Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Terrorism and mass shootings/ school shootings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78128
Forum Reputation : 304

Terrorism and mass shootings/  school shootings  Empty
PostSubject: Terrorism and mass shootings/ school shootings    Terrorism and mass shootings/  school shootings  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 12:42 pm

Are there common threads?
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism and mass shootings/ school shootings    Terrorism and mass shootings/  school shootings  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 12:42 pm

Offer your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Killisaki
Top Contributor
Killisaki

Contribution Points : 41593
Forum Reputation : 93

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism and mass shootings/ school shootings    Terrorism and mass shootings/  school shootings  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 1:09 pm

No, terrorism is more, let's say notable, at least in Europe I guess. Also not all terrorists are wannabe mass shooters, the murder of Samuel Paty can be considered a terror attack, but if far from a mass attack, let alone from a mass shootings. I guess I like to note the difference between no terrorist mass shootings and terrorist mass shootings, because usually people like to talk more about the political or religious views that lead to this attacks, since I guess is much easier to understand why this happen, than if it was just a crazy dude that decided to stab or shot some people. I guess in countries where isnt easy to have weapons, terrorism can have more deaths, than attacks by crazy people or people who hate society or whatever, since usually terrorism can be well planned (there is a lot of cases where it is not) and usually the motivation is more general than someone with a mental illness, I guess. So I guess is easier to form terrorists than mental ill mass attackers. But that is my opinion, I guess.

"Said he was a wolf, only the difference
Was, a wolf’s skin was hairy on the outside,
His on the inside;"
- John Webster
"I cannot allow the cheap fireworks of some amateur terrorist to trigger my beatiful apocalyptic display!"
-Dr. Kabapu
"But hey, you wouldn't have signed on if you weren't planning to becoming a martyr. So let's get to work."
-Mannagaer lol
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism and mass shootings/ school shootings    Terrorism and mass shootings/  school shootings  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Killisaki wrote:
No, terrorism is more, let's say notable, at least in Europe I guess. Also not all terrorists are wannabe mass shooters, the murder of Samuel Paty can be considered a terror attack, but if far from a mass attack, let alone from a mass shootings. I guess I like to note the difference between no terrorist mass shootings and terrorist mass shootings, because usually people like to talk more about the political or religious views that lead to this attacks, since I guess is much easier to understand why this happen, than if it was just a crazy dude that decided to stab or shot some people. I guess in countries where isnt easy to have weapons, terrorism can have more deaths, than attacks by crazy people or people who hate society or whatever, since usually terrorism can be well planned (there is a lot of cases where it is not) and usually the motivation is more general than someone with a mental illness, I guess. So I guess is easier to form terrorists than mental ill mass attackers. But that is my opinion, I guess.

Thanks for answering 🙂.
I was thinking more in terms of mental health, social factors etc. Allthough, I see mass shootings and terrorism as usually separate.
Back to top Go down
Killisaki
Top Contributor
Killisaki

Contribution Points : 41593
Forum Reputation : 93

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism and mass shootings/ school shootings    Terrorism and mass shootings/  school shootings  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 4:55 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Killisaki wrote:

Thanks for answering 🙂.
I was thinking more in terms of mental health, social factors etc. Allthough, I see mass shootings and terrorism as usually separate.
In terms of social factors, that radicalization can happen to normal individuals or small time criminals in prison, either because of both disafistacion of the western society, not really because it is western, but more because they feel ignored, by it and instead find like a system that if they kill people they will be worship as matrys. In my opinion, usually terrorists that didnt really grow up in a radical enviroment, can be viewed as response as being left by society or dissatisfied by it, and fell like they are nothing more that meaningless pieces of society, where it would matter if they were dead or not. And they can became radicalised for the thought of giving their life meaning or the fact the could change society with others, since I usually I see terrorism to create fear and to start change, a revolution of sorts. Then there is the mental problems, most likely there is some terrorists that would end up killing people even it they werent terrorists, like Omar Mateen, since like that guy has some violent tendecies, although perphaps they would create less of an "impact" I guess. And the a group that supports the killing of people and an mentally unstable guy that was connections or admires that group is a nice recipe for a terrorist, I guess. But that is my opinion I guess.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism and mass shootings/ school shootings    Terrorism and mass shootings/  school shootings  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2023 6:22 pm

I feel like there's a significant amount of overlap in terms of the people who would commit either action, in terms of psychological makeup.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrorism and mass shootings/ school shootings    Terrorism and mass shootings/  school shootings  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terrorism and mass shootings/ school shootings
Page 1 of 1