Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What other guns did they shoot in Rampart Range?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kblu

kblu

Contribution Points : 53584
Forum Reputation : 425

What other guns did they shoot in Rampart Range? Empty
PostSubject: What other guns did they shoot in Rampart Range?   What other guns did they shoot in Rampart Range? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 5:44 am

Anyone know? I think one was a desert eagle because at the end Dylan said one bullet hole might have been from “the desert.” But what about the others?
Back to top Go down
billwa

Contribution Points : 38945
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What other guns did they shoot in Rampart Range?   What other guns did they shoot in Rampart Range? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2020 12:36 pm

-cracks knuckles- ok

So the handgun they were firing was a Ruger P85 9mm handgun; they referred to it as a "desert" for whatever reason; Eric and Dylan weren't really gun experts, but they knew some weapons and their effects. NOTE: The p85 MIGHT of been chambered in .45 ACP because, one of the gentlemen in the video said: "I just hit it with Mark's 45 once and it fell over". I'm still pretty sure its a 9mm; I've shot this gun multiple times.
My theory as to why they called it a "desert" was simply because it looked KIND OF similar to a desert eagle. Look up Ruger p85 and Desert eagle and compare the two.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Eric harris fires the p85 one handed then decides its a good idea to put both hands on the handgun.

This for reference between a desert eagle and p85.
image of the p85 handgun.
Image of the desert eagle

The only thing I notice that is really similar is the safety and maybe some aesthetics but that's about it.

Next is the scoped rifle. It is a Mini 30: A Mini 14 variant chambered in 7.62x39. Manes later removed the scope in the video (later on the scope isn't present on the rifle), because of one of two things: his scope wasn't zero'd, or he was better with iron sights. FUNFACT:  Eric and Dylan kept referring to it as a "SK" which was their slang for an SKS. However, the SKS never had ANYTHING in common with the Mini 30 besides the round it shoots, 7.62x39 (a very nice round), and this is probably the reason they got the Mini 30 confused with the SKS. The reason i can tell it is a Mini 30 is the obvious curved magazine and distinctive recoil patern to the akm's I shoot (modernized variants of the AK47). You might of also seen the gun jamming multiple times. I theorize that they were using steel case (Chinese, Egyptian, or Russian) 7.62x39 because it was literally the only 7.62x39 option you had in 1999, and brass case 7.62x39 might have been very uncommon. Surplus ammunition also wasn't completely dried up even though a import ban halted the import of more Chinese 7.62x39. Steel case ammo can have issues feeding in AR15's, and other rifles that are designed to be shot with brass case ammunition.

Here is mark manes doing some fucking 1980's hipfire commando shit with the Mini 30

You might be wondering why they might be calling guns the wrong names. It's because this is 1999, and most information about guns was still spread around by word of mouth during this time. Yes you had the internet, but then again, information about firearms online was NO WHERE NEAR as close as it was during early 2000's. Some great gun myths in 1999 include, 45 ACP can stop a man in one hit (still believed by boomers till this day), and chinese mak90 AK47's are garbage (which they aren't, i actually own one and it's put 3000 rounds down range). Now-a-days, most myths are debunked, and weapon information is pouring out the asscrack.

Then you have the obvious:

The Hipoint 995 was fired 3-4 times in the beginning of the video. A lot of people keep saying that Eric never fired it in the video but they didn't look hard enough.

He fires the hipoint early on in the video. Anyone who says this isn't the Hipoint 995 is LYING to you. It is consistent with the report of a 9mm carbine and you can even visibily see its the hipoint 995.

The TEC9 DC9 with 32 round magazines being side ways fired and shit.

Springfield-Savage 67H pump action shotgun

Stevens 311D sawn off double barreled shotgun.

If you have ANY more questions about their firearms, please contact me.

Some of the people reading my post may have no idea about firearms, and may be confused with the specifics and ammo, and firearms I made in this post. Please feel free to ask me more questions if you're confused or need something clarified.

FUN FACT: Eric wanted Calico 9mm Pistols in prep for the massacre but didn't obtain them. Instead, they opted for the TEC9 DC9.

NEXT STEP UP likes this post

Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 103294
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: What other guns did they shoot in Rampart Range?   What other guns did they shoot in Rampart Range? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 3:12 pm

billwa wrote:
-cracks knuckles- ok

Challenge accepted, huh? Very Happy

Great post, very informative!

PostSubject: Re: What other guns did they shoot in Rampart Range?   What other guns did they shoot in Rampart Range? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What other guns did they shoot in Rampart Range?
Page 1 of 1