Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92192
Forum Reputation : 575

6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower Empty
PostSubject: 6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower   6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 4:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Authorities said six people, including two children, were wounded when two men opened fire Saturday at a baby shower outside of a home on the South Side of Chicago.

About 20 children were playing outside when the gunmen opened fire. The two wounded children are in stable condition as of Sunday afternoon.

Chicago police said the attack may have been in retaliation for an earlier incident that stemmed from an ongoing gang conflict.

Police reportedly have no suspects in custody as the investigation continues, the Chicago Tribune reported.

Authorities say two children were among six people who were wounded when two men opened fire on a baby shower outside of a home on the South Side of Chicago.
About 20 children were playing outside Saturday evening in the West Englewood neighborhood when the gunmen opened fire, sending the children running for cover. #

An 8-year-old boy was shot in the chest and back, and a 10-year-old girl was shot in the shin. Police said both are in stable condition.

Three men ranging in age from 23 to 48 years old and a 29-year-old woman were also wounded. The woman is in critical condition and the two younger men are in stable condition. The condition of the oldest man is unknown.

Police said the attackers fled on foot and that the attack may have been in retaliation for an earlier incident that stemmed from an ongoing gang conflict.

Richard Nix, whose oldest grandson was having the baby shower, told the Chicago Tribune that the children rushed inside and started piling on top of one another.

"We were trying to pick the kids up, get the kids out of the way … they were going to get crushed," Nix told the paper. "It wasn't nothing but kids in front of the house, sitting on the porch. They was just playing, and the shooting went off."

The paper reported that as of Sunday afternoon, police said they had no suspects in custody.

"The ones that were doing the shooting, none of them get shot," Nix said. "It's just all the innocent people."

Seems like gang violence and not a traditional mass shooting, has there been one in America yet?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower   6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 5:20 pm

I didn't know gang retaliation could be against children, or maybe they targeted one of the adults there?
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower   6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 5:54 pm

Neah wrote:
I didn't know gang retaliation could be against children, or maybe they targeted one of the adults there?
It probably was, gangs only care about killing their intended target no matter what so I doubt they care if little kids get in the way.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66644
Forum Reputation : 248

PostSubject: Re: 6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower   6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 8:30 pm

Any confirmed deaths as of now?

PostSubject: Re: 6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower   6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 8:35 pm

School Massacre Archives wrote:
I don't think so, and since this is most likely gang related, It's not going to get media attention apart from the first initial reports.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower   6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 10:06 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
School Massacre Archives wrote:
I don't think so, and since this is most likely gang related, It's not going to get media attention apart from the first initial reports.

Although there must be an investigation by the police, I can't blame the medias for not talking about it given that I am personally not interested in gang related shootings either. Medias should tell the facts, but we know they want to sell, so they tell what interest people, at least when they are not trying to manipulate them.
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 43079
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: 6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower   6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 10:29 am

Gangbangers.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower   6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6 people shot including 2 children at a baby shower
Page 1 of 1