Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wanderer

Wanderer

Contribution Points : 20685
Forum Reputation : 27

Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik  Empty
PostSubject: Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik    Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 6:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Conwy councillor apologises after using picture of far-right mass murderer to promote Asda meal deal

Tom Maclean, who is a town councillor in Colwyn Bay, faced criticism after posting a picture of Anders Breivik

A Conwy councillor has apologised for posting an image of a far-right terrorist to promote a supermarket meal deal. Tom Maclean, who stands as an independent town councillor in Colwyn Bay, posted the doctored picture of Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik appearing to hold an advert for the Asda offer.

The original photo was taken when Breivik was on trial over the attacks he carried out in Norway in 2011, which killed 77 people. He was found guilty of mass murder, causing a fatal explosion, and terrorism.

Cllr Maclean's post sparked an immediate backlash, and he even faced calls to be relieved of his duties. @MrsColwynBay on Twitter said: "There are no words, this man needs to be sacked."

Cllr Maclean later posted to say he hadn't realised that the image featured a "pretty ghastly figure" and apologised for any offence caused. He wrote on Facebook: "I was highlighting the £1 meal deal for the over 60's which Asda are rolling out which I think is a good idea in these difficult times. I believe some other supermarkets may be offering something similar.

"My post included a clip art frame which it was subsequently brought to my attention featured a person I have since been told is a pretty ghastly figure. Naturally, once I was made aware of this, I removed the post at once and I apologise for my mistake and any offence caused.

"In life, we live and we learn anew each day. I am very grateful indeed to those who let me know about the clip art.

"Once again I apologise for my error. Have a joyous day one and all."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

QuestionMark and ZAVANZK like this post

Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 22304
Forum Reputation : 195

PostSubject: Re: Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik    Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 7:50 am

Funniest thing I’ve seen all day!

Wanderer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fedz-Manz

Fedz-Manz

Contribution Points : 20434
Forum Reputation : 156

PostSubject: Re: Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik    Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2022 5:51 pm

wait free soup for old people for christmas = guy who killed 70 people??? what a cunt

Rest In Peace, Pekka-Eric Auvinen (June 4th, 1989 - November 7th, 2007)

"I hate you and the way you are! You all have to die! Since I was 6, you've all been taking the piss out of me! Now you're going to pay! [...] Finally, I want to apologise for all this to the people who mean something to me or who were ever good to me! I'm gone" - Bastian Bosse 

"I guess it just wasn't there night" - Richard Benjamin Speck 

"There's a devil in me there's a devil in all of use" - Sidney Charles Cooke

"My favourite comedy is the Christchurch livestream that part where he shoots the things is funny as hell" - Andrews Bearing Barwick
Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 16296
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik    Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 12:01 pm

The thing is, he has now created a useful meme. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik    Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conwy councillor apologises after posting picture of Breivik
Page 1 of 1