Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?

Go down 
+3
Adzybear
RampartBloke
REBELVODKA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
REBELVODKA

REBELVODKA

Contribution Points : 47414
Forum Reputation : 125

Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Empty
PostSubject: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Everybody know Eric made a lot of doom maps, but appart of that game is known he played quake. He could made any quake maps or another game?

RampartBloke

Contribution Points : 46657
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 10:47 am

Eric had a Quake clan (Or was part of one anyway)
In the file index of his website (Archived on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There is a file "rim.zip" Which is a Quake map by some other fellow, maybe a clan member? idk
There is also a file named "meddle15.zip" which is a Quake model viewer so maybe he was making maps?

I personally have scoured for his other mentioned DooM maps through countless old FTP sites and old BBS archives
i had found maps i cant remember which of the missing ones now with the exact same name, in fact a DooM map.
BUT Authored by somebody else so yeah..

As for any games aside DooM and possibly Quake i don't really think he was a big enough fan of any other game.
People don't really join the conversation much anymore, hopefully this late response doesn't make you feel like nobody gives a toss
This place has really just quieted down or some shit, i dunno

Cool KMFDM Quote

REBELVODKA

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 8:01 pm

Please could you give that maps you said found?
Btw thanks by info. About rim yeah i was very wtf when i saw was from another person.

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60961
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 7:37 pm

He really liked Duke Nukem too. I'm not sure about the possibilities of making levels for that game at the time though.

Contribution Points : 60265
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:40 am

I’ve heard that he actually made doom maps of the school. Does anyone know if this is true and if it would ever be possible to see it
Back to top Go down
REBELVODKA

REBELVODKA

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 8:18 am

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
I’ve heard that he actually made doom maps of the school. Does anyone know if this is true and if it would ever be possible to see it
That's an urban legend of columbine theme.
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 5:16 pm

And how do you know
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 7:26 pm

You go out of your way to answer my question, and then when I ask for evidence you don’t reply. Gotta love it. Therefore what you said means nothing and I won’t value it. Anyone else have an answer with something to back it up and show me its true?
Back to top Go down
Atomkrieg

Atomkrieg

Contribution Points : 39387

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 2:57 am

REBELVODKA wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
That's an urban legend of columbine theme.

It's probably fake news to portray the two as more 'evil' than they actually were, he enjoyed making maps, but pretty sure he never made a map of the school, source?

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 11:15 am

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
You go out of your way to answer my question, and then when I ask for evidence you don’t reply. Gotta love it. Therefore what you said means nothing and I won’t value it. Anyone else have an answer with something to back it up and show me its true?

How is anyone supposed to prove a negative?

Atomkrieg

Atomkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 4:15 pm

VoDKaComeHere wrote:

How are you supposed to prove a myth? I'm pretty sure the proof is that IT DOESN'T EXIST.

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80622
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 4:31 pm

You can surely prove a negative. Can prove none of the forum members are lizards. The argument forms "modus tollens" and "reductio ad absurdum" always conclude a negation i. e. a 'negative'. 

Though, yes, the point is, as far as we know, he didn't make any mods of the school.  Could they have made it and deleted it? Yeah, they could have. Do we have any reason to think so? No. Think they probably did think of it like a video game, but they also had the school itself to do that.

Anyway, Duke Nukem 3D, to answer the OP.
Back to top Go down
Atomkrieg

Atomkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 4:33 pm

cakeman wrote:
You can surely prove a negative. Can prove none of the forum members are lizards. The argument forms "modus tollens" and "reductio ad absurdum" always conclude a negation i. e. a 'negative'. 

Though, yes, the point is, as far as we know, he didn't make any mods of the school.  Could they have made it and deleted it? Yeah, they could have. Do we have any reason to think so? No. Think they probably did think of it like a video game, but they also had the school itself to do that.

Yes, you can prove a negative, but in this case, where no evidence is available, you cannot prove it doesn't exist but you also can't prove it does.

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80622
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 4:39 pm

Krafte wrote:
cakeman wrote:

Yes, you can prove a negative, but in this case, where no evidence is available, you cannot prove it doesn't exist but you also can't prove it does.
Yeah, agree, one should suspend judgment. I think the point is that sometimes people confuse Eric's game Tier with a map of the school, and that it didn't have a school level. But whether either of them made one with another file name, who knows.  It seems like the kind of thing they would do. Then again, as above, they had the school itself so what's the need.
Back to top Go down
Atomkrieg

Atomkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 4:48 pm

cakeman wrote:
Krafte wrote:
cakeman wrote:

Yeah, agree, one should suspend judgment. I think the point is that sometimes people confuse Eric's game Tier with a map of the school, and that it didn't have a school level. But whether either of them made one with another file name, who knows.  It seems like the kind of thing they would do. Then again, as above, they had the school itself so what's the need.

Just left to assumption now eh.

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 9:24 pm

Actually, I've read that according to Joe Stair it was Dylan who created a map of Columbine. No way to confirm that now since he's dead. TIER was just Eric's self-described masterpiece. If anyone knows someone who might have access to old HDD's or BBS files that could potentially have the files, please let me know. I am willing to pay at LEAST $500 USD each to retrieve the remainder of Eric's WAD provided they come in their original ZIP with readme files. Somebody out there's gotta have at least one!
Back to top Go down
REBELVODKA

REBELVODKA

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 9:38 am

Verse wrote:
Actually, I've read that according to Joe Stair it was Dylan who created a map of Columbine. No way to confirm that now since he's dead. TIER was just Eric's self-described masterpiece. If anyone knows someone who might have access to old HDD's or BBS files that could potentially have the files, please let me know. I am willing to pay at LEAST $500 USD each to retrieve the remainder of Eric's WAD provided they come in their original ZIP with readme files. Somebody out there's gotta have at least one!
First you should try find any way to contact to Nate Dykeman or Chris Morris. I don't know if Brooks could know something about tier (most probably not)
Btw here there is someone who said his cousin have (or had TIER.wad)

PostSubject: Re: Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?   Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric Harris made maps for Quake or another game appart of doom?
Page 1 of 1