Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories

Go down 
+2
Helianthus
Triflers_Escrow3-25
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Triflers_Escrow3-25

Triflers_Escrow3-25

Contribution Points : 24352
Forum Reputation : 60

School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories Empty
PostSubject: School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories   School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 12:49 pm

This is gonna be a little confession of mine. The more I learn about old and new shooters the more my brain starts treating them like anti-hero stories. Every time I watch a documentary, watch the news, read this forum, or watch something miscellaneous like SFO's Tubcast, I view the information of shooting the same way as if you're reading a book or watching a movie. I know they shouldn't be but to my brain they've become tales of tragic villainy, dark comedy, and explorations of the human condition. Like spree killers are their own genre of entertainment. And it's like every shooter has a moral you can learn to better yourself.

-Elliot Rodger tells you to not be a douche to women and to try and not make assumptions before taking foolish action.
-Columbine is about the complexity of what drives human motivation and how people that have everything can also have nothing.
-With Nikolas Cruz It's more of a comedy of how you can be a phenomenal loser.
-Salvador Ramos taught me how regularly engaging in violence to assert strength can be an addictive drug.
-With Dylan Roof, it's simply don't be racist

Everytime I hear of a new shooting I get excited to learn about who the shooter was and what's their story. Will it be something more introspective and thought-provoking like Columbine or will it be a comedy like Parkland? Every time I see news videos in the breaking news section of the Youtube homepage I subconsciously instead see something akin to a movie trailer. Lately, I've been thinking about this and why I don't take these events so seriously. Is it that it's so far away, is it because the media generally likes to story tell, is it a flaw in my ability to have empathy, etc?

Do you guys experience the same fablization of these mass shootings or do I just have the brain of a sociopath? scratch

Watcher, ANOMIC, NEXT STEP UP, anna444 and Octal like this post

Back to top Go down
Helianthus

Helianthus

Contribution Points : 20727
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories   School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 2:45 pm

-

Last edited by Helianthus on Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Timur's Swan Song

Timur's Swan Song

Contribution Points : 22568
Forum Reputation : 85

PostSubject: Re: School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories   School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 4:11 pm

Last edited by Timur's Swan Song on Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CanIHelpYou

CanIHelpYou

Contribution Points : 43539
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories   School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 4:14 pm

Triflers_Escrow3-25 wrote:

Kek
Back to top Go down
Helianthus

Helianthus

PostSubject: Re: School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories   School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 5:15 pm

-

Last edited by Helianthus on Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Timur's Swan Song

Timur's Swan Song

Contribution Points : 22568
Forum Reputation : 85

PostSubject: Re: School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories   School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 7:57 pm

Last edited by Timur's Swan Song on Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

CanIHelpYou and daniellesmug like this post

Back to top Go down
Helianthus

Helianthus

PostSubject: Re: School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories   School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2022 11:30 pm

-

Last edited by Helianthus on Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

NEXT STEP UP likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories   School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 6:54 am

Gotta love the legions of redacted posts that were in all likelihood fairly tame.

Achlys likes this post

Back to top Go down
Arano

Arano

Contribution Points : 7674
Forum Reputation : 297

PostSubject: Re: School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories   School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 7:09 am

This is gonna be a little confession of mine. The more I learn about old and new shooters the more my brain starts treating them like anti-hero stories. Every time I watch a documentary, watch the news, read this forum, or watch something miscellaneous like SFO's Tubcast, I view the information of shooting the same way as if you're reading a book or watching a movie. I know they shouldn't be but to my brain they've become tales of tragic villainy, dark comedy, and explorations of the human condition. Like spree killers are their own genre of entertainment. And it's like every shooter has a moral you can learn to better yourself.

-Elliot Rodger tells you to not be a douche to women and to try and not make assumptions before taking foolish action.
-Columbine is about the complexity of what drives human motivation and how people that have everything can also have nothing.
-Salvador Ramos taught me how regularly engaging in violence to assert strength can be an addictive drug.
-With Dylan Roof, it's simply don't be racist

Everytime I hear of a new shooting I get excited to learn about who the shooter was and what's their story. Will it be something more introspective and thought-provoking like Columbine or will it be a comedy like Parkland? Every time I see news videos in the breaking news section of the Youtube homepage I subconsciously instead see something akin to a movie trailer. Lately, I've been thinking about this and why I don't take these events so seriously. Is it that it's so far away, is it because the media generally likes to story tell, is it a flaw in my ability to have empathy, etc?

Do you guys experience the same fablization of these mass shootings or do I just have the brain of a sociopath? scratch
I think everyone does this mostly subconsciously though. It's easy to mythologise this stuff.

ParanoidAndroid likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories   School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2024 7:03 am

Everytime I hear of a new shooting I get excited to learn about who the shooter was and what's their story.
I really relate to this especially not that I am proud of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories   School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School/Mass Shootings are becoming like Stories
Page 1 of 1