Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

European opinions on school/mass shootings

Go down 
+16
hundszn
vril
Saint George
martyrdolls
Sanitater
Sabratha
ThatDelawareReader
Bookish
Darkness
Йозеф Геббельс
square_round_retro
supremegentlewoman1991
Denethor
FesteringThoughts
FairyBarf
messianic_mania
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
messianic_mania

messianic_mania

Contribution Points : 10600
Forum Reputation : 27

European opinions on school/mass shootings Empty
PostSubject: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2024 6:02 pm

As an American I feel as though I've been desensitized to gun violence since I can remember. Columbine happened before I was born, and Sandy Hook happened when I first started school so I've had shooting drills my whole educational career, along with a few close calls.

But I want to hear some European or other country's opinions on mass gun violence, specifically places where mass shootings are rare or nonexistant. From what I can tell, a lot of Europeans seem to feel that gun violence in America is the fault of the American people here, in the sense that we vote for politicians and laws that increase gun rights so we only have ourselves to blame. Personally I feel like the government is more to blame than our citizens, but regardless, British people especially love to make jokes about school shootings from what I've seen. At least younger people.

Anyways, if you aren't from the USA I'd like to hear your opinion, since I know school shootings are an American stereotype. Hey, at least our shooting frequency has dropped by 30%, so there's something in defense of this shithole.
Back to top Go down
FairyBarf

FairyBarf

Contribution Points : 6313
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2024 6:56 pm

messianic_mania wrote:
As an American I feel as though I've been desensitized to gun violence since I can remember. Columbine happened before I was born, and Sandy Hook happened when I first started school so I've had shooting drills my whole educational career, along with a few close calls.

But I want to hear some European or other country's opinions on mass gun violence, specifically places where mass shootings are rare or nonexistant. From what I can tell, a lot of Europeans seem to feel that gun violence in America is the fault of the American people here, in the sense that we vote for politicians and laws that increase gun rights so we only have ourselves to blame. Personally I feel like the government is more to blame than our citizens, but regardless, British people especially love to make jokes about school shootings from what I've seen. At least younger people.

Anyways, if you aren't from the USA I'd like to hear your opinion, since I know school shootings are an American stereotype. Hey, at least our shooting frequency has dropped by 30%, so there's something in defense of this shithole.

Yeah bro it’s gotten so bad. This one kid at my school brought a fake gun and was shooting everyone. It’s funny. But like, also sad.

nooolyyy and messianic_mania like this post

Back to top Go down
messianic_mania

messianic_mania

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2024 8:05 pm

FairyBarf wrote:
Yeah bro it’s gotten so bad. This one kid at my school brought a fake gun and was shooting everyone. It’s funny. But like, also sad.

Back when I was in school kids would pop empty bags or drop 3-ring binders on the floor in the lunchroom to mimic gunshots. Most of the kids didn't seem to care or think that much of it, but all the teachers would get so scared and upset with the kids for it. They were just trying to keep us safe right after Sandy Hook, no wonder they'd get so serious about it.

FairyBarf likes this post

Back to top Go down
FairyBarf

FairyBarf

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2024 8:12 pm

messianic_mania wrote:
FairyBarf wrote:

Back when I was in school kids would pop empty bags or drop 3-ring binders on the floor in the lunchroom to mimic gunshots. Most of the kids didn't seem to care or think that much of it, but all the teachers would get so scared and upset with the kids for it. They were just trying to keep us safe right after Sandy Hook, no wonder they'd get so serious about it.

Yeah it’s gotten worse. I’ve gotten suspended just for talking about it. And one kid pulled out a gun that looked so real I shit you not and pointed it at me and other kids. And one kid “shot” the school staff with a fake gun. (His parents got arrested it was on the news or something I’ll send the link if I can find it.) I mean I’ve seen the sandy hook promise ads on tv about gun violence. And like some 6-7 year old shot his teacher or something.
Back to top Go down
FesteringThoughts

FesteringThoughts

Contribution Points : 4212
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2024 3:18 am

Europeans don't really  care  about mass shootings.Sure,most people knew about Utoya or Christchurch due to their political connections and large manifestos left behind  but much less people know what Sandy Hook or Aurora was.Europeans dont even remember ones like Winnenden.Altrough the younger pal you would ask the bigger chances of knowing them are.But answering your question,when large mass shooting happens on the american soil,people rather blame guns and US government due to their hoplophobic views,injected by our politicians.Europeans dont even need shootings to be terrified by seeing a handgun.Propaganda of fear is such an useful tool.British citizens fooled by Ann Pearston are the best example.There is a maxim in the british law environment,it says that "hard cases makes bad law" but they seem to forgot about it when the time came.

Last edited by FesteringThoughts on Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

messianic_mania likes this post

Back to top Go down
FairyBarf

FairyBarf

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2024 2:56 pm

FesteringThoughts wrote:
Europeans don't really  care  about mass shootings.Sure,most people knew about Utoya or Christchurch due to their political connections and large manifestos behind left but much less people know what Sandy Hook or Aurora was.People dont even remember ones like Winnenden.Of course the younger pal you would ask the bigger chances of knowing them are but young people usually don't spend time blaming anyone,instead they research the case or trying to be edgy.But according to your question,when large mass shooting happens on the american soil,people rather blame guns and US government due to their hoplophobic views,injected by our politicians.Europeans dont even need shootings to be terrified by seeing a handgun.Propaganda of fear is such a useful tool.British citizens fooled by Ann Pearston are the best example.There is a maxim in the british law environment,it says that "hard cases makes bad law" but they seem to forgot about it when the time came.

Yeah I doubt they’d care about stuff happening in America lmaoo I’m sure most of Europe hates Americans anyway.

nooolyyy dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Denethor

Denethor

Contribution Points : 20379
Forum Reputation : 201

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 7:56 am

shit happens but it should not be reason for stricter gun laws

nooolyyy, RickMaster and messianic_mania like this post

Back to top Go down
supremegentlewoman1991

supremegentlewoman1991

Contribution Points : 7610
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 1:38 pm

FairyBarf wrote:
FesteringThoughts wrote:
Europeans don't really  care  about mass shootings.Sure,most people knew about Utoya or Christchurch due to their political connections and large manifestos behind left but much less people know what Sandy Hook or Aurora was.People dont even remember ones like Winnenden.Of course the younger pal you would ask the bigger chances of knowing them are but young people usually don't spend time blaming anyone,instead they research the case or trying to be edgy.But according to your question,when large mass shooting happens on the american soil,people rather blame guns and US government due to their hoplophobic views,injected by our politicians.Europeans dont even need shootings to be terrified by seeing a handgun.Propaganda of fear is such a useful tool.British citizens fooled by Ann Pearston are the best example.There is a maxim in the british law environment,it says that "hard cases makes bad law" but they seem to forgot about it when the time came.

Yeah I doubt they’d care about stuff happening in America lmaoo I’m sure most of Europe hates Americans anyway.

I'm a Euro, and I know about a dozen to 2 dozen US mass shootings, lmao

Back to top Go down
square_round_retro

square_round_retro

Contribution Points : 3875

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 1:48 pm

im very jealous of your gun rights and i love the mass shootings

Vlixu23, RickMaster, messianic_mania, FairyBarf and glockxavier like this post

Back to top Go down
FairyBarf

FairyBarf

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 2:02 pm

square_round_retro wrote:
im very jealous of your gun rights and i love the mass shootings

We love them so much here that every month in school we have drills and sometimes one actually happens and that’s when the fun starts. lol.
Back to top Go down
FesteringThoughts

FesteringThoughts

Contribution Points : 4212
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 2:26 pm

"I'm a Euro, and I know about a dozen to 2 dozen US mass shootings, lmao[/quote]"

Exeption proves the rule.I have meant average european person while typing this.Average man knows basic information about shootings that happened in his homeland and few terrorist attacks that shocked the world.Due to the first reason average american's knowledge about this type of crime is more complex.
Back to top Go down
Йозеф Геббельс

Йозеф Геббельс

Contribution Points : 16457
Forum Reputation : 62

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 4:38 pm

i think we dont have enough of them

FairyBarf and glockxavier like this post

Back to top Go down
FairyBarf

FairyBarf

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 4:51 pm

Йозеф Геббельс wrote:

I’ve never agreed with something more. Animals are better then humans imo we basically stole the world from them anyway

Denethor dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
messianic_mania

messianic_mania

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 6:09 pm

FairyBarf wrote:
Йозеф Геббельс wrote:

I’ve never agreed with something more. Animals are better then humans imo we basically stole the world from them anyway

Based opinion. I don't really care when mass attacks happen to humans because billions of animals die every year just to feed fatass greedy humans anyways.

FairyBarf and glockxavier like this post

Denethor dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Denethor

Denethor

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 6:48 pm

messianic_mania wrote:
FairyBarf wrote:
Йозеф Геббельс wrote:

Based opinion. I don't really care when mass attacks happen to humans because billions of animals die every year just to feed fatass greedy humans anyways.
you are such a faggot

Rzr54 likes this post

Back to top Go down
supremegentlewoman1991

supremegentlewoman1991

Contribution Points : 7610

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 9:45 pm

Mass attacks need to happen against the worst types of people
(Like the 2018 Pittsburgh shooting)

Vlixu23, RickMaster, Rzr54 and glockxavier like this post

Back to top Go down
messianic_mania

messianic_mania

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 9:57 pm

Denethor wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
FairyBarf wrote:
Йозеф Геббельс wrote:

you are such a faggot

I Know

Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Contribution Points : 34392
Forum Reputation : 245

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 11:44 pm

messianic_mania wrote:
Denethor wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
FairyBarf wrote:
Йозеф Геббельс wrote:

you are such a faggot

I Know
Prove it
Back to top Go down
messianic_mania

messianic_mania

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2024 2:08 am

Darkness wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
Denethor wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
FairyBarf wrote:
Йозеф Геббельс wrote:

you are such a faggot

I Know
Prove it

Do you need to see my faggot license or something? You the gay police??
Back to top Go down
FairyBarf

FairyBarf

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2024 3:07 am

messianic_mania wrote:
Darkness wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
Denethor wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
FairyBarf wrote:
Йозеф Геббельс wrote:

you are such a faggot

I Know
Prove it

It’s a felony if you don’t show it
Back to top Go down
Denethor

Denethor

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2024 3:52 am

messianic_mania wrote:
Darkness wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
Denethor wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
FairyBarf wrote:
Йозеф Геббельс wrote:

you are such a faggot

I Know
Prove it

send picture of your anus please

FairyBarf and Rzr54 like this post

Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Contribution Points : 34392
Forum Reputation : 245

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2024 7:35 am

messianic_mania wrote:
Darkness wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
Denethor wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
FairyBarf wrote:
Йозеф Геббельс wrote:

you are such a faggot

I Know
Prove it

Give me head to prove it

Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 26995
Forum Reputation : 199

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2024 9:24 am

European here. It’s definitely mentioned a lot, in a kind of “this doesn’t happen here, it’s an American problem” way. Which we all know is statistically where most of them seem to be but there are exceptions to the rules. If guns were widely available we would have had a major one by now, after all kids here have mental health problems, deprivation, anger and all those things that go into the melting pot of making a potential shooter. I think the non researchers among us are as baffled as they are over in America about why this keeps happening.

Back to top Go down
messianic_mania

messianic_mania

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2024 5:46 pm

Darkness wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
Darkness wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
Denethor wrote:
messianic_mania wrote:
FairyBarf wrote:
Йозеф Геббельс wrote:

you are such a faggot

I Know
Prove it

Give me head to prove it

Brotherly bonding time.

Back to top Go down
ThatDelawareReader

Contribution Points : 21331

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2024 11:17 pm

I've noticed on other forums that when people from other countries ask what the US is like, people from Britain have a lot of gun questions. What happened at that birthday party in Ohio today is one of the stories on the BBC.
In the other forums, people in Britain are kind of in disbelief that this huge country has so many people with guns.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 102756
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2024 6:46 am

messianic_mania wrote:

Well, I fit both categories well. My home region of Masovia (or the whole country for that matter) did not have a school shooting at least since the 1930s. Mass violence is almost nonexistant, few people have guns and gun violence is almost always of the "hunter shot his wife with his boar shotgun" kind.

My opinion is that it isn't really the American people themselves that are the core problem. Depressed, angry or mentally ill kids exist everywhere. Europe had its share of our own Steinhäusers and Auvinens.

So what makes it worse in America?

1. Gun laws & the sheer number of guns out there.

In Europe in most countries very few people have guns. The guns people can get are usually small caliber sport hanguns or low ammo capacity hunting shotguns.
One of the reaons why Finland, Russia and Germany had more shootings than most other European countries is because it was easier to get guns there than in other places. Especially hunting shotguns in Russia.
DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying tougher gun laws would prevent all shootings in America. But they would at least keep the most brain-dead or least socially-capable American kids from getting their hands on a gun.

2. Poor mental health services.

The US healthcare system is not known to be cheap or accessible and mental therapy seems to be particularly expensive.
Again: Would not prevent all shootings, but I'm 100% sure that certain very ill individuals (Cho and Lanza come to mind) would never become killers had they been given proper mental health treatement and had been hospitalized.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

Back to top Go down
ThatDelawareReader

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2024 11:15 am

That mass shooting in Ohio yesterday happened right down the street from a store named Da Hood Market.

So everybody in Europe knows it happened in da hood.
Back to top Go down
FairyBarf

FairyBarf

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2024 12:07 pm

ThatDelawareReader wrote:
That mass shooting in Ohio yesterday happened right down the street from a store named Da Hood Market.

Who did it? What happened??
Back to top Go down
ThatDelawareReader

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2024 2:48 pm

FairyBarf wrote:

One dead and 24 wounded at a shooting at a large outdoor party in Akron, Ohio. There still hasn't been an arrest. They're saying there were at least 2 shooters and at least 30 shots. It happened a few minutes after midnight June 2nd. Still no motive yet.
Back to top Go down
FairyBarf

FairyBarf

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2024 4:37 pm

FairyBarf wrote:

One dead and 24 wounded at a shooting at a large outdoor party in Akron, Ohio. There still hasn't been an arrest. They're saying there were at least 2 shooters and at least 30 shots. It happened a few minutes after midnight June 2nd. Still no motive yet.

Damn. Thanks.

ThatDelawareReader likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2024 4:44 pm

FairyBarf wrote:

Small addendum: It happenbed directly by the "Truth & Honor inc." building. So like 4 houses away from the 'Da Hood' store.

Looking at the few known details, I doubt either the store of the T&C building had anything to do with it.

My guess is some sort of gang driveby.

ThatDelawareReader likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sanitater

Sanitater

Contribution Points : 9387
Forum Reputation : 250

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2024 10:40 pm

FairyBarf wrote:

negritos always fighting

RickMaster and Rzr54 like this post

Back to top Go down
FairyBarf

FairyBarf

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2024 10:43 pm

Sanitater wrote:
FairyBarf wrote:

negritos always fighting

Lmaoo they are. They are so entitled tbh it’s quite sad how many people have to suffer because they think the whole world revolves around them. Smh
Back to top Go down
martyrdolls

martyrdolls

Contribution Points : 7002

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2024 3:47 pm

i don't care

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2024 11:28 am

btw still no suspects identified in the Akron shooting

Back to top Go down
Saint George

Saint George

Contribution Points : 9154

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2024 12:44 pm

Sabratha wrote:
My opinion is that it isn't really the American people themselves that are the core problem. Depressed, angry or mentally ill kids exist everywhere. Europe had its share of our own Steinhäusers and Auvinens.

So what makes it worse in America?

1. Gun laws & the sheer number of guns out there.

[...]

2. Poor mental health services.

[...]

Stupid idiot of you! And what about liberalism, competition, and perception of any institution and social determination as a rape of the "freedom" to finger your ass in public and smell the finger? I lived in the US, I went to university there, an later I worked there: they are in permanent "mimetic crisis" and in permanent search for scapegoats... They hate anything which is "formal", they permanently "melt", permanently lose any shape, they are deeply violent, deeply frustrated, and inevitably, they have to lynch a Bumblebee or kill a middle school girl... or else they would all kill each other in the war of all against all.

They are all humiliated, they had to leave their homelands, to emigrate from their countries in humiliation, and they seek revenge against everybody. And that's why the US will destroy the planet, because they have a dispute with everything that is not them, who did not want them, and forced them to emigrate. You can't imagine the level of humiliation, frustration, need for revenge that is accumulated in this "country".

Watch Sydney Pollack's movies : Castle Keep (1969) and The Interpreter (2005), they speak the truth about the horrors lying in American minds.

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2024 10:43 pm

On other forums, I've noticed a lot of people in Europe seem like they're afraid of guns. When it comes to this country's shootings, people there hate this country's school shootings, but are interested in the shootings at the same time. Kind of like how women who say that they hate violence will watch re-runs of that old TV show "Cops."
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2024 9:23 am

On other forums, I've noticed a lot of people in Europe seem like they're afraid of guns. When it comes to this country's shootings, people there hate this country's school shootings, but are interested in the shootings at the same time. Kind of like how women who say that they hate violence will watch re-runs of that old TV show "Cops."

I guess it is like with bear attacks or snakebites. Nobody likes them, but its best to acquire some good knowledge on what to do if it does happen to you.

Back to top Go down
ThatDelawareReader

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2024 11:47 pm

Quick FYI on Akron. They upped it to 27 shot. Also 5 guns were used.

Back to top Go down
vril

Contribution Points : 26569
Forum Reputation : 844

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 10:06 am

Switzerland has extremely lax gun laws that are better in many ways than the ones we have in America yet mass shootings seem to be foreign to them... I wonder why...
Back to top Go down
ThatDelawareReader

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 11:51 am

Maybe somebody should do a study to see what America's most violent cities all have in common.
Back to top Go down
Denethor

Denethor

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 5:00 pm

Maybe somebody should do a study to see what America's most violent cities all have in common.
nlggers

ANOMIC, RickMaster, Maldoror and FairyBarf like this post

Back to top Go down
FairyBarf

FairyBarf

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 7:18 pm

Denethor wrote:
nlggers

True. Then they act like the victim and somehow blame it on slavery and George Floyd/blm.

Denethor likes this post

Back to top Go down
ThatDelawareReader

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2024 10:15 pm

A week and no arrests in the Akron shooting. Surely people over in Europe would be a little surprised to hear that.
Police say one of the guns used was an assault rifle. There are "regular rifles" that use the same bullets that an "assault rifle" uses. The police don't have the rifle yet, so they might just be guessing it was an assault rifle.
Back to top Go down
hundszn

hundszn

Contribution Points : 16447
Forum Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 6:42 am

brit here Smile honestly i think that the fact that its just never been something I've ever needed to worry about is a big reason I find it so intriguing now, when I was still in highschool we had threats but they weren't ever taken seriously enough to be escalated because it just doesn't happen here.

i knew a kid whose dad was a farmer and he was bragging about how he shoots birds or something, me and my friend must have pissed him off one day bc then he threatens to bring the gun in and shoot us both. we were all like 13 and did not take him seriously at all, laughed in his face and my friend even wrote a bad creepypasta about it to make fun of him for trying to be edgelord. maybe if we were raised in America where that sort of thing is way more common we would have cared more, but we weren't so we didn't.

similar-ish situation when I was around 16, sat next to the weird guy in maths but he was never horrible to me and we used to chat a lot during the lesson together out of boredom; I think he got the wrong idea because at one point he starts talking about how much he hates the school (did that a lot), but this time he grabs my thigh while he does it and tells me about how he'd bomb the whole place but I don't need to worry because we would escape it together. i begged my maths teacher to move my seats after that because I did not like being touched LMAO, friends all laughed when I told them about the bomb threat and honestly I was less weirded out by that than I was the thigh grabbing

anyway, just examples of how that kind of thing isn't taken seriously (or wasn't at my school at least, maybe other people had different experiences). also had a guy threaten to shoot up a local hospital and while he got arrested, none of the staff gave a shit or took him seriously at all, so maybe I just live in an apathetic town lol.

Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 9:00 am

hundszn wrote:
brit here Smile honestly i think that the fact that its just never been something I've ever needed to worry about is a big reason I find it so intriguing now, when I was still in highschool we had threats but they weren't ever taken seriously enough to be escalated because it just doesn't happen here.

i knew a kid whose dad was a farmer and he was bragging about how he shoots birds or something, me and my friend must have pissed him off one day bc then he threatens to bring the gun in and shoot us both. we were all like 13 and did not take him seriously at all, laughed in his face and my friend even wrote a bad creepypasta about it to make fun of him for trying to be edgelord. maybe if we were raised in America where that sort of thing is way more common we would have cared more, but we weren't so we didn't.

similar-ish situation when I was around 16, sat next to the weird guy in maths but he was never horrible to me and we used to chat a lot during the lesson together out of boredom; I think he got the wrong idea because at one point he starts talking about how much he hates the school (did that a lot), but this time he grabs my thigh while he does it and tells me about how he'd bomb the whole place but I don't need to worry because we would escape it together. i begged my maths teacher to move my seats after that because I did not like being touched LMAO, friends all laughed when I told them about the bomb threat and honestly I was less weirded out by that than I was the thigh grabbing

anyway, just examples of how that kind of thing isn't taken seriously (or wasn't at my school at least, maybe other people had different experiences). also had a guy threaten to shoot up a local hospital and while he got arrested, none of the staff gave a shit or took him seriously at all, so maybe I just live in an apathetic town lol.
Hello fellow Brit! I’m English but live in wales. No one ever threatened to bomb or shoot up my schools. I don’t think anyone even thought it was a thing pre columbine.

hundszn likes this post

Back to top Go down
hundszn

hundszn

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 9:40 am

Bookish wrote:
hundszn wrote:

Hello fellow Brit! I’m English but live in wales. No one ever threatened to bomb or shoot up my schools. I don’t think anyone even thought it was a thing pre columbine.

hi again bookish! lol I live in a rough area so that explains the threats, but yeah its not treated as anything important here, teachers never even acknowledged it as a possibility til ariana grande's concert in manchester got bombed, then we had to do some drills. and yeah columbine popularised the whole thing for sure, kind of incredible to think about how huge of a cultural impact it had and how E&D have inspired a whole gen of mass killers

Bookish

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 1:20 pm

hundszn wrote:
Bookish wrote:
hundszn wrote:

hi again bookish! lol I live in a rough area so that explains the threats, but yeah its not treated as anything important here, teachers never even acknowledged it as a possibility til ariana grande's concert in manchester got bombed, then we had to do some drills. and yeah columbine popularised the whole thing for sure, kind of incredible to think about how huge of a cultural impact it had and how E&D have inspired a whole gen of mass killers
I think that’s the thing with Britain, if someone makes a threat then it’s taken with a pinch of salt because the average teenager doesn’t have access to the things that could make it into a reality. Even dunblane which happened when I was at primary school wasn’t a student. I think maybe they’d take it more seriously if it was a individual stabbing being threatened than a mass bombing or shooting just because most teenagers live in a house where the kitchen would have knives and kids stabbing each other does actually happen. Not that we won’t have our time because it’s surely coming but like you said it’s just not our reality.

hundszn and FairyBarf like this post

Back to top Go down
messianic_mania

messianic_mania

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2024 6:33 pm

hundszn wrote:

Man. It seems like here in the USA, it can be like that, where nobody gives a shit when the signs of a potential shooter start to pop up, only they actually end up following through on it. That, or, it's taken VERY seriously. I had an ex boyfriend that could only do online schooling, because long story short, he was mad about his girlfriend breaking up with him, so he threatened to bomb/shoot up/burn down their middle school. This was the south, so his family had guns and all, but he had absolutely no intentions of doing anything like that in reality, he was just pissed off and 14. But the school got the police involved, who took it extremely seriously, and he ended up getting expelled from the school district and got all of his electronics seized by the police. Also got grounded for a year.

hundszn likes this post

Back to top Go down
hundszn

hundszn

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2024 3:02 am

messianic_mania wrote:
hundszn wrote:

Man. It seems like here in the USA, it can be like that, where nobody gives a shit when the signs of a potential shooter start to pop up, only they actually end up following through on it. That, or, it's taken VERY seriously. I had an ex boyfriend that could only do online schooling, because long story short, he was mad about his girlfriend breaking up with him, so he threatened to bomb/shoot up/burn down their middle school. This was the south, so his family had guns and all, but he had absolutely no intentions of doing anything like that in reality, he was just pissed off and 14. But the school got the police involved, who took it extremely seriously, and he ended up getting expelled from the school district and got all of his electronics seized by the police. Also got grounded for a year.

lol, for some reason the ‘also grounded for a year’ part made me laugh HAHAHA. and i guess they have to be really careful, especially with how many times the fbi has seemingly ignored a threat like that in the past and it has actually lead to a real shooting, its like everytime theres a new massacre we end up learning that the shooter was interviewed by them and then ignored lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European opinions on school/mass shootings   European opinions on school/mass shootings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

European opinions on school/mass shootings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next