Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!

Go down 
+4
PaintItBlack
queenfarooq
Mj2beat
tfsa47090
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101338
Forum Reputation : 91

NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Empty
PostSubject: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:51 am

I am finishing up my test for one of my classes right now, and here is yet another condensed definition of the process of natural selection:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Please, do tell me how the planned bombing-turned-shooting orchestrated by Eric and Dylan applies to this.

I am not one to typically make fun of either Eric or Dylan, but Eric was a 17 year old boy (he was 18 for not even TWO WHOLE WEEKS) who got this very twisted and confused due to a plethora of factors that we all discuss at length here.

He did not understand what it meant.

Does everyone understand this yet?

Please try to, because if he were here, he would cringe at how badly he misunderstood this concept, and he would also find those using the term as an act of allegiance or as an homage to him to be frighteningly, embarrassingly foolish.

**Also, please refer to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from tumblr that was shared here by areyoulistening. (If anyone wants the blog url for the person who made [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on tumblr originally, please PM me or anyone here that you think might know. It cannot be posted publicly on the board.)
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95354
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:31 am

In conclusion, killed people is everything except Natural Selection and is obviously that Eric misunderstood this term and also many people because Ive seen random people saying the same that Eric about this or believing the same that him, I dont know if the term of Natural Selection let the people misunderstand its meaning so easily or for them is too hard to understand it but it happens and is strange how the people can get confuse and believe that Natural Selection is what Eric believed it was. Is more easy to say that the people is an idiot and deserve to die or what the person did was stupid and deserved to die than use Natural Selection for things that are not that right now and either in a million years. But thats what happens when the people try to look smart and Eric tried that so many times when he was just a teenager with many problems.

And his fans should really stop to wear those same shirts because is stupid when you use something that you dont understand yet just to look cool and if Natural Selection is what they believe, then why are they still here?, question that I will ask myself every time I will see a girl with a Natural Selection shirt.

Good post btw, I wonder what would think Eric if he sees this and the areyoulistening post that was really good too.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:02 am

Thank you, and you have made very good points yourself!

Eric didn't understand this, and it is beyond obvious. It is also understandable (but I admit, personally annoying when I read it) for other teenagers (who are "fans" of his) to latch onto it without looking into it, because teenagers can often behave that way. They are still developing as people in every sense.

When it comes to the others, it is terrifyingly stupid. I honestly do not think they are ever going to develop any further intellectually or emotionally. And if I am wrong about that, I will be very happy. I hope they do grow up one day, but in my personal experience, people who are grown adults that continue to act that way, and choose to not remotely use or enhance their intellect never will.

You know what else is simultaneously sickening, disrespectful and hilarious?

The ones who prattle on and on about "respecting and loving them/appreciating them for who they were before the massacre".

Are you kidding me?

Wearing those shirts and constantly proclaiming "I am only attracted to killers/murderers/etc." is the antithesis of what they are claiming they do.

Very few of them know a damn thing about this case. Many who behave in this fashion copy things from this forum CONSTANTLY, WITHOUT CREDIT, I might mention---- and that is the bulk of their "case related" contributions. Otherwise, all they do is drool over them. That is fine, I suppose, but why do they say that they are "interested in the case but also happen to find them attractive and interesting" when all it is that they actually do is find them attractive and look for attention from everyone?

NOT ALL of them are like this. But so many are.

How is celebrating their pain "understanding them and remembering them for who they truly were in their souls before the massacre"?

Wearing those replicas of their shirts and getting things made with the photo of them in the cafeteria on the day of the massacre is doing nothing but celebrating their pain and the pain they caused so many others.

Eric was not the genius he made himself out to be; not by any stretch of the imagination. But, again, he was just a kid.

This is not to say he was unintelligent, either. Because that is not remotely true. He was incredibly intelligent and exceedingly sensitive and could have cultivated his pain into something absolutely monumental and POSITIVE if things had gone differently.

He was keenly aware of many things that were quite profound for his age at the same time.

This kid could not tolerate inherent stupidity and unoriginality. It drove him insane. Literally.

It is all over the journal of his that the world has access to, that these unoriginal drones re-post and re-post ad infinitum.

These types of people are everything he couldn't tolerate about the human condition and experience. They are textbook examples of what was eating him alive and helping to kill his soul while here.

Yet they fight to the death to make you "understand" that they "are the ones who understand him".

Yeah, ok.

Knowing how he ranted and raved about this brainless way of being; people not using their brains or thinking for themselves, or having no real personalities of their own, I think if he was still here, or if he can see what is going on where ever it is he might be (according to each person's own interpretation of life and death and beyond), he is embarrassed and ashamed. These people are everything he couldn't deal with and wanted to make extinct, or put a dent into making them extinct. Either by scaring everyone into using their intellect, or killing as many of them as he and Dylan could.

For him to see these groupie-like "followers", if he were still in that lower vibration of existence where he planned and then acted out this massacre with Dylan; I feel it would infuriate him, and make him realize even more just how ridiculous and pointless what they chose to do was.

For him to see it through a more enlightened lens; as a more evolved spiritual being--- if you believe in that, I think it would make him very saddened. I think he would feel very bad for people who are existing within such a low vibration. They aren't doing anything for him or anyone affected by what he did by behaving the way that they do. They are not really emotionally, mentally, let alone spiritually evolved at all.

I have said elsewhere throughout the years that if you believe in karma, and the fact that one can still experience life after death in another more elevated dimension/realm, that this is their karma; the "legacy" that they hoped to create with their actions has been transposed with this clueless, mortifying "fandom". Perhaps they actually do have to watch it where ever it is that they are, or at one point they did.

These people don't get it at all. I know they think they do, but they don't.

Like I said above, NOT ALL of them are like this. But so many are.

This isn't what they wanted. Not by a long shot.

But all thirteen of their victims didn't want to die, and all fifteen of the families they affected, along with everyone else who has suffered because of what they chose to do didn't want to have to endure the pain they've been going through, either.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 7:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is another post by the author of "screed about natural selection. (I shared this one, later on in the same thread where areyoulsitening shared the other post above.)

Both of these posts originate from the same blog on tumblr. This person has a few interesting essays on their blog concerning the subject.

Mj2beat, you made a wonderful response to that post months back, by the way. I'm sorry I didn't see it at that time.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:34 am

I like the points about this topic that this guy made on this video [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is one of the first videos about Columbine that I watch on YouTube, who haven't watched it yet, should take the time and see it, but maybe most of the people here already had.

I am also agree with you and thats one of the things that I dont understand about the "Columbiners", is like they celebrate what they did and what they did was a product of their pain and depression that in the end become anger and hate. I prefer to remember them in their home videos than in the day of the massacre and I am sure that is what their families and friends do right now. Is like they dont even understand what is to be a fan and like I said in one the post of that threat. They could feel identify with Eric and Dylan and maybe deep inside they would want to do what they did but thats not a good reason to wear the exact replica of their shirts without understand what is Wrath or Natural Selection or insult the kids that died that day if they didnt meet them, is immature and cross the line and they remind me those girls that wear the shirt of a band just because everyone is listening to that band or the name/shirt is cool and they haven't listened to all the songs of that band (not even the slow and romantic ones) or dont understand the meaning of the songs.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102662
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:03 pm

Some excellent points in this thread.

tfsa47090 wrote:
He did not understand what it meant.
I do find it perplexing that Eric did not appear to understand what 'Natural Selection' actually meant. As mentioned previously Natural Selection certainly did not apply to the massacre. I strongly agree that if he were alive today he would probably cringe at how badly he misunderstood the concept.
This is just my opinion but i believe not only was a misunderstanding of the term going on, but it's also likely that Eric's  view on reality became so skewed that he convinced himself that he and Dylan were committing an act so monumental that it would trigger a Natural Selection type of effect. However, he just seemed to pick and choose certain bits of the theory that he felt applied to his situation, whilst completely ignoring many of of the vital components that would have to be present for Natural Selection to occur.

As mentioned in the brilliant Tumblr post referenced in this thread, 'Eugenics' would have been a more appropriate term to describe Eric's ideology.

A couple of instances where Eric mentions "Natural Selection":

Quote :
YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!?
Natural SELECTION!!!! God damn it's the best thing that ever happened to the Earth. Getting rid of all the stupid and weak organisms.... but it's all natural!!! YES! I wish the government would just take off every warning label. So then all the dumbasses would either severely hurt themselves or DIE! And boom, no more dumbasses. heh
pg(10411)

Quote :
People that only know stupid facts that aren’t important should be shot, what fucking use are they. NATURAL SELECTION. Kill all retards, people with brain fuck ups, drug addicts, people who can’t figure out how to use a fucking lighter
p(26004)

Quote :
If I’m free, I can’t deprive a stupid fucking dumbshit from his possessions if he leaves them sitting in the front seat of his fucking van out in plain sight and in the middle of fucking nowhere on a Frifuckingday night.
NATURAL SELECTION. Fucker should be shot
pg(26005)

tfsa47090 wrote:
I have said elsewhere throughout the years that if you believe in karma, and the fact that one can still experience life after death in another more elevated dimension/realm, that this is their karma; the "legacy" that they hoped to create with their actions has been transposed with this clueless, mortifying "fandom". Perhaps they actually do have to watch it where ever it is that they are, or at one point they did.

Fantastic point here and i again completely agree.
In some odd way they may have the many followers they desired but certainly not the kind i believe they ever envisioned. I believe it was Dylan who supposedly made the comment on the basement tapes of: "I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like." Funny how although he has "followers" he also has someone like Dave Cullen constantly painting him in a rather weak light, that of a little depressed follower.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:01 pm

Hale-Bopp also made an interesting point here about Natural Selection and the Nazis. Eric (as far as we know) liked nazism and he liked the Nazis ideologies, in this website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  is explain how Darwin's theory, influenced the nazism and is explain how Hitler interpreted the Natural Selection theory just like Eric did. Is possible that when Eric wrote this: "YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!? Natural SELECTION!!!! God damn it's the best thing that ever happened to the Earth. Getting rid of all the stupid and weak organisms.... but it's all natural!!! YES! I wish the government would just take off every warning label. So then all the dumbasses would either severely hurt themselves or DIE! And boom, no more dumbasses. heh". He was referring to the Nazis's natural selection interpretation, interpretation that he took as a good excuse for the massacre just like Hitler did with the Holocaust. What Eric Harris had to do was explain this better and made clear what he meant with his Natural Selection interpretation or theory. Maybe his fans should know now that they are agree in something about the Nazis and maybe they wouldnt wear those shirts like they do now then. But again, they still wear a shirt with something that they do not understand.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:16 pm

To be honest, I don't think the Nazis actually used the term Natural Selection (the short for this is NS, how ironic) very often, but they clearly had very similar social darwinistic ideas than Eric. They did not only believe, that inferior beings should be cease to exist, but that the superior ones actively produce their death. And more important, they applied this system to human social structures as well, where the superior ones in fact should kill the inferior ones. That is exactly the ideology Eric does express in his diary and also how he justified his attack.

I also find it interesting that Eric made some remarks of feeling weak and inferior deep inside and committed suicide in the end. In some sense this makes sense from his Natural Selection/Eugenic world view. When he wants to eliminate everyone he sees as inferior, he also had to kill himself.
It might seem interested, that Hitler is said to express a similar view towards the end of the war. According to some generals, Hitler said in a conversation a few weeks before his suicide, that he thinks that the whole German folk should die, since it turned out to be the weaker one, compared to the Russians.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Hale-Bopp wrote:
I also find it interesting that Eric made some remarks of feeling weak and inferior deep inside and committed suicide in the end. In some sense this makes sense from his Natural Selection/Eugenic world view. When he wants to eliminate everyone he sees as inferior, he also had to kill himself. It might seem interested, that Hitler is said to express a similar view towards the end of the war. According to some generals, Hitler said in a conversation a few weeks before his suicide, that he thinks that the whole German folk should die, since it turned out to be the weaker one, compared to the Russians.

Eric had low self-esteem and he hated everyone just like he hated himself because for something he was depressed and had suicidal thoughts or feelings. He wanted to feel and seem superior and really smart (something that he actually was) but inside he knew that what he hated were things that he did too and that the people he hated was people like him. He needed to feel strong and superior to feel better and write or say those things were a way to do it but inside he knew that he was just another of all that people that must die. Hitler could had the same problem and could felt the same.

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96841
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:11 pm

Ah,I think Eric just used the term for his own personal collection of ideas.I don't know that he was ever trying to adhere to the strict scientific definition of it.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67916
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 3:01 am

Pretty funny that Eric loved the most this term. Natural selection kicked Eric away. To some extent, natural selection acts in people's lives. Look at the most adapted individuals collect all the cream of life, while the least adapted to eat up the crumbs. The fittest does not mean best however. Maybe that's why Eric was so disappointed in civilized mankind.

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 72747
Forum Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 3:45 am

He played natural selection on himself, as if it's like a board game. Many people also fail to understand that darwinian selection doesn't "think" in terms of "good" or "bad" or "better". It just adapts to the Zeitgeist, aka "what's cool in town today?". That explains why many people consistently do dumb things and dislike logical reasoning, and also why -for instance- some musical subgenres with pathetic lyrics for easy listeners also have the upper hand over more elaborate symphonies.
With our everyday choices we actually shape (not so carefully) the biological future of our species, and to some extent the tastes of the generations to come. This haunts me for obvious reasons

shades

Contribution Points : 80011

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 3:54 am

"What is NATURAL SELECTION?

is the theory that over generations, individuals within a population who are either not suited to their environment or have a genetic modification which results in them being easier to prey on will be removed from the gene pool in the survival of the fittest as first proposed by British naturalists Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882) and Alfred Russel Wallace (1823 - 1913)

NATURAL SELECTION: "Sitting alongside the survival of the fittest principle, natural selection as explained by Charles Darwin and Alfred Russel Wallace is natures way of removing weaker and organisms from existence."

He is not....that far off. He definitely spun it his own way excessively but what he's getting at is that those who end up being dead, or 'deserves to die', is the act of removing the weaker from existence. Kinda like Hitler's whole "the undesirables".
I have heard other people use Natural Selection the way Eric does when talking about the worst happening to certain people.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 4:04 am

Guest wrote:
They did not only believe, that inferior beings should be cease to exist, but that the superior ones actively produce their death. And more important, they applied this system to human social structures as well, where the superior ones in fact should kill the inferior ones. That is exactly the ideology Eric does express in his diary and also how he justified his attack.

I also find it interesting that Eric made some remarks of feeling weak and inferior deep inside and committed suicide in the end. In some sense this makes sense from his Natural Selection/Eugenic world view. When he wants to eliminate everyone he sees as inferior, he also had to kill himself.
It might seem interested, that Hitler is said to express a similar view towards the end of the war. According to some generals, Hitler said in a conversation a few weeks before his suicide, that he thinks that the whole German folk should die, since it turned out to be the weaker one, compared to the Russians.

Exactly.

thenight_watchman

Contribution Points : 65547
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 2:21 pm

For some reason, when I think of Natural Selection in the way I guess Eric was wanting it to be, it's like "if you're smart enough, you'll know how to escape and get away. If not, you'll hide-get caught, get shot". Like a really backwards way of ""weeding out the weak"". Personally, it seems like a form of the original meaning just in a very stretched and twisted way.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 2:57 pm

thenight_watchman wrote:
For some reason, when I think of Natural Selection in the way I guess Eric was wanting it to be, it's like "if you're smart enough, you'll know how to escape and get away. If not, you'll hide-get caught, get shot". Like a really backwards way of ""weeding out the weak"". Personally, it seems like a form of the original meaning just in a very stretched and twisted way.

I like this.

PostSubject: Re: NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!   NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NATURAL SELECTION!!1!!111!!
Page 1 of 1