Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ellie

ellie

Contribution Points : 42081
Forum Reputation : 0

Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah? Empty
PostSubject: Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah?   Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm

this is really random, but i was thinking the other day and i realized i had never thought about that. upon doing research, i can't find anything saying he did, but what are the chances? even though he was only half jewish, they still celebrated holidays such as passover and hanukkah. coming from a jew, him having a jewish mom and being observant enough to celebrate major holiday means it would be likely he would have had a bar mitzvah as well. again a very random thought, i just think it's quite interesting.

Reznor

Contribution Points : 41646
Forum Reputation : 350

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah?   Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 12:34 am

I doubt it. I don't know a whole lot about the Jewish religion but I'm pretty sure a proper bar mitzvah takes a lot of preparation and there are rituals involved. I think celebrating Passover is like a whole other thing compared to a Jewish rite of passage such as a bar mitzvah. I could be totally wrong though!

I know that they used to attend a Lutheran church.

Where did you find info that they celebrated Hanukkah? This is the first I've heard of this
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193746
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah?   Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 9:34 am

I have only heard Sue mention that they celebrated Christmas!

Contribution Points : 43330
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah?   Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 5:54 am

No. He wasn’t half jewish he was a quarter jewish and would not be able to have a Bar Mitzvah, also Susan Klebold had a jewish father and a non-jewish mother and therefore she wouldn’t have had an Bat Mitzvah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah?   Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Dylan have a bar mitzvah?
Page 1 of 1