Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opinion on school shootings

Go down 
+2
Kerea2244
Tommy QTR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123675
Forum Reputation : 40

Opinion on school shootings Empty
PostSubject: Opinion on school shootings   Opinion on school shootings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 10:28 am

Here's my opinion:

Thinking about school shootings is a pretty terrifying thought. Many schools have had it, leaving many people to be disfigued
Many families greiveing over their child who was cruelly taken away from their friends and family, many who are a afraid to
even go to school. And there are those who will just make jokes about recent shootings, admiring the killers who took lives
and didn't even take responsibility, making fun of people who were murdered, and putting down families who have lost their
child.

Its NEVER funny to make memes out of school shootings or put down families/surviviors. The fact that people say: "stop gun
violence" or "Guns are the problem" its not the case anymore. The thing that needs to be done is to help the people who are struggling,
help the people who want to murder people, who want to commit suicide.

This should've stopped at columbine. It should have ended at columbine. But it never did, about thousands of kids have been
murdered from school shootings ever since columbine

I thank you to who ever reads this for taking the time and listening

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on school shootings   Opinion on school shootings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 6:55 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:

Its NEVER funny to make memes out of school shootings

Then explain [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91967
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on school shootings   Opinion on school shootings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 7:34 pm

Quote :
about thousands of kids have been murdered from school shootings ever since columbine
I really doubt it's in the thousands.

Anyway I think School Shooting are tragedies that shouldn't have to happen, and I think people who use such tragedies to push their politically motivated agendas are disgusting.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123675
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on school shootings   Opinion on school shootings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 7:51 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Quote :
about thousands of kids have been murdered from school shootings ever since columbine
I really doubt it's in the thousands.

Anyway I think School Shooting are tragedies that shouldn't have to happen, and I think people who use such tragedies to push their politically motivated agendas are disgusting.
sorry. I meant ALOT
Back to top Go down
OneDoomedSpaceMarine

OneDoomedSpaceMarine

Contribution Points : 56171
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on school shootings   Opinion on school shootings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 12:09 pm

What do you think my opinion on school shootings are?

Back to top Go down
ttetssuo

ttetssuo

Contribution Points : 50296
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on school shootings   Opinion on school shootings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 12:27 pm

I was a senior this past March when all those walkouts were occurring at high schools about gun restriction, and when I was voicing my opinion on the importance of mental health, people got extremely upset with me. That it was insensitive for me to say guns aren't the issue here.

I always try to say that a gun doesn't pick itself up and start injuring/killing people. The person wielding the gun is where the problem lies. WHY did they pick up the gun? WHY did they decide to injure students and children? What went wrong in their life for them to make such a drastic decision?? Even without guns, I'm sure these mentally sick individuals such as Eric and Dylan would have found other ways to accomplish what they wanted to do.

Yeah gun restrictions could potentially help, but it won't fix the main issue, which is mental health.

no."
Back to top Go down
Pixie13

Contribution Points : 56751
Forum Reputation : 270

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on school shootings   Opinion on school shootings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 12:43 pm

Guns aren't the cause of mass-shootings, neither is mental health, bullying or psychopathy. It's a combination of issues that intersect. A bit like how you need 3 things to start a fire: ignition, oxygen and fuel (guess who has been doing fire safety training at work), you need a combination of factors to produce mass-shooting. To reduce the risks, you need to look at each factor individually.
What we rarely hear about are the people who *almost* became shooters (although there is a interesting TEDtalk from a guy who was almost a shooter), because understanding how they have been prevented is the best way to prevent more.
Back to top Go down
ttetssuo

ttetssuo

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on school shootings   Opinion on school shootings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Pixie13 wrote:
Guns aren't the cause of mass-shootings, neither is mental health, bullying or psychopathy. It's a combination of issues that intersect. A bit like how you need 3 things to start a fire: ignition, oxygen and fuel (guess who has been doing fire safety training at work), you need a combination of factors to produce mass-shooting. To reduce the risks, you need to look at each factor individually.
What we rarely hear about are the people who *almost* became shooters (although there is a interesting TEDtalk from a guy who was almost a shooter), because understanding how they have been prevented is the best way to prevent more.

you know that's a good way to put it actually, it being a combination of issues. I guess it depends from shooter to shooter because each of them must have differing motives and reasonings.

no."
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on school shootings   Opinion on school shootings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 7:00 pm

ttetssuo wrote:
Even without guns, I'm sure these mentally sick individuals such as Eric and Dylan would have found other ways to accomplish what they wanted to do.

They did plan on the killings being primarily a bomb attack, so perhaps if guns weren't available they would've focused more on bomb making?

They did also talk about commiting a home invasion and torturing a person they hated to death along with the would-be victim's family, so perhaps their killing spree would've been more like the slasher film Scream.

ttetssuo

ttetssuo

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on school shootings   Opinion on school shootings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 7:22 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ttetssuo wrote:
Even without guns, I'm sure these mentally sick individuals such as Eric and Dylan would have found other ways to accomplish what they wanted to do.

They did plan on the killings being primarily a bomb attack, so perhaps if guns weren't available they would've focused more on bomb making?

They did also talk about commiting a home invasion and torturing a person they hated to death along with the would-be victim's family, so perhaps their killing spree would've been more like the slasher film Scream.

yeah probably and then we'd be going through an issue of school bombings right now instead of shootings cuz E&D are so looked up to lol

no."
Back to top Go down
Pixie13

Contribution Points : 56751
Forum Reputation : 270

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on school shootings   Opinion on school shootings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 4:02 am

Their bomb making skills were pretty poor though, I don't think they would have ever been able to cause the number of fatalities they did through bombs alone.
Guns alone do not cause mass-shootings, but the only thing school shooters have in common is guns. They are part of the equation, ready access to guns is not the cause of mass-shootings but it is a catalyst.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on school shootings   Opinion on school shootings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinion on school shootings
Page 1 of 1