Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?

Go down 
+2
bradt93
icanmakeuhappy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
icanmakeuhappy

Contribution Points : 52900
Forum Reputation : 25

Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Empty
PostSubject: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 11:33 pm

If anyone here knows about Elliot Rodger and read his manifesto, I think he and Dylan had similar thoughts? I mean, the motives for their crimes were different but the way their thoughts went by is kind of alike.
Both of them felt rejected by humanity. Elliot felt rejected because women wouldn't give him the attention he thought he deserved. Dylan felt rejected because he was different and people wouldn't accept him for who he was. So this led them to think they were gods. Sometimes I think Dylan's rage and maybe narcissism?? are very overlooked.
Elliot's thoughts were something like women don't like me -----> women are humans who want nothing to do with me -----> I am not human -----> I am a god
Dylan's thoughts were like I have no experiences like being accepted, having a girlfriend, being happy -----> those experiences are part of human experience -----> I am not human -----> I am a god
He also thought that people were ignorant and he wasn't a “zombie”. Him not being accepted by “zombies” made him depressed and suicidal at the beginning but later on, that became anger.
Elliot thought that promiscuous men and women were disgusting and he had to get rid of them.
Both of them thought that society (or humans) had a problem and they were the only ones whose acts were superior, thus they were gods. They wanted revenge against society for rejecting them and also to show them that they were the only superior, misunderstood ones.
Sorry if every time I post here it feels like I'm writing an essay lol
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91056
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 11:36 pm

Well Dylan wasn't shy around women, Elliot was. I mean I still don't get why Elliot thought women were just going to come to him and ask him out. The man usually makes the first move and he thought every woman was against him.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 1:23 am

bradt93 wrote:
Well Dylan wasn't shy around women

This is only technically true because according to the prison psychologists assigned to him, Dylann had some severe social malfunctions.

In regards to the OP I'd say DR and ER are similar only in that I think they struggled with some of the same mental disorders (and even that's a maybe). ER was vastly more sadistic and narcissistic than DR, DR decided that rather than see the entirety of humanity as his enemy because of social rejection that by and large blacks, Jews, and other racial minorities were an eminent and direct, observable threat to both himself and others, DR neglected to talk about his home life in his manifesto while ER wrote about it more than his actual ideology, I could go on and on about how these two were different personality wise.

EDIT: disregard

Last edited by QuestionMark on Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 2:38 am

QuestionMark wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

This is only technically true because according to the prison psychologists assigned to him, Dylann had some severe social malfunctions.

In regards to the OP I'd say DR and ER are similar only in that I think they struggled with some of the same mental disorders (and even that's a maybe). ER was vastly more sadistic and narcissistic than DR, DR decided that rather than see the entirety of humanity as his enemy because of social rejection that by and large blacks, Jews, and other racial minorities were an eminent and direct, observable threat to both himself and others, DR neglected to talk about his home life in his manifesto while ER wrote about it more than his actual ideology, I could go on and on about how these two were different personality wise.
Pretty sure he's talking about Dylan Klebold, not Dylann Roof.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 2:43 am

Yes Dylan Klebold.

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 7:32 am

Dylan was shy around women and people in general.

He writes about it too...

Dylan might have started to see himself as “godlike” but not in the way Elliott did

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 9:51 am

Elliot himself liked Eric rather than Dylan. I can see similarities but also very different

icanmakeuhappy

Contribution Points : 52900
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 10:43 am

SavageGlocker wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

In regards to the OP I'd say DR and ER are similar only in that I think they struggled with some of the same mental disorders (and even that's a maybe). ER was vastly more sadistic and narcissistic than DR, DR decided that rather than see the entirety of humanity as his enemy use of social rejection that by and large blacks, Jews, and other racial minorities were an eminent and direct, observable threat to both himself and others, DR neglected to talk about his home life in his manifesto while ER wrote about it more than his actual ideology, I could go on and on about how these two were different personality wise.
Yep, I'm talking about Dylan Klebold

Screamingophelia wrote:

Dylan might have started to see himself as “godlike” but not in the way Elliott did
He was shy but not to the extent that Elliot was and he definitely didn't feel as "godlike" as Elliot. The difference is that Elliot grew up rich and spoiled by his mom and was autistic. Dylan was neither spoiled and rich or autistic, at least it's likely he wasn't. But I've been reading Dylan's journal again and it strikes me how people like to focus on Dylan's depression rather than his anger and desire to revenge. Sure, the main subject on his writings was suicide and even on his goodbye tape he talks about it, rather than the other bigger thing but depression alone doesn't make you go on a killing spree at your school. So the whole "I am better than you, you humans" thing is what leads me to believe that was the reason why he went on instead of committing suicide first. Hell, he was surprised that he hadn't killed himself around January 1999. So it reminds me of the whole Elliot Rodger thing. They thought they were gods and society rejected them because they couldn't keep up with them. Of course, motives were different and I guess their mental illnesses were different, even though Elliot was depressed as well. It's easy to tell why Elliot did what he did because he explained it and left videos and stuff but Eric and Dylan left journals that don't go beyond the things they were thinking at an exact point in their lives. I guess their manifesto are the Basement Tapes but, y'know, we don't have them Rolling Eyes

Lizpuff wrote:
Elliot himself liked Eric rather than Dylan. I can see similarities but also very different
Did Elliot ever talk about Columbine? I don't remember scratch It's understandable why though, I guess Eric was more explicit than Dylan
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 11:50 am

icanmakeuhappy wrote:
SavageGlocker wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

In regards to the OP I'd say DR and ER are similar only in that I think they struggled with some of the same mental disorders (and even that's a maybe). ER was vastly more sadistic and narcissistic than DR, DR decided that rather than see the entirety of humanity as his enemy use of social rejection that by and large blacks, Jews, and other racial minorities were an eminent and direct, observable threat to both himself and others, DR neglected to talk about his home life in his manifesto while ER wrote about it more than his actual ideology, I could go on and on about how these two were different personality wise.

Screamingophelia wrote:

He was shy but not to the extent that Elliot was and he definitely didn't feel as "godlike" as Elliot. The difference is that Elliot grew up rich and spoiled by his mom and was autistic. Dylan was neither spoiled and rich or autistic, at least it's likely he wasn't. But I've been reading Dylan's journal again and it strikes me how people like to focus on Dylan's depression rather than his anger and desire to revenge. Sure, the main subject on his writings was suicide and even on his goodbye tape he talks about it, rather than the other bigger thing but depression alone doesn't make you go on a killing spree at your school. So the whole "I am better than you, you humans" thing is what leads me to believe that was the reason why he went on instead of committing suicide first. Hell, he was surprised that he hadn't killed himself around January 1999. So it reminds me of the whole Elliot Rodger thing. They thought they were gods and society rejected them because they couldn't keep up with them. Of course, motives were different and I guess their mental illnesses were different, even though Elliot was depressed as well. It's easy to tell why Elliot did what he did because he explained it and left videos and stuff but Eric and Dylan left journals that don't go beyond the things they were thinking at an exact point in their lives. I guess their manifesto are the Basement Tapes but, y'know, we don't have them Rolling Eyes

Lizpuff wrote:
Did Elliot ever talk about Columbine? I don't remember scratch It's understandable why though, I guess Eric was more explicit than Dylan

It is not in his manifesto but I recall reading about him talking about it once. Cant remember where

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 12:18 pm

SavageGlocker wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

Oh my fuck I've miscalculated quite badly. Chalk it up to not sleeping I guess. Embarassed Smile

bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 1:43 pm

icanmakeuhappy wrote:
SavageGlocker wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

Screamingophelia wrote:

Lizpuff wrote:
Dylan did have a priviledged life though. The Klebolds weren't poor by any means. You're right though, Dylan wasn't autistic. Elliot had aspergers which is what I have. I like that term better than autistic.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80522
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 4:31 pm

I think they had similar motives, yeah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 4:35 pm

Eric Harris is more like Elliot Rodger in terms of being 100% serious with their grandiose, narcissistic, and racist beliefs. Even though Dylan Klebold was known for saying the n-word during the shooting to a black victim, I just think that was edge considering how he never mentions any explicitly racist stuff in his journal, unlike Eric.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?   Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?
Page 1 of 1