Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What interests you about Columbine?

Go down 
+3
joebox97
Lizpuff
a broken human
7 posters
AuthorMessage
a broken human
Banned

Contribution Points : 50457
Forum Reputation : 106

What interests you about Columbine?  Empty
PostSubject: What interests you about Columbine?    What interests you about Columbine?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 6:24 am

For me, I am generally interested about how E and D viewed society before the massacre.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96399
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: What interests you about Columbine?    What interests you about Columbine?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 8:44 am

Pretty much everything interests me. The nitty gritty details. I like to speculate a lot on all the grey details that we could never possibly know. I enjoy coming here and discussing those with everyone else. The actual massacre while interesting is probably least interesting to me. I prefer the beforehand. How they handled life, what they talked about, how their home lives were etc.

joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69300
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: What interests you about Columbine?    What interests you about Columbine?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 9:43 am

From the day Eric and Dylan met in grade school to the day they were burned.

I guess anything and everything in between, possibly just due to instinctual curiosity and the fact that events like this are usually laced with lots of lies that makes the whole situation one sided. I like to study for myself and try to learn facts about the whole picture.

I really don't study other shootings this heavily though, could possibly be due to the time period (nostalgia effect since I was a teen in the 90's)

Also that there was 2 shooters, their views, their writings, lots of evidence to sift through, maybe because this is the first major school shooting and most people know about this one before others.

So many unanswered questions as well that we'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Supacocky

Supacocky

Contribution Points : 50365
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: What interests you about Columbine?    What interests you about Columbine?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 9:45 am

Personally i am really interested in the psychological aspect of Columbine. How Eric and Dylan thought and what drove them. How they constructed their own little world à la folies à deux, it's very unsual to see 2 young students spiral down to this point.
Also, the amount of informations we have about this case is huge. The 11k, videos tapes, journals are feeding my curiosity. I feel like an investigator sometimes.
Finally, as weird as this sound, i think the whole "easthetic" of columbine participate in the interest around it. The videos tapes straight from the 90's, the clothes and musics create a kind of nostalgia if i can say.  This case is just stuck in the very final year of the end of the 90's.
Back to top Go down
arg

arg

Contribution Points : 47191
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: What interests you about Columbine?    What interests you about Columbine?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 3:40 pm

I find it pretty interesting because out of all school shooting s this is the one we remember and still talk about 20 years later and it's interesting to see why that is

corncorn

Contribution Points : 46525
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: What interests you about Columbine?    What interests you about Columbine?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 6:10 pm

It was the 9/11 for elementary school kids in the 90s.  I was in the 5th grade, my teacher wheeled out the TV, put on the news, and we watched Patrick Ireland climb out of the library window.  It was the first time I realized that the world is not a safe place.  After Columbine, school was never the same.

What interests me is everything that led up to the attack.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193457
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What interests you about Columbine?    What interests you about Columbine?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 6:18 pm

I feel like it was my 9/11 as well. I was a senior in high school and when I got home my mom had it on the news and it was just as Patrick Ireland was falling out of the window.

I was devastated and I remember when they put pictures up if Eric and Dylan they looked like kids I would’ve liked it and been friends with. My local news was reporting that they were graduates wearing swastika armband and black masks. But no they were just two boys

And I’ve said this before my mom was terrified that the trenchcoat Mafia had cells all across America just waiting to attack various high schools.

I am definitely interested in the psychology but also a lot of the ways media has changed since then and things like that.

PostSubject: Re: What interests you about Columbine?    What interests you about Columbine?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 pm

There’s so much that interests me that it’s hard to pinpoint just one area. The way two seemingly “normal” kids did what they did and the odds against them of getting caught totally outweighed the odds of it happening is amazing. I was a 16 yr old high school junior when Columbine happened. I too remember coming home and watching it on tv. Since then I have enjoyed reading books and articles about it and trying to find the discrepancies that law enforcement and the media have gotten all wrong. I have family from Aurora who still blame 100% on the parents. But here’s the thing: in 1999 parenting was so different. My parents “knew” my friends and where I was at, but I don’t think they honestly knew what we did on a day to day basis. I believe the parents “thought” they knew their sons. It shocks me how much my friends and I were like them (minus the killing of people, obviously!). But I mean the clothes they wore and the music they listened to. Heck I had journals upon journals where I poured my happiness, love, depression, and sometimes anger into. They really did fool everyone. It’s interesting to try and find the pivotal point that turned them from teens to killers. The thought of the moments before doing something like that is hard to wrap your mind around. I think just like any major event, it will always be discussed and dissected. I enjoy other people’s views on the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What interests you about Columbine?    What interests you about Columbine?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What interests you about Columbine?
Page 1 of 1