Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AllanLionChild

AllanLionChild

Contribution Points : 49785
Forum Reputation : 30

Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?  Empty
PostSubject: Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?    Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 12:56 am

Hello!

I wasn't too sure where to put this post, so I'm sorry if I put it in the wrong thread.

I am currently in my last year of high school, and I have to write my final project this spring. I thought about doing a project, where I would investigate if there is in fact a relationship between medications (of all sorts really, but of course mostly anti-psychotic/depressive/anxiety) and acts of violence, especially gun violence.

I want to clarify that this is not to 'call out big pharma so they can stop drugging us'. I am genuinely interested in trying to figure out what is going on in this topic. I will have to come up with a hypothesis soon, but it's okay if it turns out to be wrong, that's just the scientific method.

I am of course going to do my research on the topic, as I have already done a little bit, but I have to find a specific article which I am going to Analyse, because one of the subjects my project is written in is English (the other is chemistry). I would really appreciate it if anyone who has an interesting article (or a dull one), or maybe a fictional text about the matter, could send it to me maybe? It doesn't matter if it's connected to a specific school shooting, or if it was just a simple shootout, and it doesn't have to support whatever claim you think I might believe in the most. Anything at all. People on this forum are amazing at digging out material.

Thank you in advance!

thelmar

Contribution Points : 83032
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?    Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 8:31 am

I don't have any articles to direct you to but I would avoid anything written by Ann Blake- Tracy.
According to a book I read, she participated in the lawsuit that Mark Taylor had against Solvay Pharmaceuticals which claimed that it was the Luvox Eric was taking that made him kill.
I learned that she doesn't have a degree in psychiatry, psychology, or even pharmacology and even though she refers to herself as a doctor, it appears that she bought her Bachelor's and PhD degrees in a shady deal with the then- provost of George Wyeth University. The university has since revoked her degrees; the explanation is very interesting, indeed.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After reading this I looked her up and it appears she's made an entire career out of blaming these types of medications for basically any murders or suicides, based upon little to no evidence at all. She runs a website called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you want your paper to be credible, I'd avoid her "research."
Back to top Go down
AllanLionChild

AllanLionChild

PostSubject: Re: Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?    Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 8:55 am

thelmar wrote:
I don't have any articles to direct you to but I would avoid anything written by Ann Blake- Tracy.
According to a book I read, she participated in the lawsuit that Mark Taylor had against Solvay Pharmaceuticals which claimed that it was the Luvox Eric was taking that made him kill.
I learned that she doesn't have a degree in psychiatry, psychology, or even pharmacology and even though she refers to herself as a doctor, it appears that she bought her Bachelor's and PhD degrees in a shady deal with the then- provost of George Wyeth University. The university has since revoked her degrees; the explanation is very interesting, indeed.

After reading this I looked her up and it appears she's made an entire career out of blaming these types of medications for basically any murders or suicides, based upon little to no evidence at all. She runs a website called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you want your paper to be credible, I'd avoid her "research."

That's incredibly shady, thanks for the heads-up! I'll be sure to avoid her.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?    Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 10:58 am

This is a decent place to start.

AllanLionChild

AllanLionChild

PostSubject: Re: Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?    Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 11:20 am

QuestionMark wrote:

This is a decent place to start.

This is perfect, thank you!

PostSubject: Re: Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?    Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any texts about the relationship between medication and gun violence?
Page 1 of 1