, a fan fiction site, is cracking down on those who write Columbine and other true crime related fanfics a lot more. Just before you say anything, I only find fanfics entertaining and I am NOT a columbiner although it has been my biggest crime interest among many cases.

I don't know why, but one day I ended up talking to a teacher of mine about Columbine and he shared with me that he was in his first year at college when columbine happened, and when he was a teacher at another school near Virginia Tech, he was there when VT Shooting happened. However, instead of stopping there, I was called in once about this since I came back to school after winter break wearing a trench coat. I assured them that the coat was nothing to do with it. That was also another obstacle too since a few of the school admins got involved and I had to get them to understand that I am just a researcher after finding out about this stuff last year. Sometimes when you misplace a small object, a big storm can happen. Same like these fanfics and the Russian columbines vs the Roskomnadzor, and now Tumblr finally taking action that they literally brought up columbine.

Internet wise, I wasn't stopped, but I have seen other users go through this many times. I only encountered a few personal obstacles. This is why when discussing Columbine I keep it to the forums or the subreddit.

Your words prompted me to check if the translation of Eric's diary, which is posted on Wattpad, is alive. Judging by the fact that he was not banned, like other fan fiction, everything is as before. I don't want to say that if I have no problems with this site, then others don't. I posted one short fanfic about Columbine on another site where you can publish almost everything, and once I discovered that Columbine's fandom was deleted. I don't know why I didn't find out the reason for this, and just hid fan fiction, and then transferred it to another fandom created by columbiners. When I wrote this topic, I was very nervous...

It is interesting to read how it happens in countries where it all began. And even more interesting is that you met such a teacher.
I'm glad to hear that you managed to get out of these problems.
I heard about Tumblr, but for some reason didn't take it seriously.

On Friday, I tried to googling Columbine on a school computer, but it showed that I couldn't do it. Remembering that my computer science teacher was dangerous, I came up with an excuse. My assumption that our schools now know about Columbine has been slightly confirmed.

LevtinAlex

PostSubject: Re: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 2:32 am

Now rkn 'temporarily freezes' accounts of admins.

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69050
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 9:57 am

Lately I've had a few experiences with my family once they discovered I was studying this. From now on I hide everything about it to them. It's actually quite sad in my opinion as I am a very supportive and open minded person, if someone in my family was into something strange/dark/uncommon I would be supportive of their interest, as long as it wasn't harmful to anyone or unhealthy, even if I didn't agree with it.
Back to top Go down
LevtinAlex

LevtinAlex

PostSubject: Re: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 7:24 pm

People leaving social networks and going in messengers. All became worse.
I was tired of this. Vlad showed me this world, and at the same time he destroyed it.

LevtinAlex

PostSubject: Re: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 11:48 am

The circulation of the Columbine groups continues. Agents coming to people and call them more often. Now groups get banned less often, but it became impossible to publish certain graphic content.  Cuckoo

PostSubject: Re: Help! Censorship and Columbine   Help! Censorship and Columbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! Censorship and Columbine
Page 1 of 1