Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would he have continued?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 66117
Forum Reputation : 0

Would he have continued? Empty
PostSubject: Would he have continued?   Would he have continued? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Hey guys, not sure if this has been asked before, as I couldn't find it. But I was wondering, if the cop had shot Eric like he believed he had at the beginning of the shooting, and Eric died, do you think Dylan would have continued? Or would he have just killed himself right there? And the other way around, had Dylan been killed, would Eric have continued. Interested to know your guys' thoughts. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 71469
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: Would he have continued?   Would he have continued? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 6:22 pm

I think both boys would have panicked and fired randomly at people before committing suicide shortly after. They were a package deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would he have continued?   Would he have continued? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 6:26 pm

sympathyforEandD wrote:
I think both boys would have panicked and fired randomly at people before committing suicide shortly after. They were a package deal.

Yeah, I agree that this is the most likely scenario.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80772
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Would he have continued?   Would he have continued? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 9:43 pm

Very interested what Dylan was even doing at the time. Don't think I've seen a witness describe it.

If I had to guess, I would say Dylan would kill himself. Wanted to anyway, massacre seems in part because he's afraid to die alone, and the only person he might have cared about letting down is dead. He seemed to be more about the killing students than killing cops, so he may have entered and fired a few rounds, but he probably thought he at least killed Lance.

I think Eric was more into killing cops (I think that's why he's at the top of the stairs where he can't really shoot people fleeing the cafeteria but Dylan goes down them and could have easily, to cover Dylan's back and fight the cops from the elevated position. Not TEC-9 short range "wrath" against the students but carbine long range "natural selection" living dangerously in a firefight with police.)  I also think Dylan was more the mastermind (why he got to shoot students and had the TEC-9 which Eric seemed to dream about, for one) and Eric the follower contra the usual story. So, if I were to guess, I think Eric would have sought revenge for his friend against police, and doubled-down on going after them until he was killed.

So in short, shortly after there would be suicide for dylan and suicide by cop for Eric given that scenario, as best I can guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would he have continued?   Would he have continued? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would he have continued?
Page 1 of 1