Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis

Go down 
+4
Lunkhead McGrath
bradt93
Marianna
slippy123
8 posters
AuthorMessage
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105538
Forum Reputation : 1235

Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Empty
PostSubject: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 11:23 am

This extended cut of Columbine: 20 Years Later might be one of the most inspirational videos about Columbine you'll ever see.
Sean Graves is one hell of a guy, and we also get to see rare video of Kelly Flemming talking with her parents.
I usually never get choked up easily, but for some reason this video really made me feel for all the families.

People here probably know of my disdain for Frank Deangelis, but seeing him crying at Red Rocks made me realize that maybe he isn't the total douche he is made out to be.
I had no idea that he wanted to resign, but the board wouldn't let him, and he also goes around helping out schools around the country that experienced gun violence.
Frank undoubtedly made mistakes, and it's completely possible that he is a douche, but after watching this I feel like he tried to do everything he could to fix his mistakes, and for that I have to give him some respect.

For the people who watched, do you look at Frank any differently for trying to right his wrongs?
What are your thoughts about how he handled things post Columbine?

Back to top Go down
Marianna

Contribution Points : 44073
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 11:49 am

Thx for the thoughts, I will definitely check it out !
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91156
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 pm

I won't have any respect for him until he admits the culture he created at the school in the 90s was not good toward the average students, only the jocks.

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105538
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 5:31 pm

Marianna wrote:
Thx for the thoughts, I will definitely check it out !  

No problem, enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76261
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 8:50 pm

I don't think DeAngelis is responsible for the shootings. He probably wasn't a particularly great principal if he didn't notice the jock bullying stuff but I only think the bullying stuff is a secondary factor in causing the massacre to happen. With kids like that, anyone could've been principal and it probably would have happened. As it does at loads of other high schools. (No I am not parrotting Cullen with that remark.)

He has done well after the massacre.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Well, I think he was a former coach and in my opinion that shouldn't qualify him to become a principal. Because you know he's going to favor the athletes over everyone else.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96299
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 9:03 am

I don't have a huge prob with DeAngelis himself really. I do think he turned a blind eye to a lot prior to 99 but I do feel he is sincere with his efforts since then. However what really bugs me (sorry to mention this yet again) was his lying to the press about what he did on the 20th. How he inserted himself into a larger role. He just can't be honest about that I guess

Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78978
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 4:12 pm

One thing impprtant to remember is that people are more than just Black and white. Most people have good and bad traits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 4:20 am

It is wrong to lump blame onto him. It isn't his fault Eric and Dylan butchered his school, but still crazies take issue with him being furiously angry with them for their actions.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 9:34 am

That guy is responsible for the toxic environment that went on in that school and did nothing about it. He should've punished the jocks just as equally as he would have any other student misbehaving. He let them get away with everything just because they played sports. I have no sympathy for him.

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 11:36 am

bradt93 wrote:
That guy is responsible for the toxic environment that went on in that school and did nothing about it. He should've punished the jocks just as equally as he would have any other student misbehaving. He let them get away with everything just because they played sports. I have no sympathy for him.
He's responsible for a mass shooting because he wasn't big on punishment?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 11:46 am

Back then, there was also a "kids will be kids" mentality. A lot of us were told to just brush it off or ignore it... or even more toxic, if a boy was mean to a girl it meant he liked her.

Hindsight is 20/20 and while I do believe the culture at Columbine was a toxic one, because the area back then wasn't a really open one like it is now, I think the culture fed into Eric and Dylan's hate, but someone like Zach Heckler had even more hate for the school, I am 99% sure his senior quote was "I hate this school" they ultimately decided to do what they did and it was their decision.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 5:59 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Back then, there was also a "kids will be kids" mentality. A lot of us were told to just brush it off or ignore it... or even more toxic, if a boy was mean to a girl it meant he liked her.

Hindsight is 20/20 and while I do believe the culture at Columbine was a toxic one, because the area back then wasn't a really open one like it is now, I think the culture fed into Eric and Dylan's hate, but someone like Zach Heckler had even more hate for the school, I am 99% sure his senior quote was "I hate this school" they ultimately decided to do what they did and it was their decision.
No, my point is he should've punished each kid equally and not given special privileges to a select few.

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 8:52 am

I agree with you!

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59515
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 6:02 pm

Mr. D is a really good guy and while I don't think he was responsible in the first place everything he thinks that might have helped before he turnedvaroind and made sixth a point to change and spread this message to principals and educators not just nationally but around the world.

He's a really good man and even pre shooting he personally tried to treat all kids equally. Now he makes a very pointed effort to  connect to kids that dont seek him oir or that he sees regularly.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis   Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine: 20 Years Later might change your view on Frank Deangelis
Page 1 of 1