Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Murderers who killed because of PTSD from wars

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Murderers who killed because of PTSD from wars Empty
PostSubject: Murderers who killed because of PTSD from wars   Murderers who killed because of PTSD from wars Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 10:46 pm

How much mass murderers who killed because of PTSD from wars are there? At the moment my only example is Nelson Ribeiro de Souza, an Brazilian Pracinha (the Brazilians who fought the Nazis, or called Força Expedicionaria Brasileira) who attemtped to kill his wife and five children but ended only killing his mother.

His case interested me a lot, never thought I would found something like this in Brazil. Here's his case anyways:

In Vacaria, Rio Grande do Sul in March 1960, Nelson Ribeiro de Souza, an 40-year-old ex-Pracinha armed himself with an axe, began screaming that the plane were coming, that the submachine guns were about to kill the soldiers, first attempted to fatally injure his wife and the children, but they escaped. Souza, on hallucination state, saw his mother, Alvina Alves Machado, but didn't recognize her. He killed her, her skull in unrecognizable state.

The ex-Pracinha was arrested, sitted with the axe in hands, looking for nothing, and didn't resist. In police station he only said that the planes would come back.

Sources: Neurótico de guerra quis matar a família, Ocorrencias Policiais nos Estados
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Murderers who killed because of PTSD from wars   Murderers who killed because of PTSD from wars Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 11:50 pm

These would all be ambiguous cases but I think it can be easily argued that their time serving in combat helped deteriorate their mental states:

-Ian David Long
-Micah Xavier Johnson
-Howard Unruh
-Timothy McVeigh
-Robert Bales

That last one happened in what was technically a combat zone, so it's ambiguous as to whether or not it counts here or should instead be strictly classified as a war crime.

Employer_Square likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murderers who killed because of PTSD from wars   Murderers who killed because of PTSD from wars Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 12:49 am

QuestionMark wrote:
These would all be ambiguous cases but I think it can be easily argued that their time serving in combat helped deteriorate their mental states:

-Ian David Long
-Micah Xavier Johnson
-Howard Unruh
-Timothy McVeigh
-Robert Bales

That last one happened in what was technically a combat zone, so it's ambiguous as to whether or not it counts here or should instead be strictly classified as a war crime.  
Thanks for your list. They definitely count. I focused a bit much on the Souza case when I created the thread, but cases where a mass killer had their minds deteriotated by wars/military service is an perfect example, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murderers who killed because of PTSD from wars   Murderers who killed because of PTSD from wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murderers who killed because of PTSD from wars
Page 1 of 1