Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?

Go down 
+23
Rosie1756
joaingo
reb_mars
transcendentalauracel331
CanIHelpYou
humanity is overrated
axegowiii
BlackAndWhiteKittenz
Employer_Square
dyonqqr
Thermal
AllanLionChild
noobjeff19
Kermick
Whysomangry
Russianman
MysterionSZAF
Primate Murder
DanielGardner
KMFDM
Runes
QuestionMark
MAB1996
27 posters
AuthorMessage
MAB1996

Contribution Points : 47053
Forum Reputation : 3

Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 9:07 am

I know he was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome (which doesn’t exist in the DSM anymore), but how accurate do you think his diagnosis was? I think it’s possible for someone with Autism to develop Schizophrenia later in life, but do you think he was misdiagnosed. Apparently his father thought that the autism diagnosis could hide schizophrenia.

Last edited by MAB1996 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 4:24 pm

I believe any schizophrenia he had was co-morbid with his autism.

MAB1996

Contribution Points : 47053
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 7:41 pm

Yep, he might of as well had both schizophrenia AND autism.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 9:57 pm

I recall reading a list of things that made him angry. He seemed like he had sensory issues because all the things were pretty mundane. I know sensory issues are common with autism. We know he didn't like light coming into his room because he taped up all the windows. I would say he certainly did have autism, but that's just my armchair diagnosis. It can coexist with the schizophrenia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 2:44 pm

To answer this thread's title - I don't just think he was autistic... I think he was really autistic.
Back to top Go down
Runes

Runes

Contribution Points : 47158
Forum Reputation : 250

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 7:19 pm

No doubt.

shootemup likes this post

Back to top Go down
KMFDM

Contribution Points : 48968
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 2:59 pm

Absolutely. I have Asperger's syndrome and Lanza had many of the same symptoms as I do.

"The solution is Walther." -Matti Juhani Saari

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
DanielGardner

DanielGardner

Contribution Points : 56625
Forum Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 6:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 12:29 am

DanielGardner wrote:

>FNAF
>ifunny watermark

shootemup, NEXT STEP UP and Sylar like this post

Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64333
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 12:37 am

QuestionMark wrote:
DanielGardner wrote:

>FNAF
>ifunny watermark

This guy went full autism. Never go full autism.
Back to top Go down
MysterionSZAF

Contribution Points : 45834
Forum Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 7:58 am

Everyone Can Be Autistic, If You Believe Hard Enough.

Just As Tumblr Taught Us.
Back to top Go down
KMFDM

Contribution Points : 48968
Forum Reputation : 55

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 4:16 pm

MysterionSZAF wrote:

Why did you start every word with a capital letter? That is quite irritating.
Back to top Go down
Russianman

Russianman

Contribution Points : 53171
Forum Reputation : 157

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 8:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Because He/She Want Attention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 8:33 pm

KMFDM wrote:
MysterionSZAF wrote:

Why did you start every word with a capital letter? That is quite irritating.

i aPOLOGIZE oN tHIER bEHALF. iS tHIS fORMATTING mORE aPPEALING tO yOU?
Back to top Go down
Whysomangry

Whysomangry

Contribution Points : 54186
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 2:11 pm

MAB1996 wrote:
I know he was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome (which doesn’t exist in the DSM anymore), but how accurate do you think his diagnosis was? I think it’s possible for someone with Autism to develop Schizophrenia later in life, but do you think he was misdiagnosed. Apparently his father thought that the autism diagnosis could hide schizophrenia.

I believe, sincerely, that Lanza was genuinely autistic.
His mother had a low and primitive forehead (Arab norm, 125 IQ), but his father's forehead was at the white norm (140-150 IQ). You can tell from Lanza's pupil dilation and his vocabulary that he was smarter than 125 IQ, which he inherited from his mother. His dad was smarter than his mom like Adolf Hitler.

I think Adam Lanza was 135-140 IQ with 125 IQ prenatal testosterone levels. Not very autistic at all, but enough to have serious, life ruining issues. Had he lived to 40 years old, he could have been married and had a decent life, albeit with issues. If Lanza were more (smarter) or less autistic (dumber), Sandy Hook never would have happened. He would of found a way out of all of his problems in life. He was definitely capable enough to have been something other than a mass shooter.

Definitely not schizophrenic at all, pure autism.

Employer_Square and coolart403 like this post

Back to top Go down
Kermick

Kermick

Contribution Points : 40723
Forum Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 12:02 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 1:29 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
noobjeff19

Contribution Points : 45091
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 4:39 pm

Is the sky blue?
Back to top Go down
AllanLionChild

AllanLionChild

Contribution Points : 49760
Forum Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 12:53 am

I wonder why people keep doubting his diagnosis?

axegowiii and shootemup like this post

Back to top Go down
Thermal

Contribution Points : 27430

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 5:22 pm

First of all, whoever diagnosed him could be wrong. We have no idea on how the diagnose was assessed. Sometimes the causes and consequences are seen reversed by professional psychiatrists.

Imagine that you are blind. If you are blind you are unable to see the people's faces. Now close your eyes. With your eyes closed you have made the concious decision to not look at the people's faces. Now going back to him, was he actively avoiding looking at the people's faces or he just couldn't look at them? Children do not have enough vocabulary to express themselves in the same way an adult would. If that is combined with delays in developing speech, writing, reading, that's a huge barrier for a teacher to properly understand his/her own student. Let alone a psychiatrist or the parent themselves.

Have you ever heard of Natascha Kampusch? She was abducted and held hostage for many years. While she was held in a cellar she was forced to develop strategies of survival. One of them was reading. She had developed her reading and comprehension skills under an evironment where she didn't have much of a choice. Now think about a kid who refuses to read. Is that kid actively refusing to read because they have associated reading with pain, horror, something bad in their minds or are they just avoiding reading because they have something that prevents them from focusing on reading?

Have you ever heard about Prosopagnosia? There is woman who is an artist and has it. It's a genetic disorder that prevents the brain from recognizing faces, even their own. That rare condition has an interesting fact though, it doesn't prevent a person from recognizing facial expressions. If you are unable to recognize faces you are forced to recognize people from eveything else that your brain is able to gather, such as clothes, hairstyle, body movements, so on. Now if the person is blind the arey also unable to see the faces and are faced with similar challenges in their life.

Let's take a look at hallucinations. Very often when people hear about hallucinations they immediately think about schizophrenia. Hallucinations are present in many conditions, one of which is schizophrenia. One very common form of hallucination is beliving that you are being persecuted. But if you think about borderline, those people may very well perceive fear such that they belive that people are going to abandon them. Or think about narcissists, they may belive that everyone around them want to backstab them because they perceive everyone as competitors.

shootemup likes this post

Back to top Go down
dyonqqr

dyonqqr

Contribution Points : 40459
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 6:09 pm

I do believe he had it, but by the end of his life, his inability to integrate into society was more a result of the habits and other mental illnesses that developed in the time since (in other words, yes, but by 2012, autism was the least of his problems.)

QuestionMark and NEXT STEP UP like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 6:37 pm

Whysomangry wrote:
His mother had a low and primitive forehead (Arab norm, 125 IQ), but his father's forehead was at the white norm (140-150 IQ). You can tell from Lanza's pupil dilation and his vocabulary that he was smarter than 125 IQ, which he inherited from his mother. His dad was smarter than his mom like Adolf Hitler.

I think Adam Lanza was 135-140 IQ with 125 IQ prenatal testosterone levels. Not very autistic at all, but enough to have serious, life ruining issues. Had he lived to 40 years old, he could have been married and had a decent life, albeit with issues. If Lanza were more (smarter) or less autistic (dumber), Sandy Hook never would have happened. He would of found a way out of all of his problems in life. He was definitely capable enough to have been something other than a mass shooter.

What an... interesting post.

I’m curious to know if it’s pure autism or pure schizophrenia or just pure trolling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 7:40 pm

morgenroede wrote:
Whysomangry wrote:

What an... interesting post.

I’m curious to know if it’s pure autism or pure schizophrenia or just pure trolling.
The part about pupil dilation is truly insane.
Back to top Go down
Employer_Square

Contribution Points : 34380
Forum Reputation : 79

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 4:10 am

I’ve done a lot of research on autism and knowing people who had the same diagnosis he had,I can confidently say that he did,though I think there were other disorders/conditions in play in his case,if that wasn’t already obvious.

QuestionMark likes this post

22:22 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
BlackAndWhiteKittenz

BlackAndWhiteKittenz

Contribution Points : 24431
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2022 11:16 pm

Asperger's Syndrome
Back to top Go down
axegowiii

axegowiii

Contribution Points : 32985

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 7:23 am

Yes, I very much so do believe that he was autistic, and I think it impaired his ability to socialize, sadly (in addition to anxiety/social anxiety, naturally).

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
humanity is overrated

humanity is overrated

Contribution Points : 32124
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 2:15 pm

DanielGardner wrote:
>ifunny watermark
you really make me wonder if someone can be aborted after being born
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 1:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm sure this will only muddy the waters further.

KalmaX2012 likes this post

Back to top Go down
CanIHelpYou

CanIHelpYou

Contribution Points : 43514
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 3:26 pm

MAB1996 wrote:
From what he did and what his mother said in her emails and letters he did sound like he had autism

transcendentalauracel331 likes this post

Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Contribution Points : 16657
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 11:55 pm

CanIHelpYou wrote:
From what he did and what his mother said in her emails and letters he did sound like he had autism

Adam was certainly autistic and had sensory issues, but many speculate it wasn't actually as bad as his mother claimed. There was this one book that came out called "The Trial of Adam Lanza" by Dan Howitt. I haven't read it, but someone broke it down in another thread. It's a long ass book, and it was written by a Harvard academic, but it basically posits that his mother really didn't help Adam's situation because she had munchausen and munchausen by proxy. It made some good points. Like, according to her, Adam hated it when someone rang the doorbell (due to his autism and sensory disorders) yet he was perfectly fine with going out an public, and playing DDR, which has loud noises and bright flashing lights lmao.
He was slightly autistic, but that was honestly the least of his issues. Him being sheltered by is mom prevented him from ever going through many of the formative experiences a normal person has. That can fuck someone up bad.[/quote]

QuestionMark, CanIHelpYou, Helianthus, anna444 and Coneyislandqueen like this post

Back to top Go down
CanIHelpYou

CanIHelpYou

Contribution Points : 43514
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 4:28 am

transcendentalauracel331 wrote:
CanIHelpYou wrote:

Adam was certainly autistic and had sensory issues, but many speculate it wasn't actually as bad as his mother claimed. There was this one book that came out called "The Trial of Adam Lanza" by Dan Howitt. I haven't read it, but someone broke it down in another thread. It's a long ass book, and it was written by a Harvard academic, but it basically posits that his mother really didn't help Adam's situation because she had munchausen and munchausen by proxy. It made some good points. Like, according to her, Adam hated it when someone rang the doorbell (due to his autism and sensory disorders) yet he was perfectly fine with going out an public, and playing DDR, which has loud noises and bright flashing lights lmao.
He was slightly autistic, but that was honestly the least of his issues. Him being sheltered by is mom prevented him from ever going through many of the formative experiences a normal person has. That can fuck someone up bad.
Yep, I don't like blaming people in situations I haven't been in, but his mom refusing therapy and constantly letting Adam switch schools definitely didn't help. Maybe this contributed to his view of saving the kids from a lifetime of suffering. Who knows..

transcendentalauracel331 and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
reb_mars

reb_mars

Contribution Points : 17022

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 4:07 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
joaingo

Contribution Points : 14991
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2023 5:04 pm

At this point I think its pretty obvious
Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 15996
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2023 6:03 pm

noobjeff19 wrote:
Is the sky blue?

No, it's dark clouds.....

vril and Ben dislike this post

Back to top Go down
Ben
Banned

Contribution Points : 15810
Forum Reputation : 210

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2023 8:07 pm

Rosie1756 wrote:
noobjeff19 wrote:
Is the sky blue?

No, it's dark clouds.....

That means the clouds are dark not the sky stop commenting the dumbest possible shit or at least try omfg you're too stupid to be contrarian.

QuestionMark and vril like this post

Rosie1756 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Qwerteroruiop

Qwerteroruiop

Contribution Points : 35004
Forum Reputation : 200

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2023 12:20 am

mega autistic
Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 22001
Forum Reputation : 195

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2023 4:59 am

Well he was diagnosed by a medical professional so I guess so as someone who didn’t know him.
Back to top Go down
FrauSmiggles

FrauSmiggles

Contribution Points : 13699
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2023 11:02 am

If I could, I would edit a picture of that Captain Crunch cereal and edit it to say "Oops! All autism," but unfortunately I'm lazy.
I definitely think he was autistic. As an (and please think I'm really cool and unique for this, I've got nothing else going for me) autistic gal myself I definitely see it, as I notice many similarities between him and myself.
For whether or not he was schizophrenic...well, no idea. I don't know the guy personally nor am I a psychologist, and I'm assuming most people on here aren't, either. Is it possible? Yeah, but a lot of things are possible. Maybe he was just a bit extra goofy due to brain damage from his anorexia. Maybe he was an absolute nut job schizo. Maybe Adam isn't even real and YOU'RE the schizophrenic! Take your pills. Freak.

"‘Make your dreams a reality.’ Well I don't want my dreams to be a reality, I want my dreams to be sprayed allover the wall." - Adam Lanza

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?   Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you think Adam Lanza was really autistic?
Page 1 of 1