Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cameras in the Administration Area?

Go down 
+2
BurnIt
queenfarooq
6 posters
AuthorMessage
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 101637
Forum Reputation : 10

Cameras in the Administration Area?  Empty
PostSubject: Cameras in the Administration Area?    Cameras in the Administration Area?  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:12 pm

I remember some time ago stumbling upon various discussions concerning surveillance cameras in the admin areas of the school. Most discussions speculated the idea of these cameras capturing a third shooter hence the reason the footage was not released. Personally, I never really subscribed to the idea of additional shooters but I always wondered if there was any additional surveillance cameras / footage captured on tape other than the cafeteria footage.

Cameras in Administration Areas

Page 9945 of the 11k - "Evidence videotape from north portion of Administrative offices”

US Fire Administration Document Page 8 - "There were security cameras in the administration area and the cafeteria."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(I'd have to double check but I believe it is Brooks Brown that mentions the presence of a Surveillance Camera in the admin office that covers the main doors. This doesn't help much but i know this is mentioned in one of the videos posted by wurmholeshadow:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have it written down but not which video confused i will follow this up though )

Harris and Klebold presence / shooting in the administration areas

CNN Diagram 97 shows "Harris and Klebold walk to the administrative offices located on the east side of the school shooting as they are going."

and also:
Diagram 98 "Harris and Klebold leave the office area and walk north through the art area, firing into the ceiling as they are walking and make their way back to the cafeteria"

Page 9946 of the 11k notes damage in the administration area “numerous shell casings”, “bullet fragments” and other objects damaged caused by “projectiles similar to bullets."

I'm curious to know what others think and if any of you guys have come across similar information? Suppose we are to believe there were in fact working surveillance cameras in the administration office that caught Eric and Dylan aimlessly shooting, why would this not be mentioned more and why would they not be made public? On a side note the only other indication of surveillance cameras i have read about were ones that covered the exterior of the school but were only turned on overnight.

EDIT: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is in this video just after the 9min mark that Brooks mentions such tapes. he also mentions other security tapes

Last edited by queenfarooq on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding information)
Back to top Go down
BurnIt

Contribution Points : 100942
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Cameras in the Administration Area?    Cameras in the Administration Area?  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:36 pm

**keeping an eye on this thread**

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101051
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Cameras in the Administration Area?    Cameras in the Administration Area?  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 10:05 pm

I can't comment on the cameras in the administration area further than you did, queenfarooq, but I made several interesting notes while reading through the U.S. Fire Administration's report. (page numbers in parentheses) my comments in bold

1. As noted above, security cameras were said to be in the administration area of the school. (8 )

2. The Fire Administration got the ages of the perpetrators wrong, stating they were 16 and 17. (10) a minor detail, but come on, that one's not even hard.

3. The reports state that Emergency Services were under fire as late as 1202-1205. (14) This is only 3 minutes before E&D reportedly committed suicide.

4. Littleton's Fire Training Chief had come from training exercises and was in soot-covered turnout gear. While he was at one of the triage areas, a sniper mistook him for a trenchcoat-wearing suspect and officers took him down to the ground. (17) Oopsie!

5. At 1305, an ambulance that was transporting a victim called dispatch and indicated that they were possibly being followed by an assailant (20). Was this ever checked out or followed up on?

6. Rescue 13, attempting to establish a triage area at the East Entrance to the school, reports a suspicious backpack in the path. (20) Again, do we know if this was followed up on? I assume it was just a random backpack.

7. At 1342, reports come in that the gunmen may have changed clothes and are attempting to leave with other students. (53) What would make them think this? Not a bad plan except that half the school saw their faces.

8. At 1429, a report of a natural gas leak at one of the suspect's homes is received. Police, fire and EMS respond and find "live explosive devices". (20). Later in the report, it states "pyrotechnic materials". (26) Is there a difference between "live explosive devices" and "pyrotechnic materials"? To me, materials and devices don't necessarily mean the same thing.

9. At 1534, it is reported that 3 officers and 2 suspects are down inside of the school. The report about the officers turns out to be false. (21) Again, where did such a report come from? 3 officers down is kind of a big deal.

10. At 1543, there is a report of a possible gas leak in the school's ceramics room. (21) True?

11. At 1635, there are reports of shots fired in the gymnasium. Police later say this was actually an explosive device spontaneously detonating. (21) Do explosive devices explode spontaneously? Do they sound like gunshots? These are serious questions as I have not ever played with explosives.

12. As of 1211, shots are still being fired in and around the school. (53) About 3 minutes after E&D's suicide, are shots truly being fired? Is this police fire? Is the suicide time wrong?

So anyway, just a few things I noticed about the report and questions that came to my mind while reading it. If anyone has light to shed on any of these, please do. I forget things, misread things and confuse things frequently so I may simply be an idiot.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 82665

PostSubject: Re: Cameras in the Administration Area?    Cameras in the Administration Area?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 9:54 am

I always had some questions regarding the possible cameras too. I think there was talk of one that faces the library entrance as well. These might have been overlooked, or just covered up. There may have been an early move by Jeffco, as well as the FBI, to limit the amount of video footage of the attack. I think one of the evidence requests from Brian R. regarding his son also mentioned the outside cameras. While they only come on at night, they did manage to capture footage of the evidence collection/police force going about their jobs. I would imagine that the FBI would have it, but then again all of the responding law enforcement bodies were miffed that Jeffco was keeping control of the situation. So, it might have been another good 'ol boy coverup to suppress evidence.

regarding 12, there are numerous problems with  the timeline, and I think they were only able to get it close by about five to ten minutes. Although, I do remember mention of the smoke detector in the library logging the burning molotov, and that was what was used to determine the rough time of death for them.

Regarding 11, the fuses that E/D used on the bombs were taped with strike anywhere matches. From what I remember, they had strike pads on their forearms to light the bomb buses with. I imagine that the fuses were really short too, to give that "hand grenade" effect of exploding soon after being triggered and thrown. I can see the bomb squad accidentally setting off a couple of them. They were tired and dealing with more explosives in one day than they had probably seen in the last five years.

5 sounds like a possible journalist. The first thing that they did was track the dispatch radio traffic to find the hospitals that the injured were being taken to. SOP for anchormen and women is to track the radio traffic for stories.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Cameras in the Administration Area?    Cameras in the Administration Area?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 11:33 am

Wideawake wrote:
3. The reports state that Emergency Services were under fire as late as 1202-1205. (14) This is only 3 minutes before E&D reportedly committed suicide.

Makes sense imho. They exchange fire with police then decide to go on with the suicide. I remember Eric being out of ammo for his carbine when it was all over, I think Dylan was running out of ammo too.

Remember, they planned for a bombing with a shootout being a small addition.They have not planned for a prolonged, many hour long shootout.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 82665

PostSubject: Re: Cameras in the Administration Area?    Cameras in the Administration Area?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 4:30 pm

I never thought of the ammo situation. I didn't know that they were that low when they finally committed suicide. It was probably a blessing that Dylan left ammo in his car, and had trouble with his other hi cap magazine. I imagine he would have fired a lot more if her had more to work with.

Also, wasn't their ammo interchangeable? I wonder if that was an early choice for the sake of functionality.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Cameras in the Administration Area?    Cameras in the Administration Area?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 5:45 pm

Just after their suicide:

DYLAN had 3 9mm rounds left in the magazine for his TEC-DC9 (JCSO [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), although in his car was the 36 round magazine with 34 9mm rounds (JCSO [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) & outside by the hill was the 50 round magazine with 40 9mm rounds (JCSO [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). He also had 14 shotgun shells left in his ammo belt (JCSO [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).

ERIC had 2 magazines in his left pocket with 18 9mm rounds (JCSO [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). He also had 22 shotgun shells left on him (JCSO [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & JCSO [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).

*In the hallway outside the Library they still had 7 shotgun shells left in a pouch too (JCSO [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cameras in the Administration Area?    Cameras in the Administration Area?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cameras in the Administration Area?
Page 1 of 1