Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Randy Brown- still holding others accountable

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82782
Forum Reputation : 3068

Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Empty
PostSubject: Randy Brown- still holding others accountable   Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 8:52 am

I found this on another site and was able to confirm that it was written by Randy Brown.
I know there are mixed feelings about the Brown's and their behavior/ actions since Columbine. But I do admire the fact that they are still trying to make sure that people are held accountable for their mistakes and aren't going to let them re-write history.

This is an interesting story:
Columbine Fiasco at The Denver Press Club

The Denver Press Club Fiasco. April 17, 2019

On April 17th, we attended the presentation at the Denver Press Club.
We learned about it on Facebook, and bought tickets. It looked like it would be interesting. The Press Club is an interesting place. Lots of character and pillows on the couch with the First Amendment sewn into the covers. There are at least three of those pillows.
We noticed that Kevin Simpson, the writer from the Post, would be on the panel. He is an excellent reporter. Janet Reeves, the former editor from the Rocky Mountain News was going to be there, as was Jerry Bell from KOA radio. These three people had been major reporters and had in depth involvement in the coverage. They all have great reputations and credentials.
We noticed that Steve Davis was going to be on the panel. Steve Davis is the former PIO for the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department. PIO stands for Public Information Officer. We knew of him, as he had been very involved with the Columbine investigation in the early stages. We had seen him give a remark at a press conference, from very early in the chaos and confusion, making innuendos about our son. False and misleading innuendos. We also knew that he had attended the Secret Meetings at the Open Space Building, next to the Sheriff’s Office, on the day after the tragedy. The round building with 40 entrances, so that entry could be made without a crowd going in one door.
If you will remember, this is the meeting where Dave Thomas the DA, and about 15 other officials from Jeffco met, and planned, and conspired to keep information from the families of the murdered children. They met, discussed files and reports in depth, handing them around for review, and decided to withhold that information. They kept that information from the public, the attorneys, my family, and the families of the murdered children at Columbine. This lie, these lies, were kept inviolable for 5 years, when, an investigation by then Attorney General Ken Salazar exposed them to the world. Five solid years where these liars kept secret the information that would have shown the truth about the failure of Columbine.
During one of the greatest tragedies in Colorado, these people had conspired to keep the truth from the public. They conspired to lie about my family. They conspired to keep information from the families of the children murdered at Columbine. They did this to protect the Sheriff’s Department and Jefferson County and their own reputations. They did this while the rest of us were in shock and grief. They lied. They lied, and without Attorney General Ken Salazar, the lies would never have been revealed. The story of exposing the lies is far too complicated to review now, but it was revealed by one participant under questioning by investigators. (Not Steve Davis)
The revelation led to the end of Dave Thomas’ political career. It led to anger and disbelief, and created a void in trust with police departments all over the country. What a lie. What nerve. What a conspiracy of cowards.

And here we are, going to the Denver Press Club to listen to Steve Davis, long time policemen and PIO for Jeffco and other jurisdictions. Medal award winning Steve Davis, who had attended the secret meeting. What in the world can he say? What will he say?

During the presentation, he stated that he was proud of his work. That he had no regrets. That he told the truth. That he slept well at night. He said he could report what he was told, or not. It was his choice.

We listened, and grew more upset with every word. We had watched his press conference from almost 20 years ago, and listened to the incredible lies and misleading statements. We knew he had attended the Secret Meeting held the day after Columbine, and possibly the other meetings held at a different location.
When the question and answer period came we were not nice. My wife told him what he had done to our family by the lie he told about our son. She pointed at him, and then we were admonished for pointing. For pointing at him!
This man had lied to the world and has had no repercussions from that lie for the past 20 years, and we are getting scolded for pointing at him.
Then it escalated. I asked him if he had attended the secret meeting, and he said he had, even trying to be cute, by being more specific about the location of the meeting.
I had reached the limit of my control, and I spoke out of turn, and quite angrily, accusing him of being a liar and a fraud.
Attending the secret meetings is an inexcusable act when related to Columbine.
I let him know that, in no uncertain terms.
Yes I lost my temper. Yes I was angry. He had lied about me, my family, and my son, and he had lied to the parents of the victims of Columbine.

So, if you think the Columbine tragedy is all fine, and no one is upset, and the truth is known, you are probably mistaken.
Here was one of the people involved in the cover-up, who has never spoken about it publicly, and he is a featured speaker at the Denver Press Club. A speaker listened to and respected by the people in attendance. Listened to and respected by all but two of those people.
We spoke up. We informed the crowd that this man was part of the cover-up. If you can’t tell the truth at the Denver Press Club, where can you tell it. I mean, they do have those pillows with the First Amendment spelled out, sitting on their couch.

We were told to leave, and we did.
I somehow think that we will not be allowed back.
And that is their loss, not ours.
Randy Brown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown- still holding others accountable   Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 3:27 pm

I agree with you. I admire Randy's work to hold everyone accountable for the events that happened right after and leading up to the shooting. It's very admirable that even 20 years later he is still doing this.

As always, I want to know more about this secret meeting. I've only ever heard of it when Randy mentions it. I'm interested in what he is talking about. Of course, we probably won't know what was discussed. But I do want to know more of the information surrounding this meeting.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown- still holding others accountable   Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 7:47 pm

The secret meeting he's referring to was summarized in the grand jury investigation to the missing Guerra files. Here's an excerpt of their findings:

The Grand Jury finds the following facts by a preponderance of the evidence:

a) The Open Space Meeting

A few days after the Columbine murders, a private meeting of high-ranking Jefferson County officials and law enforcement officials was held at the Jefferson County Open Space center. The meeting was called to discuss the Guerra draft affidavit; the potential liabilities of the document,  and  how to handle press inquiries that may arise concerning . the document. A copy of the draft affidavit is attached. At that meeting it was  agreed that the draft affidavit lacked the necessary probable cause to have supported the issuance of a search warrant by a judge. Based on discussions at the open space meeting the JCSO proceeded with the approach to not disclose the existence of the affidavit at a press conference.

Lt. Jeff Shrader drafted a prepared statement as a result of the open space meeting in anticipation of an impending press conference. That prepared statement referred to a follow-up investigation, but failed to specifically mention the Guerra draft affidavit. Two years later, the existence of the draft affidavit became known to the general public in April of 2001 when it was ordered to be released by a Jefferson County District Judge.

b) The Press Conference

On April 30, 1999, JCSO press information officer Steve Davis and Lt. John Kiekbusch spoke at a public press conference. At that press conference, Steve Davis read the statement prepared by Lt. Jeff Shrader. Lt. John Kiekbusch then answered various press questions. Limited information regarding the JCSO investigation into Harris in 1998 was given at the press conference. The existence of the Guerra draft affidavit was not revealed at the press conference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown- still holding others accountable   Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 9:25 pm

Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150666
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown- still holding others accountable   Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 10:36 pm

Columbine is a beautiful area, but the local government is pretty shitty. All those dead and wounded and traumatized kids, and the only thing the "leaders" can think about is saving their own asses. Pathetic.

The Browns get a lot of grief for inserting themselves into the massacre, but it is undeniably true that Randy has fought like hell to shed new light on the darkest corners of the tragedy.

Contribution Points : 48030
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown- still holding others accountable   Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 12:53 am

Wow. Thank you for sharing that! I’m glad there is someone still vocally fighting very hard for the truth to be revealed fully. I doubt that is ever going to happen, but I’m glad not everyone has given up.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown- still holding others accountable   Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 8:12 am

hvernon wrote:
Thank you so much!

Glad to help!
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91056
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown- still holding others accountable   Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2019 8:40 am

I watched a YT video of Randy Brown and he also contributed a lot of it too to bullying and isolaton.

Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78878
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown- still holding others accountable   Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 1:32 pm

bradt93 wrote:
I watched a YT video of Randy Brown and he also contributed a lot of it too to bullying and isolaton.

Ive read the book sort of half way. Its a bit repetitive. I liked Brooks Browns book better even though I take some of it with a grain of salt.

To be honest, though, Bullying is just an aspect og the entire perspective. Access to firearms, family dysfunction, mental illness, social and societal factors are all key when it comes to school shootings.

Sometimes, you also have personality disorders thrown in there. Not saying bullying doesnt play a role or that bullying isnt a problem. Just, one have to understand the complexity of school shootings
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91056
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown- still holding others accountable   Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 3:36 am

Norwegian wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

Ive read the book sort of half way. Its a bit repetitive. I liked Brooks Browns book better even though I take some of it with a grain of salt.

To be honest, though, Bullying is just an aspect og the entire perspective. Access to firearms, family dysfunction, mental illness, social and societal factors are all key when it comes to school shootings.

Sometimes, you also have personality disorders thrown in there. Not saying bullying doesnt play a role or that bullying isnt a problem. Just, one have to understand the complexity of school shootings
It stands to reason why I still think that Frank guy was a horrible principal who didn't give a sh*t about his students who were suffering bullying on a constant basis. Not just Eric and Dylan.

QuestionMark dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78878
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown- still holding others accountable   Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 5:34 am

Randy is a bit too emotional, likely because he was affected by the events. Hes son, Brooks took a lot of blame for what happened and the police didnt do anything when Eric threatned Brooks. But hes perspective in regards to school shootings are just as biased as the people he accuses of being biased.

School shooters are complex. Theres clearly not a single explanation for why they do it. Bullying can be part of it, but its usually complex. I need to look into more research
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy Brown- still holding others accountable   Randy Brown- still holding others accountable Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Randy Brown- still holding others accountable
Page 1 of 1