Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article Empty
PostSubject: Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article   Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 9:22 pm

This is a bit of a sad thread. I saw this comment today when looking at Amok Wiki activity.

The comment is on the Silas Freire Cantor's article. Background of the everything is:

"Silas Freire Cantor was a Brazilian who killed six of his relatives and wounded 2 others at São Miguel Paulista on October 25, 2000, before being arrested. He had previously killed a cousin on July 20, 2000.

The unemployed 24-year-old, was reportedly a drug addict. At 1:40 in the Rua Monsenhor Lourenço Giordano he attempted to strangle his 19-year-old daughter Elisangela Cantor in which she screamed. The scream warned his mother and the stepfather, who came to help her, but they were stabbed and killed by Cantor, who then killed 5-year-old Tatiane and 11-year-old Daiane because they screamed, and also killed 40-year-old Arnaldo Ramos dos Santos and 14-year-old Henrique Tenório de Lima.

He then got out of his house, but a neighbor reported his location for the police in which he was later captured. He showed no clear motive for the killings, and claimed that he had sniffed cocaine before the murders. On July 20, 2000 he killed his cousin Ismael Freire Melo."

No more information is found after those events. However, a breakout might can come, with the following comment that appeared on Cantor's article:

"meu irmão se matou após 4 meses" (My brother killed himself after 4 months)

There was a reply from Cientific124. I will wait to see what will come out.

Source: Silas Freire Cantor

That's a curious thing, because it isn't the only time comments like that appears in Amok Wiki. There's Carl Dalrymple, Tomas Temu Morente, Mohamed Ali Dawi, Mary Sartin and Mark Pulliam. It makes me think that the people involved (probably family members) are still alive and might is looking for more informations about their killer family members.

What's your opinion on those comments?
Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

Contribution Points : 41200
Forum Reputation : 306

PostSubject: Re: Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article   Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 12:37 am

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
It makes me think that the people involved (probably family members) are still alive and might is looking for more informations about their killer family members.

I wouldn't be surprised. It's been known to happen.

Also:
Quote :
"Silas Freire Cantor was a Brazilian who killed six of his relatives and wounded 2 others at São Miguel Paulista on October 25, 2000, before being arrested. He had previously killed a cousin on July 20, 2000.

I want to know how he wasn't in jail for the July murder at the time of the October ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article   Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 10:10 am

downwardspiral wrote:
It makes me think that the people involved (probably family members) are still alive and might is looking for more informations about their killer family members.

I wouldn't be surprised. It's been known to happen.

Also:
Quote :

I want to know how he wasn't in jail for the July murder at the time of the October ones.

Hello downwardspiral! Thanks for replying to my thread.

About the family members commenting on their killer family members articles, though it's a common phenomenon, I think it's a bit curious to see that people involved are still alive (per example, Tomas Temu Morente rampage happened in 1994, and one person added information on his article saying how his relative was killed by Morente. It gives me hope to see that those cases still have some people involved are alive.)

About Cantor evading jail, I can't really explain how that murder went unnoticed. But I think it could be a honor killing and the police released him on those grounds (believe me, honor killings here in Brazil are very common and a very few results in the perpetrators being released.)

Regards.
Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

PostSubject: Re: Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article   Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 5:44 pm

About the family members commenting on their killer family members articles, though it's a common phenomenon, I think it's a bit curious to see that people involved are still alive (per example, Tomas Temu Morente rampage happened in 1994, and one person added information on his article saying how his relative was killed by Morente. It gives me hope to see that those cases still have some people involved are alive.)

Well, it's only been 25 years, so unless the family members were past age 55 or so at the time when it happened, there's a decent chance they're still alive.

Quote :
About Cantor evading jail, I can't really explain how that murder went unnoticed. But I think it could be a honor killing and the police released him on those grounds (believe me, honor killings here in Brazil are very common and a very few results in the perpetrators being released.)

Can you explain what an "honor killing" means in this context? Or why the police would release the killer?

What annoys me is the article doesn't even give any background to the July murder. Like, if it was self-defense, or if the police didn't figure out he did it until after the October murders, then that would make sense. But it doesn't give any description of what happened. Maybe some Brazilian news sources have more info.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article   Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 9:08 pm

downwardspiral wrote:

Well, it's only been 25 years, so unless the family members were past age 55 or so at the time when it happened, there's a decent chance they're still alive.

Quote :

Can you explain what an "honor killing" means in this context? Or why the police would release the killer?

What annoys me is the article doesn't even give any background to the July murder. Like, if it was self-defense, or if the police didn't figure out he did it until after the October murders, then that would make sense. But it doesn't give any description of what happened. Maybe some Brazilian news sources have more info.
I believe Cantor's cousin, Ismael, may have had told to Cantor's parents that he sniffed cocaine, and Cantor, may have acted out of shame and killed Ismael for spreading the words of Cantor using drugs. Or he was released because Cantor, may have been known by police as an drug addict, so they released him thinking he was going to a rehab location. I attempted to search for his cousin name, but it only shows news reports of October murders. Very strange case.
Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

PostSubject: Re: Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article   Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 12:20 am

I believe Cantor's cousin, Ismael, may have had told to Cantor's parents that he sniffed cocaine, and Cantor, may have acted out of shame and killed Ismael for spreading the words of Cantor using drugs. Or he was released because Cantor, may have been known by police as an drug addict, so they released him thinking he was going to a rehab location.

Those don't seem like reasons to be released from prison for murder. Prisons have their own rehab programs. And killing someone for that motive would still be considered at least second-degree murder. My guess is the police didn't figure out he did it until after his later spree. But that's only a guess.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article   Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 1:14 am

downwardspiral wrote:
I believe Cantor's cousin, Ismael, may have had told to Cantor's parents that he sniffed cocaine, and Cantor, may have acted out of shame and killed Ismael for spreading the words of Cantor using drugs. Or he was released because Cantor, may have been known by police as an drug addict, so they released him thinking he was going to a rehab location.

Those don't seem like reasons to be released from prison for murder. Prisons have their own rehab programs. And killing someone for that motive would still be considered at least second-degree murder. My guess is the police didn't figure out he did it until after his later spree. But that's only a guess.

I have no clue what kind of area this guy had lived in, but if it was a really shitty ghetto type place, it might make sense if the police just let him go like that. They probably weren't taking their duties seriously in the first place...

PostSubject: Re: Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article   Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 8:47 am

I would like to mention a possible theory for Cantor evading jail: Cantor killed his cousin then fled without police capturing him, making it a cold case. Or he hired someone to kill his cousin. I thought of this because it could be a simpler theory for this particular murder case.

But, since the person commented in Cantor's article, it would be possible to this person tell us how he avoided jail. I'll wait for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article   Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curious comment on family killer Amok Wiki's article
Page 1 of 1