Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LønelyAnarchist

LønelyAnarchist

Contribution Points : 39744
Forum Reputation : 75

Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask? Empty
PostSubject: Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask?   Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm

I've been looking into the 2011 Clackamas mall shooting recently, and I had a question. Do we have like an official picture/description of Jacob Tyler Roberts' mask. some eye witness accounts described it as a Jason Voorhees mask, a plain hockey mask and some people even described it as just a plain white mask like one of those face masks from Michaels or Hobby lobby, and I'm pretty sure I heard that picture of "Roberts" on the bus was not him and just some dude that had a similar mask at or near the same time. so I just wanted to know the deal here. Thanks

CCTV of Jacob Tyler Roberts
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Of deceit
Wake me up in Anarchy
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68497
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask?   Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 1:44 pm

I haven't seen any close up pictures of his mask, but it was plain white, as we saw in the CCTV. It wasn't the photo of the guy on the bus had black stripes on it, which Jacob's mask didn't.

This is part of an officer's report on the mask:

Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst

Carnifex879

PostSubject: Re: Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask?   Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 7:12 am

Ossetia wrote:
This is one of the few low-casualty shootings that I find interesting.

I'm not particularly sure why, however. This shooting seems so hastily planned and so poorly executed, and those two factors are usually enough to turn off my interest.
I feel the same way. I think it’s fairly interesting because of these reasons:

1. Lack of motive
2. Happened at a mall in December like Robert Hawkins (I feel like shootings close to Christmas are very tragic)
3. Shooter wore a mask and used an AR-15, but had far less casualties than Adam Lanza caused 3 days later

LønelyAnarchist

LønelyAnarchist

Contribution Points : 39744
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask?   Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 2:34 pm

I think HURRIKANE Is right. from looking at a more HQ pic of Roberts entering the mall, i can see the similar look of the mask that Hurrikane posted.

Of deceit
Wake me up in Anarchy
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst

Carnifex879

PostSubject: Re: Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask?   Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 6:04 pm

Ossetia wrote:
Carnifex879 wrote:
I feel the same way. I think it’s fairly interesting because of these reasons:

1. Lack of motive
2. Happened at a mall in December like Robert Hawkins (I feel like shootings close to Christmas are very tragic)
3. Shooter wore a mask and used an AR-15, but had far less casualties than Adam Lanza caused 3 days later
I'm not sure of his motive, but it is known that he was planning the shooting for at least a month, as he began selling off his belongings and purchasing ammunition.

What I find strange is that one of the things he sold was his legally-owned handgun. I'm not sure of the type, but it would've made sense for him to keep it, owing to his plans.
I never knew he sold a legally owned gun. That's strange. I heard he stole the rifle from a friend, but I wonder why he resorted to stealing someone else's gun and not just using his own. I knew he was planning it for some time, he also might have made a 4chan post close to the time he did the shooting saying he would target the mall.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask?   Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jacob Tyler Roberts' Mask?
Page 1 of 1