Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?

Go down 
+5
Butterbean
InsaneIntruder
Krieg
DanielGardner
Primate Murder
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Empty
PostSubject: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 8:47 pm

So we all know that there are dozens of cases where a potential shooter is arrested before a plot or plan can come to fruition. I was wondering, what examples/cases are some of the ones that were the closest to being carried out when they were foiled by authorities, or were the most credible threat ? Some of the ones that come to mind are the Mountain Vista plot or the Halifax mall plot, but there are so many out there I was wondering which ones came to your guy's minds.
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64108
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 9:20 pm

James Seevakumaran, Liam Lyburd, Michael Piggin, and Christopher Hasson

DanielGardner

Contribution Points : 56400
Forum Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 10:08 pm

Angel Granados Dias. 18 year old kid who entered an Oregon high school with a shotgun. A male teacher tackled and disarmed him. I’d say this is the closest case in reference to what you’re looking for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 10:37 pm

DanielGardner wrote:
Angel Granados Dias. 18 year old kid who entered an Oregon high school with a shotgun. A male teacher tackled and disarmed him. I’d say this is the closest case in reference to what you’re looking for.

Yeah that definitely sounds like the closest you could get to committing an attack without actually harming anyone or firing any shots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 4:36 pm

I always get annoyed by how stupid Liam Lyburd was by makeing thretening facebook posts that got him arrested with just an hour to go. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

His facebook page, Felix Burns, is still active if you want to have a look......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Contribution Points : 60624
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 8:52 pm

Jared Cano
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85853
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 5:08 pm

Martin Watt, Lloyd Gunton, Ethan Stables, Rondell Henry, Tarik Hassane, Naser Jason Abdo, Brusthom Ziamani, Kevin Harpham, Brandon Russell, Isa Ibrahim, Damon Smith and probably many others that I've forgotten.
Also kinda disappointed that I didn't get to mention Liam first due to how interested in him I am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 4:43 pm

I think there was already a thread for this, if not more than one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 3:54 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Martin Watt, Lloyd Gunton, Ethan Stables, Rondell Henry, Tarik Hassane, Naser Jason Abdo, Brusthom Ziamani, Kevin Harpham, Brandon Russell, Isa Ibrahim, Damon Smith and probably many others that I've forgotten.
Also kinda disappointed that I didn't get to mention Liam first due to how interested in him I am.

That Lloyd Gunton didn't even have a plan.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 3:57 pm

Colorado wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

That Lloyd Gunton didn't even have a plan.
He did, he was planning a truck attack which he would hijack and then use to ram people with and then get out and stab people when he couldn't use the truck anymore. He had his weapons and had warned about the attack online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 4:38 pm

Could he actually drive?
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 10:49 am

Colorado wrote:
Could he actually drive?
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he had a driver's license that is given to people before they are old enough to get a real driver's license and that driver's license allows them to drive mopeds.
So if I'm remembering that correctly, yes, but don't quote me on that because I'm not quite sure.
EDIT: Here and here, both claim he had a provisional driving license.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 2:41 am

Even it he didn't have any license, it wouldn't mean he wouldn't be capable of starting and driving a car.
Back to top Go down
Butterbean

Contribution Points : 43935
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 3:59 pm

Dmitriy N. Andreychenko here in Springfield, Missouri, walked into a Walmart Neighborhood Market a few months ago armed with tactical weapons, body armor, ammunition, and filming with his phone. He gave some excuse having to do with our open carry laws, but I don’t believe him. After he left the store he was held at gunpoint by an off duty fireman. He’s been charged with a terrorist threat. I shop at that very store, which sure brings it close to home. I also suspect this was going to be a shooting, but he backed out. Pfft, he’s been released with a $10,000 bond and a harsh scolding by the judge. If he was 17 he’d be in diversion and released early for good behavior.
Back to top Go down
Ich Bin Gott

Ich Bin Gott

Contribution Points : 41917

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 12:56 pm

A 43-year-old graduate student, Arthur McElroy, walked into an actuarial science class at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and attempted to open fire on about 20 students with a .30-caliber M-1 carbine. As students reacted by hitting the floor and pulling desks over their heads in anticipation, the gun jammed.

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 4:03 pm

On March 13, 2017, a fifth year student from Solalto school fired a gun at a classroom before his weapon was jammed and was neutralized. Sources close to the school say it is a case of bullying, a version that was confirmed by the student's parents/relatives.
Back to top Go down
ArjyBajy

ArjyBajy

Contribution Points : 42516

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 4:08 pm

On the same day as Parkland Fl. in Everett Washington, 18-year-old, Joshua O'Connor, was arrested after his grandmother discovered a journal that had plans to commit a school shooting at ACES Alternative High School and reported the plan to police. His plan basically involved planting pressure-cooker bombs under the bleachers as well as other things. His grandmother also discovered a Hi-Point carbine rifle hidden in his room. I'm guessing that this guy could've killed many judging by his plans and bombs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 8:46 pm

Burn wrote:
On March 13, 2017, a fifth year student from Solalto school fired a gun at a classroom before his weapon  was jammed and was neutralized. Sources close to the school say it is a case of bullying, a version that was confirmed by the student's parents/relatives.
any articles?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 4:51 pm

anonman wrote:
Burn wrote:
On March 13, 2017, a fifth year student from Solalto school fired a gun at a classroom before his weapon  was jammed and was neutralized. Sources close to the school say it is a case of bullying, a version that was confirmed by the student's parents/relatives.
any articles?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 6:50 pm

On June 12, a 14-year-old student in Mexicali entered his middle school with a revolver for the purpose of shooting against his classmates, but it was stopped after a teacher detected the gun in the teenager's backpack and requested the presence of police officers.
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 66419
Forum Reputation : 248

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 9:56 am

ArjyBajy wrote:
On the same day as Parkland Fl. in Everett Washington, 18-year-old, Joshua O'Connor, was arrested after his grandmother discovered a journal that had plans to commit a school shooting at ACES Alternative High School and reported the plan to police. His plan basically involved planting pressure-cooker bombs under the bleachers as well as other things. His grandmother also discovered a Hi-Point carbine rifle hidden in his room. I'm guessing that this guy could've killed many judging by his plans and bombs.

Columbine much?

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 15771
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2022 1:23 am

Liam Lyburd was like only two hours away from killing 10+ people, he was only stopped because of his comments on YouTube or Facebook that were reported to police.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?   Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shootings stopped/foiled at the last second ?
Page 1 of 1