Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan's Drinking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193746
Forum Reputation : 1317

Dylan's Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Dylan's Drinking   Dylan's Drinking Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 8:06 am

I think this has been talked about before, but other than Zack in the 11k who else mentioned that Dylan's drinking may have been a problem?

It sounds like he was self medicating since at least 15/16 how old was he when he wrote "I'm drunk on a screwdriver"

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120878
Forum Reputation : 3191

Dylan's Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's Drinking   Dylan's Drinking Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 1:51 pm

I gotta ask, does anyone know where he kept getting his booze from? I mean I know teenagers are resourceful but damn, it had to have cost a pretty penny or five to keep that addiction up.

Alenkakiss likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Dylan's Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's Drinking   Dylan's Drinking Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 10:27 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
I gotta ask, does anyone know where he kept getting his booze from? I mean I know teenagers are resourceful but damn, it had to have cost a pretty penny or five to keep that addiction up.

That is a great question. It might be because I’ve always looked young for my age but I can’t imagine being able to get alcohol in high school. I drank some wine with my family and that was about as crazy as I got lol When I turned 19 I could just go across the border and drink in Canada Smile

There is something in Eric’s journal where he mentioned that one of his friends moms bought them a bunch of alcohol one time..

I also wonder if Dylan looking older made it possible for him just to buy alcohol sometimes too?

Unless he was getting it from his parents liquor cabinet I can’t imagine how he made enough money to buy all the alcohol

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dylan's Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's Drinking   Dylan's Drinking Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 11:24 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

That is a great question. It might be because I’ve always looked young for my age but I can’t imagine being able to get alcohol in high school. I drank some wine with my family and that was about as crazy as I got lol When I turned 19 I could just go across the border and drink in Canada Smile

There is something in Eric’s journal where he mentioned that one of his friends moms bought them a bunch of alcohol one time..

I also wonder if Dylan looking older made it possible for him just to buy alcohol sometimes too?

Unless he was getting it from his parents liquor cabinet I can’t imagine how he made enough money to buy all the alcohol

Maybe an older friend at work purchased alcohol for him? I've, also, always wondered where Dylan got his alcohol. I can't imagine Sue giving him any at all or any other family members for that matter.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 81047
Forum Reputation : 1491

Dylan's Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's Drinking   Dylan's Drinking Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 12:11 pm

Presumably, finding someone of age to buy it isn't the issue raised, but getting the funds to give that person. I won't pretend to have done a deep dive into his drinking habit, when it started, whether he was working at the time, etc; but there have probably been alcoholics with less money. Also, why not consider theft, of either booze or money? The massacre was a lot more expensive than any drinking habit, and they seemed to commit credit card fraud to support it. Further, we know they at least stole once from the van, and that's a lot to steal to believe it was the first time. I guess despite brooding about killing for a lot longer, people just don't like to consider Dylan as antisocial for some reason.

Also, with Dylan's interest in contrast, and the various contrasts between Eric and Dylan, it's a little interesting that one's drink was whiskey and the other vodka.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Dylan's Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's Drinking   Dylan's Drinking Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 1:38 pm

hvernon wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Maybe an older friend at work purchased alcohol for him? I've, also, always wondered where Dylan got his alcohol. I can't imagine Sue giving him any at all or any other family members for that matter.

There has also been talk on how he did ask Marla to prom (but them seemed to be hesitant when Marla asked him) asked Tobin out several times and went on a date with Kristen a few weeks before, yet was very shy and awkward.

Someone mentioned that he may have been drunk when he did this and I wonder if that was the case?

Also am I the only one who thought when Dylan showed his mom the flask was nearly full assumed he may have drank the whole thing and refilled it?

I can see maybe theft and I think what you said makes complete sense cakeman. Smile
Then again a whole flask of peppermint schnapps... ugh.

mflergen likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dylan's Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's Drinking   Dylan's Drinking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan's Drinking
Page 1 of 1