Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Visiting the Columbine Memorial

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
boringguy

boringguy

Contribution Points : 82710
Forum Reputation : 25

Visiting the Columbine Memorial Empty
PostSubject: Visiting the Columbine Memorial   Visiting the Columbine Memorial Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 7:12 pm

Well, after all these years spent dreaming of visiting the school, I’m finally going to be able to do it next month (the memorial, specifically). I’ve been living around an hour from Denver for the past few months. Ive been without my car but I’m getting it back soon. It’s going to be such a surreal experience. I’ll at least take pictures and I might film a short vid.

Anyone have tips/advice? I want to be as respectful as possible.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

Visiting the Columbine Memorial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Columbine Memorial   Visiting the Columbine Memorial Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 10:18 pm

boringguy wrote:
Well, after all these years spent dreaming of visiting the school, I’m finally going to be able to do it next month (the memorial, specifically). I’ve been living around an hour from Denver for the past few months. Ive been without my car but I’m getting it back soon. It’s going to be such a surreal experience. I’ll at least take pictures and I might film a short vid.

Anyone have tips/advice? I want to be as respectful as possible.

Hi! As someone who lives in the Denver area, and lived in Littleton for a year, welcome! Also just enjoy the park and there is a clear path to the memorial. You can climb up to the hill where the crosses once stood and see really beautiful views. You will be able to see the school from there and it is a bit surreal at first.

Bring flowers and enjoy the area, Southwest Plaza is nearby, that is where they got the t-shirts made, the kiosk isn't there anymore but there are of course little "true crime" places you will see.

Just please stay away from the school, I know you will but you have to be so careful because they are not kidding around, they don't want people skulking, the anniversary is in a few short months too...

Visiting the Columbine Memorial
Page 1 of 1