Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods

Go down 
+6
QuestionMark
Screamingophelia
Ligeya
LPorter101
Draw_It_White
milennialrebelette
10 posters
AuthorMessage
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59940
Forum Reputation : 725

Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Empty
PostSubject: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 2:07 am

Hey everyone! I was trying to put together a list of everything incorrect the Brown family has ever said about the shooting, the victims, the aftermath and especially about Dylan and Eric. I want it to be super thorough so I was hoping everyone here might be able to help.

I think it would be great to have compiled so people who aren't aware of the lack of credibility the Browns have in a lot of instances, it can all be in one place that's easy to go over.

To start:

-Dylan was madly in love with Rachel and she knew and didn't reciprocate.
-Dylan was on Luvox (Eric's medication) to increase his anger for the shooting.
-Eric came over with guns and threatened Dylan's family and Judy Brown, and Dylan went along with the shooting to spare the people he loved.
-Eric shot Dylan (or is it vice versa? I always get it mixed up)
-Sue and Judy were best friends up until the shooting.
-Dylan gave Brooks Eric's website to warn him about the threats he made against him.
-Teenagers with mental illness need to diet and exercise and they'll be fine because psychiatry and pharmacology are evil.

If anyone thinks of or comes across another, go ahead and post it here.

Thank you!!!

Screamingophelia, QuestionMark, Akknowslife and bit_bit46 like this post

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98568
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 1:48 am

I can’t decide who has the most hatred - you for the Browns or LPorter for Dave Cullen...
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 152527
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 4:02 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
I can’t decide who has the most hatred - you for the Browns or LPorter for Dave Cullen...

Hatred is too strong an emotion to waste on someone like Cullen.

mincenz0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 4:11 am

Look no further than Eric's journal for proof.
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 42974
Forum Reputation : 53

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 6:11 am

Eric's rant about Brooks Brown is unforgettable. I always laugh at "Thee Button".
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 6:23 am

Draw_It_White wrote:

I don't think Cullen ever personally insulted me for being mixed race, or started rumors about me being a drug addict and juvenile delinquent. Or attacked my dying mother and was an all around bitch to her. Or in Brooks case, bullied my sister for being stupid, vapid, a piece of ass, etc. since she was a child. That's just a few things off the top of my head after our family being neighbors with them for 30 plus years.

If everything they said was true I'd just let people know they're awful and leave it at that. But they insist on pushing these things that most people who were involved with the shootings in the community know aren't true. So I like to use that knowledge to warn researchers who might feel inclined to believe everything they say.

:-)

Screamingophelia, thelmar, bit_bit46 and Ligeya like this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 9:00 am

milennialrebelette wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

I don't think Cullen ever personally insulted me for being mixed race, or started rumors about me being a drug addict and juvenile delinquent. Or attacked my dying mother and was an all around bitch to her. Or in Brooks case, bullied my sister for being stupid, vapid, a piece of ass, etc. since she was a child. That's just a few things off the top of my head after our family being neighbors with them for 30 plus years.

If everything they said was true I'd just let people know they're awful and leave it at that. But they insist on pushing these things that most people who were involved with the shootings in the community know aren't true. So I like to use that knowledge to warn researchers who might feel inclined to believe everything they say.

:-)

yes, i believe that LPorters dislike for Cullen is a MUCH different situation. LPorter does a lot of Cullen rants that are funny and kind of parrot when many people think of his book. I forgot if you said this, but have you gotten feedback on what others in the community feel about his book? From what I heard, there is no middle ground. Either survivors and community members are like "this is so accurate" and others are like "this is bull shit" I haven't asked my friend yet, they are just reading Sue's book right now and I think that's a lot right now. 

The Browns were cruel to you and your family Sad which is unacceptable. I also don't like the fact that they tried to take over the narrative for Sue and Tom. They had to listen to their lawyers, and it wasn't just about them speaking out right away, they were mourning, they were hated, there were so many other components.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 11:18 am

Ivan wrote:
Look no further than Eric's journal for proof.

Are you referring to Eric rant against liars on his little website, where he cites Brooks by name? Because otherwise you'd have to be more specific about which of Eric's writings disputes a lie told by the Brown family.

NoThanks

NoThanks

Contribution Points : 44815
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 3:46 pm

Hey everyone! I was trying to put together a list of everything incorrect the Brown family has ever said about the shooting, the victims, the aftermath and especially about Dylan and Eric. I want it to be super thorough so I was hoping everyone here might be able to help.

I think it would be great to have compiled so people who aren't aware of the lack of credibility the Browns have in a lot of instances, it can all be in one place that's easy to go over.

To start:

-Eric came over with guns and threatened Dylan's family and Judy Brown, and Dylan went along with the shooting to spare the people he loved.
-Dylan gave Brooks Eric's website to warn him about the threats he made against him.
-Teenagers with mental illness need to diet and exercise and they'll be fine because psychiatry and pharmacology are evil.

Thank you!!!
Wait, what is the story here? When and where did they tell these lies?
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 11:16 am

NoThanks wrote:

To start:

Thank you!!!

Pretty much since the very beginning. In their books, their interviews.... every time they speak.
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 11:16 am

NoThanks wrote:

To start:

Thank you!!!

Pretty much since the very beginning. In their books, their interviews.... every time they speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 4:16 pm

If Dylan had dieted and exercised from his weight of ~140 lbs he may have become brain damaged or severely anorexic. What a bunch of crap those statements are.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79403
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 2:23 pm

I wont say lies, as I think thats a bit off, and e everyone can remember the wrong things. Our memory wont be
100% accurate at all times(false memories), yet,there are certain things that I would say seems highly questionable

1: ' Dylan and Eric were the bottom two kids at the entire school'. IDK Where Brooks gets this from, but I have certain issues with this one. Did he pick this up from the media? Yet, the fact is, that other statements by close friends have said that they werent really as outcasts as they were made out to be. They had multiple friends so obviously, I cant make sense out of that statement.

2: Randy Brown: Eric killed Dylan. This seems waay to good to be true.

3: Randy Brown: 'Crazy is easy'. The problem with this argument is that we are not talking about crazy in the sense that most people would define as crazy. Yet, its a fact that most school shooters have a problem with mental illness, combined with social problems.

Its not 'crazy is easy'. Its how much is 'crazy' and how much is environmental factors, i e, Bullying, lack of social status, etc.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98358
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 5:59 am

Norwegian wrote:
I wont say lies, as I think thats a bit off, and e everyone can remember the wrong things. Our memory wont be
100% accurate at all times(false memories), yet,there are certain things that I would say seems highly questionable

Agreed. Having said that, I get the feeling that Brooks is doing more than just mis-remembering the events, I believe he is projecting his own beliefs and his own issues with CHS onto E&D.

There are instances where Brooks had the same problems with CHS that E&D had (all 3 seem to have felt there was too much born-again christian influence for example), but there's issues where Brooks seems to have been bothered by thing sthat didn't bother E&D and vice versa.

Norwegian wrote:
1: ' Dylan and Eric were the bottom two kids at the entire school'. IDK Where Brooks gets this from, but I have certain issues with this one. Did he pick this up from the media? Yet, the fact is, that other statements by close friends have said that they werent really as outcasts as they were made out to be. They had multiple friends so obviously, I cant make sense out of that statement.
Agreed. I said it a million times on the forums, but I can repeat: E&D were not in the top 20% of the most popular people, but they were not outcasts. They had many groups they were a part of and whoise activities they wey invited to: TCM, the computer geeks, the group playing fantasy baseball. Sure, maybe those were the less-mainstream kids, but E&D were not alone.

Norwegian wrote:
2: Randy Brown: Eric killed Dylan. This seems waay to good to be true.
I have no idea wher he got it from. Maybe it was just a rumor he repeated, or misunderstood?

Norwegian wrote:
3: Randy Brown: 'Crazy is easy'. The problem with this argument is that we are not talking about crazy in the sense that most people would define as crazy. Yet, its a fact that most school shooters have a problem with mental illness, combined with social problems. Its not 'crazy is easy'. Its how much is 'crazy' and how much is environmental factors, i e, Bullying, lack of social status, etc

Agreed.

Brooks appears to be an extrovert. For him everything that he didn't like about CHS is about interactions with other people - bullies, biased teachers, over-importance of sports etc.

Dylan was an introvert, he lived inside his head. If you read Dylan's journal you see that 90% + problems he had were with his emotions and his existential struggles. The "injustice of the school" that Brown mentions so prominently doesn't even appear in Dylan's writings.

That's my issue with Brooks - things that were super-important to himself (jock culture, bullying, unjust teachers) were by all evidence just lesser annoyances to E&D. But Brooks makes them up to be the main reasons behind the shooting, because these are the issues that would cause himself to stand against the school.
He is overestimating the environmental factors, underestimating the internal mental states of the killers.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

Norwegian, rj96, johncena and Zortha like this post

Back to top Go down
november

november

Contribution Points : 23935
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2021 8:41 pm

How is this a lie? I've had psychiatrists that say the same thing. Pharmacology IS evil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods    Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brown Family- Incorrect Statements/Lies/Any Falsehoods
Page 1 of 1