Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Songs that remind you of Columbine.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
perpetual state



Posts : 113
Join date : 2014-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri May 16, 2014 11:02 pm

the song videotape by radiohead reminds me of columbine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know why but the song seems so fitting.
Back to top Go down
chachernov



Posts : 62
Join date : 2014-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Wed May 28, 2014 4:25 pm

killing in the name - Rage against the machine
Back to top Go down
nullvoidneuro



Posts : 9
Join date : 2014-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:28 pm

Even though they hated rap music, two songs that always remind me of E&D are "Yonkers" and "Radicals" by Tyler the Creator.

Particulars from Yonkers:
"I'm a fuckin' walkin' paradox -- no I'm not."

"Shut the fuck up, here's the number to my therapist
You can tell him all your problems, he's fuckin' awesome a listening."

"Jesus called, he said he's sick of the disses
I told him to quit bitchin', this ain't a fuckin' hotline."

"(Fuck everything, man) That's what my conscience said
Then it bunny hopped off my shoulder, now my conscience is dead
Now the only guidance that I had is splattered on cement
Actions speak louder than words, let me try this shit -- dead"

It reminds me of the workings of their minds for some reason.

And, the more obvious "Radicals:"

"Kill people, burn shit, fuck school.
Kill people, burn shit, fuck school.
Kill people, burn shit, fuck school.
Kill people, burn shit, fuck school.

I'm fuckin' radical, I'm motherfuckin' radical
I'm fuckin' radical, I'm motherfuckin' radical."

Tyler the Creator also made a Tweet saying something to the effect of "R.I.P. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold" and said in an interview that he would have liked to have known them. Probably all for shock value, though.
Back to top Go down
perpetual state



Posts : 113
Join date : 2014-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:19 pm

This song is also very fitting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
cal_hates_you



Posts : 31
Join date : 2014-06-20
Location : hell

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:18 pm

i have a list of songs. some probably fit in a more... abstract way. but oh well.

COMA CINEMA - Lee (Columbine High Harmony)
COMA CINEMA - Blue Suicide
ELVIS DEPRESSEDLY - I Bought A Gun
ELVIS DEPRESSEDLY - Hurt Everything
JULIA BROWN - Library
PILL FRIENDS - Wearing My Dead Dog's Skin
TEEN SUICIDE - xxxxxxx

you know that i should see you soon
cause soon i won't be able to
if things keep going on like this
i don't even dream anymore
because my dreams are coming true

_________________
our ugly symmetry
meant everything to me
but after all this time
it's come to mean nothing
Back to top Go down
phone_call_from_god



Posts : 21
Join date : 2014-06-28
Location : Walter White's mobile meth lab

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:45 am

There's a few songs that remind me of Columbine.

Devil's Night - Motionless In White
I Can Do Anything - 3OH!3
Chasing Ghosts - The Amity Affliction
Screaming - Get Scared
Social Suicide - Vampires Everywhere!

_________________
"Burning on, just like a match, you strike to incinerate the lives of everyone you know."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:01 am

@nullvoidneuro wrote:
Even though they hated rap music, two songs that always remind me of E&D are "Yonkers" and "Radicals" by Tyler the Creator.

Particulars from Yonkers:
"I'm a fuckin' walkin' paradox -- no I'm not."

"Shut the fuck up, here's the number to my therapist
You can tell him all your problems, he's fuckin' awesome a listening."

"Jesus called, he said he's sick of the disses
I told him to quit bitchin', this ain't a fuckin' hotline."

"(Fuck everything, man) That's what my conscience said
Then it bunny hopped off my shoulder, now my conscience is dead
Now the only guidance that I had is splattered on cement
Actions speak louder than words, let me try this shit -- dead"

It reminds me of the workings of their minds for some reason.

And, the more obvious "Radicals:"

"Kill people, burn shit, fuck school.
Kill people, burn shit, fuck school.
Kill people, burn shit, fuck school.
Kill people, burn shit, fuck school.

I'm fuckin' radical, I'm motherfuckin' radical
I'm fuckin' radical, I'm motherfuckin' radical."

Tyler the Creator also made a Tweet saying something to the effect of "R.I.P. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold" and said in an interview that he would have liked to have known them. Probably all for shock value, though.
It's weird that Dylan was quoting Tupac in his journal. Tyler respects E&D and wrote "Pigs" about them on 4/20/13 (Last year's anniversary). I think it's more genuine than shock value, though.
Back to top Go down
jettfyre80



Posts : 100
Join date : 2014-01-04
Location : SW Florida

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:48 am

The Invisible Man by 98 Degrees reminds me of Dylan.

_________________
"I'm in love with my sadness"
Back to top Go down
cal_hates_you



Posts : 31
Join date : 2014-06-20
Location : hell

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:09 am

An artist called Bones did a whole album based on the Columbine massacre. It's hard to understand his views on the event, though. The album states that it's written from three points of views (that of the victims, perpetrators, and their parents). It's really goddamn dark.

Here's a stream of the album, if anyone's interested. It's not really my cup of tea.

_________________
our ugly symmetry
meant everything to me
but after all this time
it's come to mean nothing
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan



Posts : 86
Join date : 2014-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:23 am

Thank you for this. I've never heard this before this Bones has got a couple of good songs.
Back to top Go down
819234



Posts : 50
Join date : 2014-02-18
Location : FloriDUH

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:11 am

"Natural Born Killaz" by Dr. Dre and Ice Cube
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lyrics:
Quote :
[Dr. Dre]
Journey with me
Into the mind of a maniac
Doomed to be a killer
Since I came out the nutsac
I'm in a murderous mindstate
With a heart full of terror
I see the devil in the mirror
Buck buck, lights out
'Cause when I grab my sawed-off
Niggaz get hauled off
Barrel one
Touches your motherfuckin' flesh
Barrel two
Tears your fuckin' heart out your chest
You see I'm quick to let the hammer go click
On my Tech-9 so if you try to wreck mine
Fool it's your bed time
Feel the blast from the chocolate bomber
Infrared aimed at your head
Like your name was Sarah Conner
Decapitatin' I aint hesitatin'
To put you in the funeral home
With a bullet in your dome
I'm hot like lava
You got a problem?
I got a problem solver
And his name is revolver

It's like a deadly game of freeze tag
I touch you with a .44 mag
And you're frozen inside a body bag
Nobody iller
Than this grave yard filler
Cap peeler
Cause I'm a natural born killa

[Ice Cube]
Terror illustrates my era
Now I can't hang around my momma
Cause I scare her
I want to blast motherfuckers up
It feels like I'm bustin' a nut
When I open you up
Cause your body is exposed to the midnight mist
All you weak motherfuckers give my ring a kiss
Cause I'm givin dirt naps
Comin' with them bomb ass raps
To make your lungs collapse perhaps
You never sleep
Cause evertime you doze
You catch blows to the motherfuckin' nose
Ain't seen the sun, in 66 days
Let me count the ways in a fucked up maze
I never ever ever made a ho stay
But I'm down with Dre
Like AC is down with OJ
So fuck how your livin'
I'm the unforgivin'
Psycho driven
Murdera
It's authentic
Don't panic
I can't stand it
God damn it
Scizophrenic
So fuck Charlie Manson
I'll snatch him out his truck
Hit 'em with a brick
And I'm dancin

[RBX]
Mass Murderer, Natural Born Killla,
And I don't wanna die
I don't wanna die
I don't wanna
I don't wanna die!

[Ice Cube]
I don't understand the logic in my dreams
But I understand I like the sounds of sireens
Terrified screams from the streams of Strychnine
Dumpin' on any motherfucker tryin' to trick mine
Cause punk motherfuckers wanna violate
Now they stiff and cold
And they pupils won't dilate
Its so much pain
Migraine
Headache
I can hear his bones break
He steps in the single door
Got his ass whipped with 20 lashes
Like that dude up in Singapore
So I'm'a pull a fuckin' Jeffrey Dahmer
Now I'm suicidal, just like Nirvana

[Dr. Dre]
Tic Toc
Toc Tic Toc Tic
Dr. Dre and Ice Cube on some murderin' shit
Keepin' niggaz in order
Makin' their lives shorter
Ready to slaughter
Cause to me a life aint worth a quarter or a dime
Mushroom's got my mind
Hallicinatin
Ain't no debatin'
I'm creatin' an escape
Route to be out without a doubt
Scott Free, so don't even think about tryin' to stop me
Cause I cant wait
I'm out the gate
On the for realla
A thrilla
Or a natural born killa

[Ice Cube]
Gi-Gi Gi-Gi Gaga
They call me da-da
6 million ways to murder
Choose one
Lose one soul
Bodies turn cold
Natural fright from niggaz goin' bump in the night...

Should I peel 'er ([Dre:] yeah)
Should I kill her in my iller ([Dre:] hell yeah)
Then a Natural Born Killa

Should I peel 'er ([Dre:] yeah)
Should I kill her in my iller ([Dre:] hell yeah)
Then a Natural Born Killa

Should I peel 'er ([Dre:] yeah)
Should I kill her in my iller ([Dre:] hell yeah)
Then a Natural Born Killa
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman



Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:36 pm

"America's Suitehearts" by Fall Out Boy, because it's about people who get famous and have people looking up to or crushing on them for things that really shouldn't be admired.

Also, "Sugar, We're Goin Down." Crazy at first but after I read this it made sense:

a tumblr user wrote:
“Am I more than you bargained for yet? I’ve been dying to tell you anything you wanna hear, ‘cause that’s just who I am this week.” - Eric’s POV. Everyone saw him as a relatively normal, nice kid (that’s “who [he was] that week”); maybe not to the same extent as Dylan, but still, a shooting never could have been predicted - it was more than anyone bargained for.
“Lie in the grass next to the mausoleum; I’m just a notch in your bedpost, but you’re just a line in a song.” - Both boys. They were comfortable with their own deaths. They were just a part of the surroundings at school nobody noticed much (like a nick in furniture), but school and the bullying that occured there was so significant to them they wrote pages of journals about how it shaped them - and eventually did much worse.
“Drop a heart, break a name; we’re always sleeping in and sleeping for the wrong team.” - It’s usually “drop a name”and “break a heart.” The shooting caused such a stir that at first there were a lot of bogus stories going around, like the “she said yes” story; this line relates to the twisting of stories and words. Also refers to the heartbreak and tarnished reputations caused by the shooting - Klebold’s and Harris’s families became pariahs. Ignore the homoerotic connotations of the second part - it simply relates to the fact Klebold and Harris were “weirdos” and bullied a lot, or at the very least not on the “right teams,” i.e. they weren’t athletes or otherwise popular.
“We’re going down, down in an earlier round, and sugar, we’re goin’ down swingin’.” - They died young (in an earlier round), but they died fighting to make their mark on the world, no matter how it affected other people; to “go down swinging” is a colloquialism meaning to fight for something which is either futile or a bad idea.
“I’ll be your number one with a bullet. A loaded God complex, cock it and pull it!” - Klebold and Harris made a top news story of the year using bullets; closer to the original meaning of the lyric, a bullet used to be used on Billboard charts to denote a song had risen fast in popularity, as they did in infamy. Harris, at least, has been said to have had narcissistic tendencies, and both the boys made references to being “Godlike.” As for “cock it and pull it,” the shooting made them feel like powerful gods.
“Is this more than you bargained for yet? Oh, don’t mind me, I’m watching you two from the closet, wishing to ve the friction in your jeans. Isn’t it messed up, how I’m just dying to be him?” - Dylan’s POV, self-explanatory - everyone saw him as a normal, nice kid when he was wrestling with so much, including obsessive fantasies about finding love. He acknowledged his sexual appetites were “messed up” and even apologized for them in his journal.
“Take aim at myself, take back what you said.” - Both boys’ POV. After their attack and suicides, nobody saw them simply as creepy loners anymore.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Moderator & Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 888
Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
"America's Suitehearts" by Fall Out Boy, because it's about people who get famous and have people looking up to or crushing on them for things that really shouldn't be admired.

Also, "Sugar, We're Goin Down." Crazy at first but after I read this it made sense:

a tumblr user wrote:
“Am I more than you bargained for yet? I’ve been dying to tell you anything you wanna hear, ‘cause that’s just who I am this week.” - Eric’s POV. Everyone saw him as a relatively normal, nice kid (that’s “who [he was] that week”); maybe not to the same extent as Dylan, but still, a shooting never could have been predicted - it was more than anyone bargained for.
“Lie in the grass next to the mausoleum; I’m just a notch in your bedpost, but you’re just a line in a song.” - Both boys. They were comfortable with their own deaths. They were just a part of the surroundings at school nobody noticed much (like a nick in furniture), but school and the bullying that occured there was so significant to them they wrote pages of journals about how it shaped them - and eventually did much worse.
“Drop a heart, break a name; we’re always sleeping in and sleeping for the wrong team.” - It’s usually “drop a name”and “break a heart.” The shooting caused such a stir that at first there were a lot of bogus stories going around, like the “she said yes” story; this line relates to the twisting of stories and words. Also refers to the heartbreak and tarnished reputations caused by the shooting - Klebold’s and Harris’s families became pariahs. Ignore the homoerotic connotations of the second part - it simply relates to the fact Klebold and Harris were “weirdos” and bullied a lot, or at the very least not on the “right teams,” i.e. they weren’t athletes or otherwise popular.
“We’re going down, down in an earlier round, and sugar, we’re goin’ down swingin’.” - They died young (in an earlier round), but they died fighting to make their mark on the world, no matter how it affected other people; to “go down swinging” is a colloquialism meaning to fight for something which is either futile or a bad idea.
“I’ll be your number one with a bullet. A loaded God complex, cock it and pull it!” - Klebold and Harris made a top news story of the year using bullets; closer to the original meaning of the lyric, a bullet used to be used on Billboard charts to denote a song had risen fast in popularity, as they did in infamy. Harris, at least, has been said to have had narcissistic tendencies, and both the boys made references to being “Godlike.” As for “cock it and pull it,” the shooting made them feel like powerful gods.
“Is this more than you bargained for yet? Oh, don’t mind me, I’m watching you two from the closet, wishing to ve the friction in your jeans. Isn’t it messed up, how I’m just dying to be him?” - Dylan’s POV, self-explanatory - everyone saw him as a normal, nice kid when he was wrestling with so much, including obsessive fantasies about finding love. He acknowledged his sexual appetites were “messed up” and even apologized for them in his journal.
“Take aim at myself, take back what you said.” - Both boys’ POV. After their attack and suicides, nobody saw them simply as creepy loners anymore.

I had to edit this post to remove the tumblr url.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by tfsa47090 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *Updated forum rules link.*)
Back to top Go down
cal_hates_you



Posts : 31
Join date : 2014-06-20
Location : hell

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:33 am

a tumblr user wrote:
“Lie in the grass next to the mausoleum; I’m just a notch in your bedpost, but you’re just a line in a song.” - Both boys. They were comfortable with their own deaths. They were just a part of the surroundings at school nobody noticed much (like a nick in furniture), but school and the bullying that occured there was so significant to them they wrote pages of journals about how it shaped them - and eventually did much worse.

what makes this strange is that 'another notch in your bedpost' refers to someone they've slept with - people put a notch on their bedpost for each person.
I'm not sure i quite agree with this interpretation, though - i remember liking this band a lot back when I was in fifth grade, so this is... a weird spin to put on it. My interpretations are pretty abstract too, though, so I'm not criticising you at all!

_________________
our ugly symmetry
meant everything to me
but after all this time
it's come to mean nothing
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman



Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
a tumblr user wrote:
“Lie in the grass next to the mausoleum; I’m just a notch in your bedpost, but you’re just a line in a song.” - Both boys. They were comfortable with their own deaths. They were just a part of the surroundings at school nobody noticed much (like a nick in furniture), but school and the bullying that occured there was so significant to them they wrote pages of journals about how it shaped them - and eventually did much worse.

what makes this strange is that 'another notch in your bedpost' refers to someone they've slept with - people put a notch on their bedpost for each person.
I'm not sure i quite agree with this interpretation, though - i remember liking this band a lot back when I was in fifth grade, so this is... a weird spin to put on it. My interpretations are pretty abstract too, though, so I'm not criticising you at all!

Oh, I can imagine. I think that song and Pete Wentz's work in general lends itself easily to interpretation. I used to think "Sugar, We're Goin Down" was about a girl falling in love with a gay guy!  Razz
Back to top Go down
Venganza



Posts : 33
Join date : 2014-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:47 am

Might be kind of silly, but Stewie's "hitlist" song from Family Guy about the people he wants to kill kind of reminds me of Eric's furious rants towards things and people he found stupid and death-worthy for the most ridiculous, insignificant things.

Back to top Go down
DaisyDelRey



Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 pm

"Shy" by Sonata Arctica makes me think of Dylan



I can see how you are beautiful
Can you feel my eyes on you
I'm shy and turn my head away

Working late in diner Citylite
I see that you get home alright
Make sure that you can't see me
Hoping you will see me

Sometimes I'm wondering
Why you look me and you blink your eye
You can't be acting like my Dana?
(Can you?)

I see you in Citylite diner
Serving all those meals and then
I see reflection of me in your eye
Oh, please

Talk to me, show some pity
You touch me in many, many ways
But I'm shy can't you see

Obsessed by you, your looks
Well, anyway, "I would any day die for you"
I write on paper and erased away

Still I sit in diner Citylite
Drinking coffee and reading lies
Turn my head and I can see you
Could that really be you?

Sometimes I'm wondering
Why you look me and you blink your eye
You can't be acting like my Dana?

I see your beautiful smile
And I would like to run away from
Reflections of me in your eyes
Oh, please

Talk to me, show some pity
You touch me in many, many ways
But I'm shy, can't you see

I see, can't have you, can't leave you there
'Cause I must sometimes see you
But I don't understand how you can keep me in chains

And every waken hour
I feel you taking power from me and I can't leave
Repeating the scenery over again

Sometimes I'm wondering
Why you look me and you blink your eye
You can't be acting like my Dana?

I see your beautiful smile
And I would like to run away from
Reflections of me in your eyes
Oh, please

Talk to me, show some pity
You touch me in many, many ways
But I'm shy, can't you see, oh, baby

Talk to me, show some pity
You touch me in many, many ways
But I'm shy, can't you, I'm shy, can't you
I'm shy, can't you see


Back to top Go down
cal_hates_you



Posts : 31
Join date : 2014-06-20
Location : hell

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:21 pm

I know I mentioned it before but Julia Brown's "Library" reminds me of Columbine. I just thought I'd post the lyrics:

I was in the library
I heard your name in my ear
My friends blame ghosts
When I went outside
The sky was turning black

I saw you in the library
Even though you're two states away
My friends blame ghosts
When I went outside
It was just beginning to rain
Driving home I wondered
When you go to sleep do you dream of me?

_________________
our ugly symmetry
meant everything to me
but after all this time
it's come to mean nothing
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan



Posts : 86
Join date : 2014-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:12 am

Evanescence - Understanding
Quote :
(You hold the answer)

The pain that grips you
The fear that binds you
Releases life in me
In our mutual shame we hide our eyes
To blind them from the truth that finds a way for who we are

Please don't be afraid
When the darkness fades away
The dawn will break the silence
Screaming in our hearts

My love for you still grows
This I do for you
Before I try to fight the truth
My final time

Can't wash it all away
Can't wish it all away
Can't cry it all away
Can't scratch it all away

Lying beside you
Listening to you breathe
The light that flows inside of you
Burns inside of me

Hold and speak to me
Of love without a sound
Tell me you will live through this
And I will die for you
(I'll die for you)

Cast me not away
Say you'll be with me
For I know
I cannot bear it all alone

Can't fight it all away
Can't hope it all away
Can't scream it all away
It just won't fade away

I've tried so hard
(I have tried super hard)
Tried to be without you for so many years
No, no, no
And I have cried
(So many words I have saved for someone, for sometime)
I love you, I love you, and I want you to stay

Maybe not because of lyric but I've first heard this song when I've watched this video tribute to Eric and Dylan.

Back to top Go down
AkaReb



Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:42 am

I've got many.

Against them all - Stick to your guns
Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins
The nobodies - Marilyn Manson
Bully - Three Days Grace (First Verse)
Don't stop - Inner Party System (Very narcissistic)
Dove & Grenade - Hollywood Undead
The fight song - Marilyn Manson
In the end - Linkin Park
Kill Everyone - Hollywood Undead
Killing In the name of - Rage Against the machine
Let the bodies hit the floor - Drowning Pool
Nobody's Listening - Linkin Park
One step closer - Linkin Park
Pieces - Sum 41
Sin city - Upon a burning body
Youth of the nation (fisrt verse)

Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman



Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:01 am

"Centuries" by Fall Out Boy
Back to top Go down
henkdutank



Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:19 pm

One by One by The Calling
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Falcolus

avatar

Posts : 516
Join date : 2014-09-13
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:41 pm

"The Good Die Young" By 2Pac and The Outlaws
This songs is about all the kids and teenagers that ever died young, like Columbine.
It also mentions Columbine at the end actually, gets me every time when I hear that line.
Also its been 18 years today since 2Pac died, time flies...

_________________
*insert Columbine related quote here*
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor


Posts : 410
Join date : 2013-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I've got many.  

Against them all - Stick to your guns
Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins
The nobodies - Marilyn Manson
Bully - Three Days Grace (First Verse)
Don't stop - Inner Party System (Very narcissistic)
Dove & Grenade - Hollywood Undead
The fight song - Marilyn Manson
In the end - Linkin Park
Kill Everyone - Hollywood Undead
Killing In the name of - Rage Against the machine
Let the bodies hit the floor - Drowning Pool
Nobody's Listening - Linkin Park
One step closer - Linkin Park
Pieces - Sum 41
Sin city - Upon a burning body
Youth of the nation (fisrt verse)


Great list, I agree with many. Add '45' by Shinedown and it would be perfect. Smile
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman



Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:00 am

An odd addition to this list since it's country, but "Letter to Me" by Brad Paisley, especially for Dylan:

Brad Paisley wrote:
Oh, you've got so much going for you, going right
But I know, at seventeen it's hard to see past Friday night.

And this very touching song by Sleeping At Last, "In The Embers." I first heard it on TCM Remembers 2013. I could type the lyrics but what makes it so touching is the way it's performed: a sad, lone, earnest voice with a single piano accompanying it


Back to top Go down
VOD101

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2014-02-03
Age : 28
Location : South, UK

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:48 am

Not a song most if any of you would have heard before, it was not made for mass release you will see why if/when you watch it. I Love my dark ambient though and every time i listen to this i vision going back in time to spectate the events that unfolded that day. Its not directed at anyone in particular, more or less everyone who was involved, and the event itself which to me reflects the darkness and unsettling sounds of this song. Hope you enjoy Very Happy

P.S good to see this forum back.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

avatar

Posts : 324
Join date : 2015-02-19
Location : Off having fun somewhere

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There was a  rap song about Columbine called Anatomy of a School Shooter and it focuses mainly on Eric.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Haha this is actually not bad. But I doubt Eric would like having a rap song about himself out there lol!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:24 pm

'xxxxxxx' by Teen Suicide.

when am i coming to your school
you know that i should see you soon
before something takes me out of here
or before he takes you away again

(i woke up in the library and someone was whispering
your name directly into my ear i looked around but
i couldn't find them and when i went outside the sun
was out but soon the sky turned black and it started
to rain; my friends blame ghosts for everything)
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

avatar

Posts : 436
Join date : 2015-03-26
Age : 38
Location : NY, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:44 am

I was just listening to "Je ne regrette rien," sung by the immortal French singer Edith Piaf, and thought about Dylan and Eric, more so after reading the English translated lyrics, the last stanza specifically reminded me of something Dylan would say to his "true love."

No, nothing at all,
No, I don't regret anything!
It's been payed for,
swept (away),
Forgotten.
I don't care about the past!

With my memories
I have lit the fire!
My disappointments, my pleasures,
I no longer need them.
Swept away are the loves
with their trembling,
swept away forever!
I start again at zero.

No, nothing at all,
No, I don't regret anything!
Neither the good that's been done to me,
Nor the bad;
It's all the same to me!

No, nothing at all,
No, I don't regret anything!
Because my life,
because my joy,
today
begins with you!

_________________
"I will have a love, someone who is me in a way. Someday ... possibly thru this life, maybe another, but it will happen..."  --DK, The Book of Existences

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Dico



Posts : 24
Join date : 2015-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:22 pm

"Pardon Me"-Incubus


"No Excuses"-Alice In Chains


"Youth Of The Nation"-P.O.D
Back to top Go down
 
Songs that remind you of Columbine.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» graciella's songs
» Character Theme Songs
» Alii's songs
» songs about family?
» Songs through google translate

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: