Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Juniper

Contribution Points : 29508
Forum Reputation : 50

Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension Empty
PostSubject: Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension   Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 5:56 pm

I haven't read all of Dylan's journal, but there is one passage that really interests me. It's where he talks about he feels better than any other great man because he has found his true love. I know he wrote in his journal of multiple girls (at one point literally guessing - "could be -redacted-, -redacted-, etc") that he thought may be his true love. Do you think this passage below refers to a specific person? Or do you think it is that he is in a state of certainty that there is a true love for him somewhere, which is an uncertainty for many other people? He seemed to frequently change his mind about who it may be, so I'm just trying to understand why he is so certain here...

To My Love

As a man, a conquerer does his deeds of
greatness, He thinks he is complete. Yet, the true
great person achieves happiness only when he
has met his soulmate.
Alone unknown until the first time they lay
eyes on each other. A true love is hard to come
by, yet the most fulfilling, beautiful, completing
achievement any man can have. Some have wealth,
some have power, some have great intellect, yet i feel
an infinant # of times greater than those as i
have found my true love.
V

There's another part of his journal where he mentions that he goes to the "5th dimension" and "the everything". What did these things mean to him? I think the only partial explanation is what he wrote here: "To explain the happiness is impossible ever for fate. its just a pure halcyon set to last more existences than a conceivable number." Seems like he's talking about an everlasting heaven? Something that can't be conceived can't be understood, so it still leads to no answer regarding what he is talking about.

Employer_Square likes this post

Back to top Go down
Employer_Square

Contribution Points : 34630
Forum Reputation : 79

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension   Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 6:42 pm

He sounds a bit delusional and out of touch with reality to be completely honest with you.This and similar things mentioned in his diary has lead some people,including Dr. Peter Langman who helped popularize this theory,that he may have been struggling with schizotypal personality disorder.Personally I agree with this idea as it seems to explain a lot of the bizarre writings and drawings encountered in his diary.Additionally,I also don’t agree with the FBI’S conclusion that he was just an “angry depressive”.While that part is obvious,there’s definitely a lot more to him than meets the eye.

johncena, Xtina and venustriste like this post

Back to top Go down
hermit

hermit

Contribution Points : 28011
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension   Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 6:38 pm

On the whole fifth dimension stuff, I don't think it's a delusion, but just a way of words in a metaphorical sense because as described, you simply can't describe what the person is looking to talk about in normal language.

Plenty of people speak in metaphors all the time but it doesn't literally mean that is their straightforward belief, depends on who is reading it I guess and how they interpret it. I personally never saw it as a concrete place, just a name for an indescribable feeling, hence it feeling like it's from another 'dimension'

dusk likes this post

Back to top Go down
Juniper

Contribution Points : 29508
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension   Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 10:16 pm

I really think he meant it as an actual, distinct location. At another point in his journal, closer to the massacre, he wrote about it being "time to die, time to love." Like finding his love was not possible here or something, and had to physically leave to find her. I don't think he meant it as a metaphor. It seems like a religious belief...as the belief in Heaven, or Valhalla, or Olympus. Religious people think of those places as real physical locations they will visit one day. But odd that so many people, throughout history, would hold these beliefs without any evidence to support it. Do they perceive things that others do not? I believe in some supernatural things: I think some people have unusual abilities. I guess I will never know what it was with Dylan..whether he was delusional, or religious, or some highly perceptive person like a medium/psychic.

Xtina likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension   Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan's True Love/5th Dimension
Page 1 of 1