Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire

Go down 
+11
DanielBryer
gyro
Tommy QTR
LadyStardust
MysterionSZAF
Carnifex879
Amarantha
QuestionMark
STK
School Massacre Archives
Primate Murder
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64633
Forum Reputation : 446

34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Empty
PostSubject: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 12:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(I thank SMA for finding some of these links)

Shinji Aoba poured gasoline and started a fire at Studio 1 of Kyoto animation. 34 confirmed dead.

Last edited by AmericaMan on Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:39 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 1:02 am

Possibly related 2chan thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66944
Forum Reputation : 248

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 1:07 am

I'm hearing from some people that the suspect threw gasoline on multiple people and lit them on fire. Really fucked up.

Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 1:10 am

I am very curious about his motive.

Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 1:13 am

11 people confirmed dead.

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 1:15 am

AmericaMan wrote:
11 people confirmed dead.

Damn. I am hearing reports that several people are still stuck inside the building. Maybe that number will rise? It's still really early.

Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 1:21 am

Change 11 to 10. I am probably hearing multiple reports that are inconsistent. I am going to wait until everyone is rescued to confirm the death count.

Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 1:30 am

Multiple people are suffering from cardiac arrest.
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 1:39 am

Picture of the building before the arson attack.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 1:46 am

Did this place not have a fire escape?

STK

Contribution Points : 73520
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 9:01 am

Death toll is 33 now. Jesus, this is one of the worst massacres in Japanese history.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 9:46 am

STK wrote:
Death toll is 33 now. Jesus, this is one of the worst massacres in Japanese history.
That's insane and extremely fucked up. It reminds me of Kadir Çal arson on a bus in 1991 in Istanbul. Avgiris Nikolaos account on Çal's arson is very fucked up.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 11:30 am

It's always curious how these arsons tend to have bigger death tolls than most mass shootings...

Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 am

Map of the location (includes location of victims):[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 73022
Forum Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 1:18 pm

"The woman said she could not catch much of what the man said, but she did clearly hear him shout, “They ripped me off.”"

uh... I thought that this animation studio was regarded as one of the best in their craft? What went wrong?

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 2:10 pm

Amarantha wrote:
"The woman said she could not catch much of what the man said, but she did clearly hear him shout, “They ripped me off.”"

uh... I thought that this animation studio was regarded as one of the best in their craft? What went wrong?

Something must've been going on behind the scenes. But for now, we'll have to wait for a motive. At least the guy wasn't some crazed anime fan.

Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 2:14 pm

School Massacre Archives wrote:
Amarantha wrote:

Something must've been going on behind the scenes. But for now, we'll have to wait for a motive. At least the guy wasn't some crazed anime fan.

"Ripped me off" could mean multiple things. There is a possibility that he may be mad about the outcome of an anime.

Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68797
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 2:32 pm

AmericaMan wrote:
Amarantha wrote:

"Ripped me off" could mean multiple things. There is a possibility that he may be mad about the outcome of an anime.
It's possible, but I would bet that he was upset about the studio for work reasons. I think it'd be way over the top to kill 33 people over an anime. However, there are quite a few nutjobs out there with those kinds of motives Cuckoo

Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 2:35 pm

There are multiple theories about his motive on the internet. One theory said that he was mad about how Kumiko Oumae had a boyfriend. Another theory stated that he was a train fanatic who got mad due to how the anime, "Hibike! Euphonium", played "Take the A Train". Also, he got mad because of how the studio attracted anime fans and it ruined his train viewing area. He also believed that his hobby was getting attacked. Another theory is that he was mad about the studio ripping off an idea he had. The final theory, which is the most normal theory, is that he went postal.

Girl he liked: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by AmericaMan on Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 3:37 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
It's always curious how these arsons tend to have bigger death tolls than most mass shootings...

My guess would be that people are hiding during a fire but rather all trying to escape at once. Like the Station fire, they just all piled up at exits. I would venture to say this building probably didn't have great exits either and something similar happened. I read many of the people died of smoke inhalation rather than being burned alive. They must have been trapped inside the building.
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Current plausible motive: The perpetrator was a train fanatic who got mad due to how the anime, "Hibike! Euphonium", played "Take the A Train". Also, he got mad because of how the studio attracted anime fans and it ruined his train viewing area. He also believed that his hobby was getting attacked.

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 4:53 pm

AmericaMan wrote:
Current plausible motive: The perpetrator was a train fanatic who got mad due to how the anime, "Hibike! Euphonium", played "Take the A Train". Also, he got mad because of how the studio attracted anime fans and it ruined his train viewing area. He also believed that his hobby was getting attacked.

This is probably one of the stupidest motives yet if confirmed true.

Contribution Points : 46134
Forum Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 7:36 pm

And he didn't an hero himself? Kim Dae-han 2: Eletric Boogaloo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 7:46 pm

AmericaMan wrote:

Yep. If this is true this has to be the worst motive ever. This guy definitely had something going on with him if this is true.
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 8:00 pm

hvernon wrote:
AmericaMan wrote:

Yep. If this is true this has to be the worst motive ever. This guy definitely had something going on with him if this is true.

It gets even worse. Want to know what made him snap? The fact that Kyoto Animations decided to install anime decorations on a train. If you wanted to know the anime's name it's... Hibike! Euphonium. (I don't think the Take the A Train incident ever happened, but it isn't out of character for him to freak out over it)

THIS MADE HIM SNAP!!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On 2chan, he was saying shit like, "MuH PeRfeCt TrAin WaS DeSecRated!!!! No  No  No  No "

Last edited by AmericaMan on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 8:23 pm

The scene that people believed pissed him off:

Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 9:32 pm

Another theorized motive: He believed the studio plagiarized a Light Novel he made. The train theory might be false, but the poster may be an imitator.

Last edited by AmericaMan on Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 9:32 pm

AmericaMan wrote:
hvernon wrote:
AmericaMan wrote:

It gets even worse. Want to know what made him snap? The fact that Kyoto Animations decided to install anime decorations on a train. If you wanted to know the anime's name it's... Hibike! Euphonium. (I don't think the Take the A Train incident ever happened, but it isn't out of character for him to freak out over it)

THIS MADE HIM SNAP!!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On 2chan, he was saying shit like, "MuH PeRfeCt TrAin WaS DeSecRated!!!! No  No  No  No "
Fucking hell, I'm not really a fan of anime but I don't dislike it that much.
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 9:34 pm

I might as well wait for a confirmed motive.

Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 9:46 pm

I am currently following the story through a 4chan thread and the Kiwifarms thread for this incident.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 11:48 pm

AmericaMan wrote:

lmao! We've reached the autism singularity gents.

LadyStardust

LadyStardust

Contribution Points : 51892
Forum Reputation : 387

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 12:30 am

If it’s true that he yelled, “they ripped me off” and he thought they stole an idea from his novel, that sounds plausible as a motive.
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 1:50 am

LadyStardust wrote:
If it’s true that he yelled, “they ripped me off” and he thought they stole an idea from his novel, that sounds plausible as a motive.

I posted about this theory on the first page.

Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 1:59 am

Apparently the building was supposed to be "flawless" in fire safety. confused

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 4:39 am

Amarantha wrote:

Well I don't see a outdoor fire escape in any of the videos I've seen. How is this building supposed to be flawless?

Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 5:03 am

Amarantha wrote:

Well I don't see a outdoor fire escape in any of the videos I've seen. How is this building supposed to be flawless?

" The building is also noted to have had no deficiencies in fire safety compliance during its last inspection on 17 October 2018"

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 12:55 pm

Amarantha wrote:
Amarantha wrote:

" The building is also noted to have had no deficiencies in fire safety compliance during its last inspection on 17 October 2018"

In all fairness, most fire safety procedures are concerned with accidental fires, not arsons. For all we know this guy covered the exits with gas and lit them up, cutting off escape. IDK.

Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92492
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 1:02 pm

AmericaMan wrote:
I am currently following the story through a 4chan thread and the Kiwifarms thread for this incident.
I don't think 4chan or Kiwifarms is a reliable source on anything.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 2:21 pm

Perpetrator's name is Shinji Aoba.
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
AmericaMan wrote:
I don't think 4chan or Kiwifarms is a reliable source on anything.

They seem genuinely upset about what happened so I thought their research would be serious at that time. They revealed some good pictures from multiple Japanese news stations though.

Last edited by AmericaMan on Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 2:24 pm

AmericaMan wrote:
Perpetrator's name is Shinji Aoba.
FINALLY

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 4:42 pm

He killed more people than Matsuo Toi, who klilled 30 with guns.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Death tolls up to 34 now.

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 6:28 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Amarantha wrote:
Amarantha wrote:

In all fairness, most fire safety procedures are concerned with accidental fires, not arsons. For all we know this guy covered the exits with gas and lit them up, cutting off escape. IDK.

I read somewhere that's exactly what it is was... the building was prepared for small, accidental fires not arson.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 9:07 pm

I still wonder what his motive is.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Spoiler:
jesus. this company is basically destroyed; everything they had was destroyed in the fire, and half of their staff is either dead or injured.
Tommy QTR wrote:
I've seen several reports saying that he thought the company stole his novel idea

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 10:09 pm

Anyone know which anime he thought copied his light novel?
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 10:51 pm

STK wrote:
Spoiler:
jesus. this company is basically destroyed; everything they had was destroyed in the fire, and half of their staff is either dead or injured.
Tommy QTR wrote:
I've seen several reports saying that he thought the company stole his novel idea
If that's true then it's one of the most stupidest motives to commit mass murder.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 12:09 am

why aren't things like these investigated further?

Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 12:19 am

hvernon wrote:
Anyone know which anime he thought copied his light novel?

If we are assuming that the guy was somewhat stable, I would say Tamako Market or Munto since they are the only original animes that were made by Kyoto Animation. If we are assuming that the guy was very batshit insane, it can be any anime. I will shit myself if his "novel idea" was supposed to be the anime called Free!. I usually don't like guessing information, but this is an educated guess.

PostSubject: Re: 34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire   34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

34 Dead in Kyoto Animation Arson Fire
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next