Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric Vs REB on 4/20

Go down 
+2
HanShotFirst
Rebbie556
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92331
Forum Reputation : 225

Eric  Vs REB on 4/20 Empty
PostSubject: Eric Vs REB on 4/20   Eric  Vs REB on 4/20 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 6:09 am

I often wonder why Eric decided not to wear his hat on 4/20. My three main theories are that:
1. He didn't want his actions to be associated with KMFDM.
2. He wanted his family to have it and knew wearing it would have it taken away.
3. His hat was a part of his identity before NBK, the last shred of "Eric", and had no place on that day.

"That’s when I noticed Eric wasn’t wearing his hat. A pretty small detail, I suppose; he was wearing his usual attire of black pants and a white T-shirt, so everything else seemed normal. But Eric always wore his hat. Always."
- Brooks Brown No easy answers
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64637
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: Eric Vs REB on 4/20   Eric  Vs REB on 4/20 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 6:53 am

Could be. Could also be as simple as him just forgetting it during all the last minute running around and preparations that day.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LadyStardust

LadyStardust

Contribution Points : 51642
Forum Reputation : 387

PostSubject: Re: Eric Vs REB on 4/20   Eric  Vs REB on 4/20 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 7:19 am

Maybe he thought it didn’t go with his military look (his aesthetic). His outfit was pretty planned out and the hat is not on his drawings. Or maybe he thought it would get in the way? He didn’t have hair that needed to be held back like Dylan did.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193532
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Eric Vs REB on 4/20   Eric  Vs REB on 4/20 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 7:44 am

HanShotFirst wrote:
Could be. Could also be as simple as him just forgetting it during all the last minute running around and preparations that day.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t his balaclava found outside? He may have been thinking he’d wear that then decided against it. Both of them discarded their coats at a certain point too..

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96474
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Eric Vs REB on 4/20   Eric  Vs REB on 4/20 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 8:48 am

I always thought it would be in the way as PP said. Dylan turned his backwards but the bill of a forward facing hat could get in the way I suppose

thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 83057
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Eric Vs REB on 4/20   Eric  Vs REB on 4/20 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 8:54 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t his balaclava found outside? He may have been thinking he’d wear that then decided  against it. Both of them discarded their coats at a certain point too..
Yes, it was.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64637
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: Eric Vs REB on 4/20   Eric  Vs REB on 4/20 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 10:38 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
HanShotFirst wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t his balaclava found outside? He may have been thinking he’d wear that then decided  against it. Both of them discarded their coats at a certain point too..

Did Dylan have one as well at one point? Or was Eric the only one who brought one and he ditched it once he realized how stupid it would look if only one of them was covering their face?

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96474
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Eric Vs REB on 4/20   Eric  Vs REB on 4/20 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 10:44 am

HanShotFirst wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
HanShotFirst wrote:

Did Dylan have one as well at one point? Or was Eric the only one who brought one and he ditched it once he realized how stupid it would look if only one of them was covering their face?

They both discussed having one. Only one was found on site and was presumed to be Eric's.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric Vs REB on 4/20   Eric  Vs REB on 4/20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric Vs REB on 4/20
Page 1 of 1