Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vwaifu

Contribution Points : 36162
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Empty
PostSubject: Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?   Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 1:40 pm

Did Dylan have dissociative identity disorder?
I remember Devon Adams speculating that he might have, somewhere, not sure of the source. The gist of it was that he acted so radically different from his usual self sometimes that it seemed as though he was two people in one body.
And given his writings—the way he describes himself in third person, talks about an “entity inhabiting Dylan’s body” like whoever is writing isn’t the first inhabitant, about not being human, etc—there are indeed hallmarks of plurality/being “more than one upstairs”.
Could it be that Dylan Klebold had a clinically fragmented or plural identity, possibly headmates that became alternate personalities?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?   Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 9:14 pm

He meets the DSM requirements for ASPD over everything. He wasn't crazy, depressed or led on by Eric. This is a kid who enjoyed murdering others and laughed in their face in the meantime.

Back to top Go down
Vepr

Contribution Points : 41220
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?   Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 2:07 am

I have been meaning to write up a thread about this, but I believe he had obstructive sleep apnea.

Here is what we know, he was insanely depressed, lethargic, still wetting the bed later than he should have been, difficulty holding on to weight, major anxiety problem and social difficulties.  

Those are all symptoms of OSA in teens.  I'll get around to a thorough write up later this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?   Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 3:34 am

Vepr wrote:
I have been meaning to write up a thread about this, but I believe he had obstructive sleep apnea.

Here is what we know, he was insanely depressed, lethargic, still wetting the bed later than he should have been, difficulty holding on to weight, major anxiety problem and social difficulties.  

Those are all symptoms of OSA in teens.  I'll get around to a thorough write up later this week.
1) We don't know for certain he was "insanely depressed". A few journal entries don't complete the picture.
2) He was at an awkward stage in his physical development. He'd have filled out had he lived longer.
3) Late bed wetting is a sign of the Macdonald Triad which shows more evidence he was a psychopath to some degree.
4) He was introverted. This "depression and anxiety" mask was apart of his deception. On 4/20 how anxious was Dylan? Don't you think that scenario accounts for more?

It's really bizarre how many people diagnose Dylan with whatever they want him to have.
Back to top Go down
Vwaifu

Contribution Points : 36162

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?   Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 11:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I didn’t know that Dylan Klebold was a bedwetter, what is your source for this? Was it in Sue’s book?

Modernity is a disease

“The only person crazy enough to stay with her is that Dylan Harris columbine guy she reads about...she’s like, a trenchcoat mafia loser’s pretend girlfriend come to life!” —overheard in student center, hence screenname
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?   Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 12:23 pm

Vwaifu wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I didn’t know that Dylan Klebold was a bedwetter, what is your source for this?  Was it in Sue’s book?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] claimed he was, not me.
Back to top Go down
Vepr

Contribution Points : 41220
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?   Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 11:12 pm

Ivan wrote:
Vwaifu wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I didn’t know that Dylan Klebold was a bedwetter, what is your source for this?  Was it in Sue’s book?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] claimed he was, not me.

Sue said it here; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I must have remembered it wrong, 3 years old is still bedwetting age.

Anyone have any way of contacting her and asking her how old he was when he stopped wetting the bed?

Further reading here about sleep apnea in kids;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?   Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 9:12 am

I don't think he had DID... but I do agree with avoidant personality or may schizotypical.

Maybe he just didn't fit in with the other kids at Columbine as much, but he would have fit in at college... it gets frustrating when someone may be socially awkward or maybe if people call them weird, everyone who has looked up the definition of a personality issue suddenly becomes a psychiatrist...

Contribution Points : 65573

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?   Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 8:25 pm

Vepr wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Vwaifu wrote:

Yes, 3 years old is still a normal age range for wearing diapers to bed (which is what Sue stated). 5 - 7 years is more of the age where you could call a kid a "bedwetter".

Screamingophelia and milennialrebelette like this post

Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 59940
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?   Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2020 8:54 pm

I really don't think he meets the qualifications for this. He was too young to diagnose anyway, and beyond his anxiety and depression, his writing shows his teenage emotions if that makes sense. I've worked with one client with DID its pretty rare and super extreme..

Screamingophelia likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?   Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2020 9:53 pm

Lavitax wrote:
Vepr wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Vwaifu wrote:

Yes, 3 years old is still a normal age range for wearing diapers to bed (which is what Sue stated).  5 - 7 years is more of the age where you could call a kid a "bedwetter".

As a nanny and an auntie I can confirm this too

PostSubject: Re: Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?   Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan’s Dissociative Identity Disorder?
Page 1 of 1