Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Real-Life

Real-Life


Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 7890
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2022-06-13

There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Empty
PostSubject: There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness.   There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 3:57 pm

I'm not talking about raising awareness of the mass. I'm talking about making people aware that they may develop this desire that humanity is much more than what they say and has nothing to do with common conceptions. we must first of all separate humanity from social beings, understand society, understand hierarchy, exploitation, etc. there is no need to do this. the real horror is reality itself and monsters are all of us that exist. Natural selection? this is all natural selection. now you want to go against it? imagine if all school shooters instead of spending money preparing their attacks, developed their tribes and lived their way as many do today in alternative communities of all kinds? I'm not here to play the pacifist. I'm here to be realistic. All revolutions are unnecessary and all debates are useless. stay among yours and develop. Have you been bullied? go over it and grow, because in life suffering is learning. if you succumb to this, you are being exactly what you criticize in others: a loser.

QuestionMark dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4051
Contribution Points : 98362
Forum Reputation : 3050
Join date : 2017-09-05

There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Empty
PostSubject: Re: There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness.   There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 4:42 pm

I've read everything you've posted and can't decipher anything you've said besides arguing that doing anything to make change is a waste of time. To me this just reeks of hollow and edgy nihilism; if it's true then we all may as well hang ourselves because nothing we do matters. "But just do what you enjoy!" I can hear you cheerily chime. Easy to do if there's anything to enjoy.

Real-Life wrote:
in life suffering is learning

The fuck it is.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Real-Life

Real-Life


Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 7890
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2022-06-13

There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Empty
PostSubject: Re: There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness.   There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 4:44 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
I've read everything you've posted and can't decipher anything you've said besides arguing that doing anything to make change is a waste of time. To me this just reeks of hollow and edgy nihilism; if it's true then we all may as well hang ourselves because nothing we do matters. "But just do what you enjoy!" I can hear you cheerily chime. Easy to do if there's anything to enjoy.

Real-Life wrote:
in life suffering is learning

The fuck it is.

interesting question posed by you. when I say that revolutions are useless and that we should live our revolution among our own people, I am saying that the idea of ​​generalizing a tribal act is silly. the man is diverse and tribalist. it is silly to think that within the countless variants you will have the domain of some vision completely. this is impossible. that is why all revolutions are useless. populations will never change completely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Real-Life

Real-Life


Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 7890
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2022-06-13

There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Empty
PostSubject: Re: There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness.   There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 4:46 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
I've read everything you've posted and can't decipher anything you've said besides arguing that doing anything to make change is a waste of time. To me this just reeks of hollow and edgy nihilism; if it's true then we all may as well hang ourselves because nothing we do matters. "But just do what you enjoy!" I can hear you cheerily chime. Easy to do if there's anything to enjoy.

Real-Life wrote:
in life suffering is learning

The fuck it is.
I also recommend that you see my other posts and you will understand why. there is nothing nihilistic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4051
Contribution Points : 98362
Forum Reputation : 3050
Join date : 2017-09-05

There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Empty
PostSubject: Re: There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness.   There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 5:07 pm

Real-Life wrote:
interesting question posed by you.

It's a statement, not a question.

Real-Life wrote:
when I say that revolutions are useless and that we should live our revolution among our own people, I am saying that the idea of ​​generalizing a tribal act is silly. the man is diverse and tribalist. it is silly to think that within the countless variants you will have the domain of some vision completely. this is impossible. that is why all revolutions are useless. populations will never change completely.

This is objectively wrong even by your own standards since you say that there are some people who can impose their will on others and reshape society in their image. It reminds me of great man theory, and I don't mean that as a compliment.

Real-Life wrote:
I also recommend that you see my other posts and you will understand why. there is nothing nihilistic.

I reread it and understand less. As for whether your beliefs are truly nihilistic or not I pointed out that it feels nihilistic because it reads to me as (admittedly my limited knowledge of) Nietzsche's concept of the Ubermench and the nonexistence of real values.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Real-Life

Real-Life


Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 7890
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2022-06-13

There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Empty
PostSubject: Re: There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness.   There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 5:26 pm

[quote="QuestionMark"]
Real-Life wrote:
interesting question posed by you.
As I said in the other posts, I am a human supremacist. I recommend you check it out.


QuestionMark dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher




Posts : 36
Contribution Points : 7231
Forum Reputation : 50
Join date : 2021-11-22

There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Empty
PostSubject: Re: There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness.   There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 1:57 pm

Real-Life wrote:
I'm not talking about raising awareness of the mass. I'm talking about making people aware that they may develop this desire that humanity is much more than what they say and has nothing to do with common conceptions. we must first of all separate humanity from social beings, understand society, understand hierarchy, exploitation, etc. there is no need to do this. the real horror is reality itself and monsters are all of us that exist. Natural selection? this is all natural selection. now you want to go against it?
That's a lot of vague statements. You could start with something like Dario Nardi's Neuroscience of Personality and The Magic Diamond to get somewhat basic understanding of human nature and how people are specialised to perform variety of roles and have various special skills.

Real-Life wrote:
imagine if all school shooters instead of spending money preparing their attacks, developed their tribes and lived their way as many do today in alternative communities of all kinds? I'm not here to play the pacifist. I'm here to be realistic. All revolutions are unnecessary and all debates are useless. stay among yours and develop.
Like instead instead of spending up to 1000$ on gear XD ? They'd "develop their tribes" and "develop alternate way of life" at the same monetary cost XD ? AHAHAHAHA XD That's, like, pure magical thinking XD .

Real-Life wrote:
Have you been bullied? go over it and grow, because in life suffering is learning. if you succumb to this, you are being exactly what you criticize in others: a loser.
It doesn't really work that way. Dylan and Eric got a kill:ratio of 2:13. Which is a massive win. It's probably more like 0:13 since they desired to die so their deaths aren't on the loss side.
Also, they have spent, like 1000$ to cancel all the money spent on raising all the victims, incurred massive healthcare and legal costs and probably costed a lot of lost tax revue. From what I understand Columbine has cost government, like tens or hundreds of millions of dollars. Article from 1999 cites 50 million $.
Columbine shooting was a massive victory for Dylan and Eric even without their plan working and without them adapting to its failure.

I think this idea is ultimately pointless since vast majority of people who could have power impulse to do something like shooting up a school won't do it simply because they aren't suicidal, so ultimately it's like preaching to a choir. Rampage shootings are extremely rare per capita specifically because they require the perp to be ridiculously suicidal while at the same time having strong enough power impulse to inflict massive losses on the enemy hordes on the way out. There must be some kind of fundamental contradiction involved that makes such situation exceptional.

Like ultimately your argument boils down to "I'm not suicidal and I want to do something with my life therefore mass shootings are unnecessary." which doesn't really work for people for whom death is a feature not a bug.
The truth is that the reason why public rampage shootings are so extremely rare per capita is that murder being highly illegal is an extremely effective deterrent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content





There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Empty
PostSubject: Re: There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness.   There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
There is only one weapon against school shootings: Awareness.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Are school shootings "old news" now?
» Terrorism and mass shootings/ school shootings
» Comedians and commentators about school shootings and school in general
» Primary School Shootings
» Opinion on school shootings

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: