Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?

Go down 
+3
cakeman
QuestionMark
slippy123
7 posters

The Games
Half Life
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap14%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 4% [ 7 ]
Half Life 2
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap15%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 5% [ 8 ]
Counter Strike 1.6/Counter Strike Source
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap18%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 8% [ 14 ]
Doom 3
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap113%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 13% [ 22 ]
Left 4 Dead
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap18%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 8% [ 14 ]
Battlefield 1942/Vietnam/2
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap16%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 6% [ 10 ]
Call Of Duty/Call Of Duty 2
 8% [ 13 ]
Medal Of Honor Allied Assault
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap15%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 5% [ 8 ]
Fallout/Fallout 2
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap14%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 4% [ 7 ]
Hitman Codename 47/2/Contracts/Blood Money
 5% [ 8 ]
Splinter Cell
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap11%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 1% [ 1 ]
World Of Warcraft
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap11%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 1% [ 1 ]
Grand Theft Auto 3/Vice City/San Andreas
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap19%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 9% [ 16 ]
Postal 2
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap19%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 9% [ 15 ]
Manhunt
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap16%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 6% [ 10 ]
Max Payne
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap13%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 3% [ 5 ]
Total War
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap12%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 2% [ 3 ]
Civilization
 1% [ 2 ]
Bully
Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_lcap12%Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Vote_rcap1
 2% [ 5 ]
Other
 2% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 173

AuthorMessage

Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Empty
PostSubject: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 10:26 pm

I made a similar thread about this but just Counter Strike but now I want to expand on it, I think Dylan would have liked Left 4 Dead because he liked to refer to humanity as "zombies"

I also think they would both have liked GTA 3

Note: im only referencing 2000's ones because I imagine they would survive to see the 2000s if they decided to cancel or postpone their attack (along with some games from the 90s if they decided to go back and try them)
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105963
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 12:08 am

Well half-life came out on November 19, 1998, and was a breakthrough in gaming, with lots of media at the time.
So it's possible that they played that game.

Obviously Doom 3 and Postal 2, since Eric played both of those games pre Columbine.
I personally think he would of loved Max Payne as it's bullet time feature was groundbreaking when it came out.
Also, manhunt and GTA since can you murder people in all kinds of vicious ways and cause all kinds of chaos.

I don't think they would of been big RPG fans though.
They probably would of skipped Warcraft and Civilization for more gory games and FPS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 2:04 am

slippy123 wrote:
Well half-life came out on November 19, 1998, and was a breakthrough in gaming, with lots of media at the time.

Obviously Doom 3 and Postal 2, since Eric played both of those games pre Columbine.
I personally think he would of loved Max Payne as it's bullet time feature was groundbreaking when it came out.
Also, manhunt and GTA since can you murder people in all kinds of vicious ways and cause all kinds of chaos.

I don't think they would of been big RPG fans though.
They probably would of skipped Warcraft and Civilization for more gory games and FPS.

I think Dylan would maybe liked the RPG's and the strategy games, he liked Age Of Empires 2 and some fantasy games I think
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 3:27 am

slippy123 wrote:

Nope, no record of them playing a copy of Half-Life exists to my knowledge.

cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 81097
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 1:38 pm

Postal 2 probably. I wonder if Eric is trying to look like Postal guy in Hitmen for Hire, not to mention his method of suicide.

I've wondered if they played Blood, as he was obviously big into both Doom and Duke Nukem, and it seems to me having people and places on fire was part of their plot. It's the same engine as Duke Nukem with the same kind of edgy spooky Doom imagery. Also in Duke you have pipe bombs set off by remote control, but in Blood you also have more traditional ones like they used, that explode when the fuse has burned. Also for example he uses "Swallow This" from the Evil Dead series in his "station" Doom WAD, and Doom, Duke Nukem, and Blood are the games most famous for Evil Dead references.

And also wondered with Wolfenstein, as I've never seen something say they did, but feel they must have, and is probably why Eric was taking German and thought Nazis were neat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 3:06 pm

cakeman wrote:
Postal 2 probably. I wonder if Eric is trying to look like Postal guy in Hitmen for Hire, not to mention his method of suicide.

I've wondered if they played Blood, as he was obviously big into both Doom and Duke Nukem, and it seems to me having people and places on fire was part of their plot. It's the same engine as Duke Nukem with the same kind of edgy spooky Doom imagery. Also in Duke you have pipe bombs set off by remote control, but in Blood you also have more traditional ones like they used, that explode when the fuse has burned. Also for example he uses "Swallow This" from the Evil Dead series in his "station" Doom WAD, and Doom, Duke Nukem, and Blood are the games most famous for Evil Dead references.

And also wondered with Wolfenstein, as I've never seen something say they did, but feel they must have, and is probably why Eric was taking German and thought Nazis were neat.

Eric did have wolfenstein 3D
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 81097
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 3:07 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
cakeman wrote:

As above I suspect as much, but would be interested in the source.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 3:09 pm

cakeman wrote:
TheOne99 wrote:
cakeman wrote:

As above I suspect as much, but would be interested in the source.

It was recovered from Eric's home after the shooting
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105963
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 5:17 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

Nope, no record of them playing a copy of Half-Life exists to my knowledge.

Well, just because no record exists doesn't mean they didn't play it though.
I've done a lot of things that aren't on record, but those things still happened.
There was a playable demo that was released well before the game was released, so anything is possible if you ask me.

They could of played it over a friends house, at least that is where I first played half-life shortly after it came out.
Back to top Go down
tanman

tanman

Contribution Points : 47353
Forum Reputation : 278

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 6:49 pm

I would say all the first person shooters.
I could see Dylan maybe getting into some RPG's, but no so much Eric.

I'm not sure if there is any record of them playing any RPGs.

I do remember the hype that half-life had before it came out.
If you were a gamer, there was no way you didn't hear about this game.
It was all over every gaming magazine and website back then.

I think if they did play it they would of most likely loved it.
Back to top Go down
Atomkrieg

Atomkrieg

Contribution Points : 39812
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 8:37 pm

They would've loved a game called 'Hatred'.

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 10:26 pm

Krafte wrote:
They would've loved a game called 'Hatred'.

I know what it is, and yea I think they would have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 4:24 pm

Probably Postal 2.
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 61464
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 7:53 pm

Manhunt and Manhunt 2. Probably GTA V and Doom (2016) as well.

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98568
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 3:52 pm

Eric and Dylan nearly got be banned from playing Doom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?   Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which of these games do you think Eric and Dylan would have liked?
Page 1 of 1