Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weird question to ask?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91306
Forum Reputation : 255

Weird question to ask? Empty
PostSubject: Weird question to ask?   Weird question to ask? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 2:23 am

This is a awkward question to ask, but I've been thinking about it. If cloning ever became used on humans, do you think Dylan and Erics parents would bring them back even though it wouldn't be exactly them, but looks exactly like them or would it not feel right to them? They would have an opportunity to raise them in a different environment and their lives would be changed for the better.

Contribution Points : 52640
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Weird question to ask?   Weird question to ask? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 3:01 am

I think it wouldn't feel right or they would choose not to. Yes, cloning someone means a probability of "fixing" anything that failed but I don't think cloning them would ever fill the emotional and mental void. It might just be like living with a stranger that just looks exactly like your deceased relative which might make some uncomfortable? Also, if cloned, the amount of hate that may come to the families and the clones themselves might be doubled, maybe even triple. The boys are mainly remembered for the massacre and so I would not be surprised if it was mainly negative reactions (e.g threats) from others.

I'm sure after the massacre, the Harrises and Klebolds' would've wondered what they could've done differently or how they could've stopped it. In addition, if cloned, I think their lives could've changed or it could've gone down the same/similar path as it did 20 years ago. Although they're addressed a lot more and better now; bullying and mental health are still pretty badly handled in some areas but more successfully cared for in others
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Weird question to ask?   Weird question to ask? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 8:39 am

I don't think they would. It has been 20 years since they have seen their sons. And you are right in that any clone would not be the boys they knew and loved. Plus both sets of parents are older and the Klebolds are divorced. I don't think they want to raise more kids

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193507
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Weird question to ask?   Weird question to ask? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 9:00 am

Cloning them wouldn't change what happened either.

I always thought it would be interesting to know how they would fare during this time. Would they have gotten help? From what I understand, even if they lived in Littleton/Denver area, the climate has changed a bit, so it would have been more inclusive, would that have helped any?

They also would have had a completely different group of friends and influences, but I don't think any of Eric and Dylan's friends were negative influences. Except for each other, but the Harris's thought Dylan was a good influence and while the Klebold's had their worries Dylan was able to calm their fears by having other friends and interests.

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105688
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Weird question to ask?   Weird question to ask? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Wouldn't they need their DNA to clone them?
I believe they were both cremated, so unless there is some DNA laying around in evidence still I think it's safe to say even if they wanted to they couldn't.

But no, I doubt they would want to bring them back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird question to ask?   Weird question to ask? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 3:22 pm

It's been 20 years since the shooting happened. I doubt either family would want to bring back their sons. They've moved passed wanting their children back by now, I'd venture to guess. They'll never move on from what their sons did. I'm sure it would only hurt them to bring back some weird clone of their child.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird question to ask?   Weird question to ask? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 6:04 pm

I’m gonna have to agree with the rest here. I do not think they’d want their sons back. It wouldn’t help anything. They couldn’t ask them “why” or “how come” or anything like that. A clone genetically would be your copy, but we are who we are not only because of our genetics, but also because of our environment. The things around you, the way of life, and the daily interactions you have make you the person you see right here right now. We may be able to clone people, but we will never be able to duplicate their experiences or that time period.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91306
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Weird question to ask?   Weird question to ask? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 2:14 am

Well, I mean would they still get picked on by the Rocky and Evan Todds of the world today you think since the environment has progressed a little since 1999?

Contribution Points : 52640
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Weird question to ask?   Weird question to ask? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 2:55 am

bradt93 wrote:
Well, I mean would they still get picked on by the Rocky and Evan Todds of the world today you think since the environment has progressed a little since 1999?

Well, it's hard to tell. There's a chance it could happen or it might not. If they were cloned today, different timeline means different experiences and different environment. Every factor counts in this. But if they encountered someone like Rocky, I would assume so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird question to ask?   Weird question to ask? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird question to ask?
Page 1 of 1