Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo Empty
PostSubject: Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo   Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 4:08 am

I wanted to post the 911 calls, and I noticed that there wasn’t any general thread for this shooting. Feel free to add any other info missing.

From Wikipedia:
"On August 30, 2006, former student 18-year-old Alvaro Rafael Castillo murdered his father, Rafael Castillo, and then drove the family minivan to Orange High School, where he set off a cherry bomb and then opened fire with a 9mm Hi-Point 995 Carbine and a sawed-off 12-gauge Mossberg 500 pump-action shotgun. When his 9mm carbine jammed he was apprehended by a deputy sheriff assigned to the school and a retired highway patrol officer who taught driver's education. Two students were injured in the attack but none were killed.
Later that day it was discovered that Castillo had killed his father to "put him out of his misery." He also made the statement "Columbine, remember Columbine," while entering a patrol car, referring to the attack at Columbine High School in Colorado in 1999. He sent a written letter and videotape to the Chapel Hill News prior to the shooting, that made reference to school shootings. He also sent an e-mail to the principal of Columbine High School saying "Dear Principal, In a few hours you will probably hear about a school shooting in North Carolina. I am responsible for it. I remember Columbine. It is time the world remembered it. I am sorry. Goodbye."
Castillo entered a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity. Psychologist James Hilkey testified that Castillo suffered from schizotypal and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, as well as major depressive disorder and was not in touch with reality at the time of the shooting. On August 21, 2009, Alvaro Castillo was found guilty in Orange County Superior Court following a trial that lasted three weeks. He was sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole."

-Castillo’s Tapes (on one video, of 4 hours): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
-911 calls:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (article)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (audio)
Back to top Go down
Futility

Contribution Points : 38737
Forum Reputation : 105

PostSubject: Re: Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo   Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 6:32 am

Thats eerie. Especially him videotaping himself while talking about killing other people and constantly making references to the Shooting in Littleton. I didnt watch the entire Videos,but the parts i saw suggest to me that he was/is severvely mentally troubled. Another forum-member(cant recall the Name) wrote me weeks ago that Castillo should be place into a medical-facility instead of prison,explained that a lot of Courts prefer to lock these People in Prison instead of offering proper medical-Health. Its just the easier way. But in his Case i think that it would more helped him if he was sent into a Facility who could trying to help him. His entire Actions just speak for this conclusion. Weird.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo   Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 6:26 pm

Plenty of Youtube videos on the subject too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo   Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 2:57 am

I remember seeing the shirt he wore in the ABC Columbine Legacy video. Sort of reminded me of T.J. Lane's "Killer" t-shirt. Marker on a white hanes shirt, is probably why, lol. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kermick

Kermick

Contribution Points : 41023
Forum Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo   Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 4:40 am

he wasnt that remarkable of a shooter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo   Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 10:34 am

The front side of the shirt:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Is there anyone on here particularly interested on this case? Because there’re hours and hours of footage from Castillo’s trial available (probably 20 GB in total, more or less)… would anyone be willing to download and archive these videos?
Back to top Go down
LønelyAnarchist

LønelyAnarchist

Contribution Points : 40044
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo   Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 11:52 am

The Guns He Used:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
As you can tell, he was obsessed with Eric Harris

Of deceit
Wake me up in Anarchy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo   Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 10:32 am

He was pretty much in love with Eric Harris. I haven’t seen all of his videos, but there’s one where he talks about possibly being bisexual, or gay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, here are the videos from the trial. I think that should be saved, just in case… I’m downloading them, but I won’t re-upload them anywhere (it would take me forever).
There’re 33 videos, one doesn’t work, and one just last 2 minutes; the rest are 3 or 2 hours videos, for the most part:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64633
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo   Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 10:44 am

The scene Alvaro Castillo played while beating the shit out of himself.

The video of Castillo beating the shit out of himself

PostSubject: Re: Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo   Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orange High School Shooting (2006) - Alvaro Castillo
Page 1 of 1