Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What places they frequented remain almost the same?

Go down 
+2
Screamingophelia
23september
6 posters
AuthorMessage
23september

Contribution Points : 66515
Forum Reputation : 50

What places they frequented remain almost the same? Empty
PostSubject: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 5:58 am

If we forget about CHS that more or less still very much resembles the school, what else is still kinda the same? Blackjack is some studio now, i think outback is gone (or moved location rather, like the blackjack), the mall where they made their shirts i think is gone too?

The Harris's old house and the Klebolds are still there, Rampart Range burned down (or was it somewhere near?). Bowling Alley is still there i think? Is Dairy Queen still in the same spot? Is it the same King Soopers? What about the venue for the Rammstein/KMFDM concert they attended? CHS parking lot, are their parking spots still there?

Can't think of any more right now, but there's gotta be more

EDIT

Southwest Plaza is still there, anybody know of any changes?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193457
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 8:09 am

The venue that Rammstein played at is still there and so are the homes. I don't believe Rampart Range burned down, unless there were fires before i moved here. i am 90% sure the Outback is still open and so is the King Soopers.

Reznor

Contribution Points : 41371
Forum Reputation : 350

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 9:11 am

The Cooper 7 theatre is no longer open, the building is still there and is now a performing arts center at Front Range Christian School. It was very close to Blackjack and I think some of Hitmen For Hire was filmed in the alley here.
Angelos CDs and Tapes is no longer in the spot it was (I think it has a different name now too) it's Tiffany Nails now.
Media Play is closed.
I think the Albertsons that Dylan worked at is closed.
Tortilla Wraps is closed. If the Outback is the same one that was right by Tortilla Wraps on Cross Dr then that's still open.
I'm pretty sure that Computer Renaissance is also closed.
I think the Texaco that was on Ottowa might be a Shell now.
The Conoco on Chatfield is a different gas station now.
The area on Deer Creek Canyon road and Woodsworth where they broke into the van is a bit different than it was.
AMF Belleview Lanes is still open. If I remember correctly there was another bowling alley they went to hang out on Fridays, I think it was called the Rock N Bowl? Not sure if that's still there.
The Link Rec Center is still open.
I think St. Philip Lutheran Church is still there.
The Denver Merchandise Mart is still there and the Tanner Gun Show is still held there.

milennialrebelette likes this post

Back to top Go down
23september

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 10:42 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
The venue that Rammstein played at is still there and so are the homes. I don't believe Rampart Range burned down, unless there were fires before i moved here.  i am 90% sure the Outback is still open and so is the King Soopers.

Thank you! I think i read about a big forrest fire around there? Someone from tumblr had visited and said it was gone due to a fire.

Do you know anything about Draft Sports Grill? It seems to be open but under a different name

Reznor wrote:
The Cooper 7 theatre is no longer open, the building is still there and is now a performing arts center at Front Range Christian School. It was very close to Blackjack and I think some of Hitmen For Hire was filmed in the alley here.
Angelos CDs and Tapes is no longer in the spot it was (I think it has a different name now too) it's Tiffany Nails now.
Media Play is closed.
I think the Albertsons that Dylan worked at is closed.
Tortilla Wraps is closed. If the Outback is the same one that was right by Tortilla Wraps on Cross Dr then that's still open.
I'm pretty sure that Computer Renaissance is also closed.
I think the Texaco that was on Ottowa might be a Shell now.
The Conoco on Chatfield is a different gas station now.
The area on Deer Creek Canyon road and Woodsworth where they broke into the van is a bit different than it was.
AMF Belleview Lanes is still open. If I remember correctly there was another bowling alley they went to hang out on Fridays, I think it was called the Rock N Bowl? Not sure if that's still there.
The Link Rec Center is still open.
I think St. Philip Lutheran Church is still there.
The Denver Merchandise Mart is still there and the Tanner Gun Show is still held there.

Unsure if its the same Outback but ScreamingOphelia seems to think it's the same one as well (must be?) I think Rock N Bowl was the name of the friday night special they had at Belleview lanes, at least according to Cullens Columbine (surely he couldn't have gotten that wrong too...) Thanks for the answer!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 1:51 pm

I am trying to remember what Drafts is... I haven't been to SW Plaza in a bit...

Yes, the church is still there .

Contribution Points : 48430
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 2:04 pm

So is King Soopers the go-to grocery chain there? Like how WINCO is big on the west coast and I hear about publix a lot from the south east. Also, didn't know Dylan worked at an Albertsons... thought it was just the pizza place and maybe a computer store.
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

Contribution Points : 41371
Forum Reputation : 350

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 8:24 pm

NeedaHaircut wrote:
So is King Soopers the go-to grocery chain there? Like how WINCO is big on the west coast and I hear about publix a lot from the south east. Also, didn't know Dylan worked at an Albertsons... thought it was just the pizza place and maybe a computer store.

I think King Soopers is the Colorado chain of kroger grocery stores of the area. But Screamingophelia can probably answer that better than I can.

Albertsons is on his resume. He also writes about it in his diversion intake paperwork.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 8:26 pm

I don't think I have seen an Albertsons around here, but I know there used to be. Now it is King Soopers all the way and yes I did get a kick out of it the first time I went into one LOL

Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59615
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 9:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] There uses to be tons of Albertsons but most are gone. I think there used to be one near Dairy Queen on Pierce.

There was a huge fire, biggest in CO history size wise in 2002 called the Hayman fire. It burnt around Rampart Range in JeffCo, Dougkas County, Park County, El Paso etc. But I don't know if it burnt where the tape was filmed for sure.

Last edited by milennialrebelette on Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
23september

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 9:29 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I am trying to remember what Drafts is... I haven't been to SW Plaza in a bit...

the restaurant eric and a few others dined at for his birthday!
Back to top Go down
23september

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 9:31 am

Green Mountain Guns is supposed to still be there
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 6:16 pm

Oh and yea King Soopers is the Front Range Kroger store. So Ft. Collins, Denver, Colorado Springs, Pueblo. West of the Continental Divide into SE Utah it is City Market. They're the two Kroger versions in Colorado.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 6:28 pm

23september wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

the restaurant eric and a few others dined at for his birthday!

I am not sure what it is now Smile if I had to guess it is Bad Daddy's burgers.

i was just there today!! at the Farmers Market

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58774
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 1:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it’s kind of ironic, but Cooper 7 shut down on May 16, 1999.

What is Albertsons? Is that a grocery store?

milennialrebelette

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 1:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yes it is. Most in thebDenver area are now closed but there used to be a ton. They're from Idaho or somewhere like that think. Denver used to have Cub Foods, Albertsons, King Soopers and Safeway now it's just King Soopers and Safeway. Theres some more yuppie Whole Foods, Sprouts and other natural more expensive stores in some places, there used to only be a small number in the entire metro area. Theres one Trader Joe's I think in Denver and one in Boulder opened within the last 10 years. King Soopers is by far the most popular and numerous.

true_crime likes this post

Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58774
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 1:57 am

@ milennialrebelette, thanks for the explanation. We have a local chain here that spreads across three states (Indo not want to name the store to protect my identity). I live in a very small town with less than 24,000 people in the entire county.

Contribution Points : 48430
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 12:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yeah Albertsons has their headquarters in Boise, Id. Was pretty much my go-to grocery store when I lived in the mountain west since it was either that or Walmart, and Walmarts produce usually sucked. I forgot about Cub Foods, I think they were absorbed by WinCo on the west coast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What places they frequented remain almost the same?   What places they frequented remain almost the same? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What places they frequented remain almost the same?
Page 1 of 1