Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan Klebold's "car accident"

Go down 
+6
Sabratha
em81
rik75
Moseley
JayJay
queenfarooq
10 posters
AuthorMessage
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 103187
Forum Reputation : 10

Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Empty
PostSubject: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:53 pm

This was a topic on SCMRPG and then moved to SBB and i thought i would bring it over here as some may find it interesting / may not have heard about the incident before. In summary, approximately 3 months prior to the massacre Eric and Dylan were in the senior parking lot in Dylans car. Jennifer Ellen Paavilainen and Amanda Semm were also driving in the senior parking lot and while driving Semm's car hit Dylan's.
Jennifer Ellen Paavilainen recounts the story in her 11k interview on pg(6977) however Amanda Semm does not mention the incident pg(7153). On a side not both girls were included in the 'Student and Faculty Not on Location' list on the day of the shooting.

Paavilainen statement says:
"In january 1999, Paavilainen and her friend, Amanda Semm, were involved in a minor car accident with Klebold and Harris. Semm clipped Klebold's BMW on the left rear fender while in the school parking lot. Klebold got out and said not to worry because the car had been hit before. There was no damage to her friend's car. Harris then got out of the passenger side of Klebold's car and was angry. Klebold ordered Harris to get back in the car, which he did. Klebold then got back in the car and  drove off."

Additionally Amanda Semm was a member on SBB for a short space of time in 2009 and answered some questions regarding the incident. I quoted the original poster, as I did not write this:

Rainwater wrote:
"In January/February 99 I was in the senior lot (for what reason i can not remember) I saw an open parking space and i was going to pull in and a black car came out of nowhere and i clipped the left side of the rear bumper. I got out of my car in tears thinking "that's it my mom is gonna take away my car" (I had just got my license 2-3 months prior to that) the driver of the car got out and told me "its ok the other side has been hit many times you just evened it out", the passenger however was not as thrilled. It wasn't till I was watching the news when they were towing Dylan's car out of the lot that I knew who I hit. Other than that I don't recall talking or even seeing the two."

When asked to give further details:

"I was in tears and kept apologizing over and over and over I told him I had insurance and I could file a report, it was my fault and that is when I was told it wasn't a big deal the car had been hit so many times on the other side I evened it out. I started to calm down.

Then the passenger door opened and Eric started yelling at me, something along the lines of I was a stupid bitch, why wasn't I paying attention to where I was going (I honestly do not remember all of it) I thought for sure he was gonna send his girlfriend to kick my ass or something. (I am a 5'7 109 pound girl most people think they can take me on, I couldn't believe he was so mad and it wasn't even his car) Dylan told him to get back in the car and they took off. I didn't see them again till the news.

The thing is I was paying attention, I had just learned to drive my car (manual) so hopping into a parking space wasn't a new site for people to see from me. They were flying thru the parking lot. I checked my right then my left and started to pull foward and BAM there was a ass end of a car....(he came from the right)
I was thankful that he did not want to file a report. I didn't want my mother to take away my car. I am pretty sure that is one of the first times I was allowed to drive it to school after getting my license 3 months prior. I thought Eric was a jerk....but anyone who gets that mad for something that can be handled in a civilized manner puts off that image."
I remember there was discussion in the original thread about how this incident (if it happened this way) supports evidence that Dylan wasn't some meek follower, as here is an incident where he is telling Eric what to do and Eric does what he says. However again if this is an accurate description of what happened it certainly shows Eric in a negative light as far as his issues with anger are concerned.
Also..girlfriend?? Brenda Parker maybe? Rolling Eyes

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 97739
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:14 pm

Probably thought of sending his girlfriend Arlene after her. (As in ''Bang! Bang!'')

Only girl he had.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:46 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
This was a topic on SCMRPG and then moved to SBB and i thought i would bring it over here as some may find it interesting / may not have heard about the incident before. In summary, approximately 3 months prior to the massacre Eric and Dylan were in the senior parking lot in Dylans car. Jennifer Ellen Paavilainen and Amanda Semm were also driving in the senior parking lot and while driving Semm's car hit Dylan's.
Jennifer Ellen Paavilainen recounts the story in her 11k interview on pg(6977) however Amanda Semm does not mention the incident pg(7153). On a side not both girls were included in the 'Student and Faculty Not on Location' list on the day of the shooting.

"In january 1999, Paavilainen and her friend, Amanda Semm, were involved in a minor car accident with Klebold and Harris. Semm clipped Klebold's BMW on the left rear fender while in the school parking lot. Klebold got out and said not to worry because the car had been hit before. There was no damage to her friend's car. Harris then got out of the passenger side of Klebold's car and was angry. Klebold ordered Harris to get back in the car, which he did. Klebold then got back in the car and  drove off."

Additionally Amanda Semm was a member on SBB for a short space of time in 2009 and answered some questions regarding the incident. I quoted the original poster, as I did not write this:

Rainwater wrote:
"In January/February 99 I was in the senior lot (for what reason i can not remember) I saw an open parking space and i was going to pull in and a black car came out of nowhere and i clipped the left side of the rear bumper. I got out of my car in tears thinking "that's it my mom is gonna take away my car" (I had just got my license 2-3 months prior to that) the driver of the car got out and told me "its ok the other side has been hit many times you just evened it out", the passenger however was not as thrilled. It wasn't till I was watching the news when they were towing Dylan's car out of the lot that I knew who I hit. Other than that I don't recall talking or even seeing the two."

"I was in tears and kept apologizing over and over and over I told him I had insurance and I could file a report, it was my fault and that is when I was told it wasn't a big deal the car had been hit so many times on the other side I evened it out. I started to calm down.

Then the passenger door opened and Eric started yelling at me, something along the lines of I was a stupid bitch, why wasn't I paying attention to where I was going (I honestly do not remember all of it) I thought for sure he was gonna send his girlfriend to kick my ass or something. (I am a 5'7 109 pound girl most people think they can take me on, I couldn't believe he was so mad and it wasn't even his car) Dylan told him to get back in the car and they took off. I didn't see them again till the news.

The thing is I was paying attention, I had just learned to drive my car (manual) so hopping into a parking space wasn't a new site for people to see from me. They were flying thru the parking lot. I checked my right then my left and started to pull foward and BAM there was a ass end of a car....(he came from the right)
I was thankful that he did not want to file a report. I didn't want my mother to take away my car. I am pretty sure that is one of the first times I was allowed to drive it to school after getting my license 3 months prior. I thought Eric was a jerk....but anyone who gets that mad for something that can be handled in a civilized manner puts off that image."
I remember there was discussion in the original thread about how this incident (if it happened this way) supports evidence that Dylan wasn't some meek follower, as here is an incident where he is telling Eric what to do and Eric does what he says. However again if this is an accurate description of what happened it certainly shows Eric in a negative light as far as his issues with anger are concerned.
Wow. Thanks for the find.  I knew about this incident from Paavilainen's 11K account but Amanda's details on the old forum (I didn't know she stopped by on it!) really helps to round out the picture.  It's interesting to see that Dylan had his limitations and boundaries and didn't always assume his best friend's attitude.  He tried to minimize the situation essentially saying 'it's ok, my car is a piece of shit anyway') since the girl's reaction was so apologetic and overwrought.  Interesting to note that the two did not like Paavilainen's brother.  I'm a little hazy but seem to recall he was one of their hit lists.
Back to top Go down
Moseley

Contribution Points : 96707

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 4:04 pm

If I didn't know anything about the two, I'd presume Dylan would be the leader, because he's really tall and could have dominated Eric. But also I reckon Dylan knew Eric's short fuse and wanted to diffuse the situation.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 4:56 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Wow. Thanks for the find.  I knew about this incident from Paavilainen's 11K account but Amanda's details on the old forum (I didn't know she stopped by on it!) really helps to round out the picture.  It's interesting to see that Dylan had his limitations and boundaries and didn't always assume his best friend's attitude.  He tried to minimize the situation essentially saying 'it's ok, my car is a piece of shit anyway') since the girl's reaction was so apologetic and overwrought.  Interesting to note that the two did not like Paavilainen's brother.  I'm a little hazy but seem to recall he was one of their hit lists.
I agree with what you say here. I know it is just one incident but the reactions of both Eric and Dylan are very interesting. If the incident happened exactly as described I wonder if Dylan said anything to Eric afterwards, or if Eric's little "flip outs" were nothing new to Dylan.

You're right it would seem that Mike Paavilainen was on Dylan's list. I didn't just know this I read it in sororityalpha's thread here Smile : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mike is listed on the 'Student and Faculty not on Location' list in the Master Index but I can't seem to locate his interview anywhere Question There is also reference to another sister by the name of Renee Paavilainen in Jennifer's statement pg(6977). Renee's interview begins on pg(4004) in the 'Cafeteria Witness' section. Random tidbit but Renee says that she and a group of people (including Dusty Hoffschneider) ran into a room behind the serving line on the east side of the cafeteria just after the shooting broke out. Says she does not know Harris or Klebold but does know their associate Brooks Brown pg(4006).  
I know this is going off topic but i got a bit carried away and thought this was interesting Smile 
Their mother Kathy Paavilainen is also interviewed in the 'Non Columbine Witness' section of the 11k starting on pg(7647). Kathy was responsible for setting up an After Prom on 4/17 and 4/18, she says she was at CHS between the early hours of 4/17 and left after 6:00 a.m on 4/18. At approximately 23:15 she was notified by another worker that there were two males attempting to enter the school by the locked doors. The school was due to be open between 00:30 and 05:30, once students left they would not be able to return, students were also required to use only the main entrance. She also believed that at approximately 02:15 on 4/18 the same two individuals had tried to get into the school by a locked door.
She was also told by an individual (Linda Raffel) who worked at After Prom that she had seen a propane tank in the cafeteria freezer on Saturday and thought this was odd that the tank was in the freezer. Kathy Paavilainen said Dylan Klebold was at After Prom with an individual with green hair.
Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 97868
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 5:36 pm

queenfarooq wrote:

Rainwater wrote:

I wonder how Eric would have reacted if a guy was driving instead of Amanda? Would he have been a jerk? I reckon Eric wouldn't have said a word. Its easy to intimidate a frightened girl. I guess Dylan wasn't in the mood for trouble ,unlike Eric.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:51 pm

queenfarooq wrote:

I agree with what you say here. I know it is just one incident but the reactions of both Eric and Dylan are very interesting. If the incident happened exactly as described I wonder if Dylan said anything to Eric afterwards, or if Eric's little "flip outs" were nothing new to Dylan.

You're right it would seem that Mike Paavilainen was on Dylan's list. I didn't just know this I read it in sororityalpha's thread here Smile : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mike is listed on the 'Student and Faculty not on Location' list in the Master Index but I can't seem to locate his interview anywhere Question
A-ha. Thought so.  Interesting that Mike P. is only on Dylan's list.  I wonder what the story is and how he ended up on his list but not Eric's.

Also, just as a side-note, I looked up Amanda Semm in the '99 yearbook and she is in a photo with a group of girls that appear to be cheerleaders.  Truth?  Wonder if Eric knew this and automatically knee jerked into douche bag mode.  

queenfarooq wrote:

I know this is going off topic but i got a bit carried away and thought this was interesting Smile 
Their mother Kathy Paavilainen is also interviewed in the 'Non Columbine Witness' section of the 11k starting on pg(7647). Kathy was responsible for setting up an After Prom on 4/17 and 4/18, she says she was at CHS between the early hours of 4/17 and left after 6:00 a.m on 4/18. At approximately 23:15 she was notified by another worker that there were two males attempting to enter the school by the locked doors. The school was due to be open between 00:30 and 05:30, once students left they would not be able to return, students were also required to use only the main entrance. She also believed that at approximately 02:15 on 4/18 the same two individuals had tried to get into the school by a locked door.
She was also told by an individual (Linda Raffel) who worked at After Prom that she had seen a propane tank in the cafeteria freezer on Saturday and thought this was odd that the tank was in the freezer. Kathy Paavilainen said Dylan Klebold was at After Prom with an individual with green hair.
Slightly off topic but I love going down the paths of all those meandering connections!  I recall reading Kathy Paavilainen's account during the After Prom and the two individuals attempting to break in to restricted areas.  She strikes me as a dutiful PTA, soccer mom type.  

The propane tank in the freezer seems like a bizarre thing that adults probably saw and thought 'hm, that's weird' and didn't think anything more of it. When I read that bit I couldn't help but wonder whether a propane tank in a freezer is a no-no - as in- dangerous?

Also, do we know who the green hair kid s that Dylan hung out with?
Back to top Go down
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:56 pm

[quote="InFiNiNcEX5"]
queenfarooq wrote:

Didn't Brooks Brown have green hair at some point and other eccentric hair colors and dos?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:17 am

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

queenfarooq wrote:
Didn't Brooks Brown have green hair at some point and other eccentric hair colors and dos?
I considered that.. though, Brooks did not attend the prom as he had broken up with his girlfriend just prior. However, perhaps he attended the After prom?  I don't recall reading anything in the 11K that alluded it was Brooks.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:10 am

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

A-ha. Thought so.  Interesting that Mike P. is only on Dylan's list.  I wonder what the story is and how he ended up on his list but not Eric's

Also, just as a side-note, I looked up Amanda Semm in the '99 yearbook and she is in a photo with a group of girls that appear to be cheerleaders. Truth?  Wonder if Eric knew this and automatically knee jerked into douche bag mode.  

Slightly off topic but I love going down the paths of all those meandering connections!  I recall reading Kathy Paavilainen's account during the After Prom and the two individuals attempting to break in to restricted areas.  She strikes me as a dutiful PTA, soccer mom type.  

The propane tank in the freezer seems like a bizarre thing that adults probably saw and thought 'hm, that's weird' and didn't think anything more of it. When I read that bit I couldn't help but wonder whether a propane tank in a freezer is a no-no - as in- dangerous?

I also enjoy going down the paths of all these meandering connections as you put it. It is interesting that he is on Dylan's list and not Eric's, but it seems perhaps Paavilainen had slightly more of a connection to Dylan than to Eric. Michael Paavilainen is on the class roster for the Bowling Class Eric and Dylan were in pg(10123). He was on a bowling team with Edward Olsen, Kristi Held and Carrie Sabey. Edward (Eddie) Olsen told IO that he is in the same bowling class as Eric and Dylan and that on 4/20 his "class" (i guess this means team) was supposed to bowl against the "class" containing Eric. Dylan, Nate Dykeman and Chris Morris. Olsen also has Calculus class with Dylan pg(2086). Carrie Sabey says her team were supposed to bowl against Eric and Dylan's team on 4/20 but they were absent. Sabey added that E/D were very animated bowlers and would "shot-put" the ball and roundhouse/ softball pitch the ball. She says they would also make a "Heil Hitler" salute after bowling a strike pg(2150). Kristi Held confirms her team were supposed to bowl against Eric and Dylan's team on 4/20. She knew Eric, Dylan, Nate and Chris by name and sight pg(1921). They also reportedly mention in the basement tapes "how each individual in the bowling class has a designated culture group to use as a target on the bowling pins to kill, and that this helps them bowl better." (I took the quote from acolumbinesite:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

There is information about Mike P in the 'Supplemental Reports' which  i didn't notice this at a first glance. He identify's himself as a senior at CHS. He says he knows both Harris and Klebold and had last seen them on Monday in bowling class. Mike P does say he heard from David Deidel that Brian Sargent  made a suspicious statement in Deidel's presence, that Dylan was trying to get out of the shooting before it happened. When Mike was informed by IO that he and several other students "were not well liked by either Eric or Dylan." He said he didn't know why this would be as he had little or no contact with either of them. He had never had a class with them until this year.  Mike added his bowling team bowled against Eric and Dylan's team twice before and beat them on both occasions. Mike says he only ever spoke to Chris Morris and this was small talk. He added that Eric bowled "unusual" and would chest pass the ball and if he got a strike would do a "Hail Hitler" salute, other kids teased Eric about this but Mike says he never did. He says Eric and Dylan got teased a lot less this year than last, the group of jocks that teased E/D last year had graduated. Mike identified himself as a jock, he played baseball for four years. pg(16417- 16418)

I know this has gone way off topic now so i may as well continue. Kathy Paavilainen also mentioned that on the Saturday afternoon a kid was trying to get into the school to access his locker. She told him no, but he returned later denying that he was the same kid as before. Of the two kids she saw trying to get into the school one was wearing a yellow coat. The guy with the green hair at After Prom reportedly was also wearing black leather and she says "he had no reason to be there." Dylan was also talking to two girls wearing dark make-up at the After Prom pg(7650 -1) So perhaps the green haired kid wasn't a member of CHS, just based on the comment "he had no reason to be there."
Carol Knapki volunteered at the After Prom event and says she did not see E/D and does not know them. She did say that Kathy Paavilainen told her of a suspicious incident where some kids were trying to enter the school through another door. One had on a yellow jacket, but she doesn't think either was E/D. When she was outside a man walked passed the weight room which she describes as "odd" pg(7526). It looks like Kathy Paavilainen was contacted more than once and she is mentioned on several pages.
Judy Dierken who was in charge of the food court said at around 11:15 herself and Linda Reffel went to the freezer and saw a propane tank with a tray of Pepsi cups with ice setting on the tank. (If she had said Dr Pepper I would say we definitely had a lead ;) ). There was a four wheel push cart next to the tank. She wondered what it was doing there and thought it may be to blow up balloons for the party. Upon seeing a picture of the tank found in the cafeteria on 4/20 she says it was the same as the one she saw at After Prom. She saw Dylan talking to someone with green hair pg(7478-9).
There was a tank used to blow up balloons for the After Prom but it was placed in the trunk of a car after the balloons were blown up, so it was not left in the school pg(7655) I thought I would add that as there seems to be lots of questions by IO about this propane tank in the freezer. (Maybe someone would like to start a new thread about it).

It is possible as you mention that Eric may have been aware that Semm was part of the cheerleader group. I haven't come across any evidence that would suggest Eric had anything against either of these two girls. So maybe he did just rant at them for some other reason, it certainly appears to be a huge overreaction, specifically if he did refer to Semm as a "stupid bitch" or something similar.
I find it interesting if the incident happened the way Semm describes it. I don't think by any means it is undeniable proof that Eric always had these types of outbursts or that Dylan was always passive. The fact the incident happened just three months before the massacre is also a point that interested me, as i wonder if this had any effect on the way either reacted. Maybe Eric didn't really care anymore or maybe Dylan didn't care about his car too much anymore.
Back to top Go down
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 8:06 am

The statement from Mike Paavilainen tickles me. I'm reading those ''Supplementary Reports'' (pp.16,395-16,695) now to see what else it says. Not much else, is what (unless someone can point me the right way?).

Says the report (pp.23/303 of that section of the SP) that queenfarooq already pointed at: ''Paavilainen heard from David Deidel that Brian Sargent made a suspicious statement in Deidel's presence. Sargent said that Dylan Klebold was trying to get out of the shooting before it happened. The statement was made at some time since returning to school at Chatfield High.''

I've read on this board before something about Dylan having been seen making a call from public phones near the school, calling in about the bombs, something that has been dismissed as a false report.

Is there any other occurrences of ''Dylan wanting to get out'' of the shooting according to reports? Or maybe that Mike P statement is described more in another section? If someone else, a third party (or a fourth, etc.) knows beforehand that Dylan wants to get out, then that party knows that something huge is being prepared, no? That involves other people outside of E & D.

Which brings me to more stuff in those Supplementary Reports (might as well, while I'm reading):

''Melissa [ someone described as a ''mall rat'' ]  said she met Eric and Dylan at the ''Fun Plax'' at Coal Mine Rd. and Wadsworth about 6 mo. ago and they showed her a map of some school she did not know if it was Columbine or not. She said the map had X's placed on it to show where to place the bombs. [ ... ] Melissa said Eric and Dylan were with 4 other males that she did not know.'' (p. 46/302 of the Supplementary Reports, pp.16, 395-16, 695).

Wow. So she allegedly saw that map, maybe even the same map Eric was drawing in the commons and looking at and trying to hide when a fellow student tried to grab it in play. And there were some guys with them. So these guys must have been aware of the map, right? If they were, was it all just a fun game to them or what?

Then, a few pages later (p.49/302), this: ''Jennifer Hamon said that while she and boyfriend Reffel IV were coming back from lunch (on 4/20), they noticed Nate in line'' (in his truck) [... ] Reffel said he heard Nate say: ''Oh my God! I can't believe they did it today!''

Excuse me while I morph into a Conspiracy Theorist right now (too-doo-dooo-doo *theme from The Twilight Zone*) Shocked

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 102049
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:07 am

They questioned Brian Sargent. And it was only a rumor, I remember.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 3:39 pm

JayJay wrote:
Probably thought of sending his girlfriend Arlene after her. (As in ''Bang! Bang!'')

Only girl he had.

You rang?
Back to top Go down
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 8:55 am

ArleneSanders wrote:
JayJay wrote:

Only girl he had.
You rang?
If you're Eric's gun, yes.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Quote :
I know it is just one incident but the reactions of both Eric and Dylan are very interesting. If the incident happened exactly as described I wonder if Dylan said anything to Eric afterwards, or if Eric's little "flip outs" were nothing new to Dylan.
I imagine it's more of the latter.
There's this kid in my class who sometimes gets into arguments with our teacher; last time it happened and he walked out, she told the class, "Sorry about that, guys," his best friend replied, "Can't say I'm not used to it."

I also imagine that, after Eric and Dylan took off, they just sat there in awkward silence like Mia Wallace and Vince Vega did after Mia's life was saved in Pulp Fiction.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98705
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 6:29 pm

queenfarooq wrote:

I *think* it was me who started that thread. It was a minor event, but important in that it showed that Eric-Dylan was not a strict follower-leader relationship. That was pretty much my argument: Eric explodes, gets out of the car and shouts expletives, but Dylan takes control of the situation, tells Eric to get back in the car and Eric does what he says.

Eric was well known for his bad temper, this event just confirm that part. I think this piece of info is also worthwile because its coming from a 3rd party source talking to the police. Not someone writing a book to sell or making a paid TV appearance with an agenda behind it etc.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92831
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 8:40 am

"Harris then got out of the passenger side of Klebold's car and was angry. Klebold ordered Harris to get back in the car, which he did. "

I imagine how it went.
Dylan was like :"get in the car young man! "
Eric liked being the tough guy but in reality he was still a kid.
I swear Dylan is Eric's dad

Last edited by Rebbie556 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:48 am; edited 3 times in total

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 8:43 am

Rebbie556 wrote:
"Harris then got out of the passenger side of Klebold's car and was angry. Klebold ordered Harris to get back in the car, which he did. "

I imagine how it went.

I would think it went somewhere along the lines of "Fine that bitch hit your car not mine" as he slammed the door super hard. Haha
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 8:49 am

"Fine that bitch hit your car not mine"
I wonder how it would be if it was his car...

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 8:56 am

[quote="Rebbie556"]"Fine that bitch hit your car not mine"

I wonder how it would be if it was his car... [/quote

HMM, interesting question. Eric liked his car. So the girl probably would have felt very threatened by his response. Eric would have likely postured like an overly aggressive Alpha. Lots of loud swearing, and stomping around gesturing to the damage. Possibly commenting on how much it would cost to have it fixed, etc.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 194046
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 9:20 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:

HMM, interesting question. Eric liked his car. So the girl probably would have felt very threatened by his response. Eric would have likely postured like an overly aggressive Alpha. Lots of loud swearing, and stomping around gesturing to the damage. Possibly commenting on how much it would cost to have it fixed, etc.

I agree. Especially since we know how he is if someone just bumped into him. I also wonder if his parents were strict about his belongings and if they would’ve gotten mad at him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:

I agree. Especially since we know how he is if someone just bumped into him. I also wonder if his parents were strict about his belongings and if they would’ve gotten mad at him

I do think Wayne was a strict parent. I would guess Eric would have lost his car for a while if the accident had been his fault.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 10:47 am

His car was signatured under Wayne.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 121178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:

If he knew the person I expect the result would be a Rebel Mission on that person's house.

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 4:56 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:

If he knew the person I expect the result would be a Rebel Mission on that person's house.

No doubt! Eggs,TP, the works. Haha
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 66919
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 5:43 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:

I feel like by that point they were more concerned about keeping a low profile. By January, they already had their guns and were well into the production of the explosives. After the two drove off, Dylan may have said something to the effect of "Its not worth it, they'll all pay soon enough." As far as if it had been Eric's car instead of Dylan's. Eric might be pissed off initially because he knew his parents would give him a hard time about it, But I don't think he would've been too upset about cosmetic damage to his car. By then, he figured his car was going to be nothing more than a burned-out shell in a few months anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 66919
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 5:46 pm

Maybe to feel better, Eric would have gone home and updated his "You Know What I Hate!" list to include "stuck up bitches who don't know how to drive"

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 6:26 pm

Jollyhelpful wrote:
Maybe to feel better, Eric would have gone home and updated his "You Know What I Hate!" list to include "stuck up bitches who don't know how to drive"

Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 194046
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 12:59 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jollyhelpful wrote:

Haha

“Dammit Dylan, you don’t care about any of your belongings! Not even your car. That’s why I hold all the guns at my house now! “

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 9:45 pm

The comments about the propane tank are interesting. If it truly is the same tank, as the woman claims, how did E&D get it in the fridge? (And also why??) How and when did they get it out to use for the shooting? It's a very short time span between when the tank was in the fridge and the shooting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Klebold's "car accident"    Dylan Klebold's "car accident"  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan Klebold's "car accident"
Page 1 of 1