Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Media Circus around shootings early 2021

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
myshame

Contribution Points : 75094
Forum Reputation : 0

Media Circus around shootings early 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Media Circus around shootings early 2021   Media Circus around shootings early 2021 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 5:25 pm

2020 marked a dropoff in mass shootings. according to wikipedia:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there were none with more than 7 fatalities.

But in 2021:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there are already 3 with more than 7 fatalities.

this is causing media scrutiny and people have used the anniversary of Columbine to sound off.

My best guess is that with people isolated from pandemic there was less opportunities for mass shootings in 2020.

MilverSoxie likes this post

Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 61039
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Media Circus around shootings early 2021   Media Circus around shootings early 2021 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 5:57 pm

I agree with you on the point about the pandemic making it less likely for shootings to occur. I think that the media is focusing more on these current shootings because there were so little major shootings last year and now with a spike in mass shootings, the media is covering and scrutinising them even more.

Mr Bubbless likes this post

Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29678
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Media Circus around shootings early 2021   Media Circus around shootings early 2021 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2022 5:40 am

Yep. It's definitely the pandemic that's caused it.
Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

Contribution Points : 18880
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Media Circus around shootings early 2021   Media Circus around shootings early 2021 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2022 9:57 am

That will always surprise me that a shooter didn't barricade an entire apartment during lockdown then shot everyone or burned down an entire apartment

I'm realizing that shooters are mostly lazy and stupid and don't make up plans unlike the « professionals » (Al Qaeda, etc)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Media Circus around shootings early 2021   Media Circus around shootings early 2021 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Media Circus around shootings early 2021
Page 1 of 1