Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basement Tape Audio

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101072
Forum Reputation : 0

Basement Tape Audio Empty
PostSubject: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 7:13 pm

I found two sound bites from the basement tapes on acolumbinesite.com. My question is, who leaked them in the first place?

If two audio pieces were leaked...I don't see why the rest of it can't be Cool

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

^^^Eric: "And those two girls sitting next to you, they probably want you to shut the fuck up, too! Jesus! Rachel and Jen.. and.. whatever."

Dylan: "I don't like you, Rachel and Jen, you're stuck up little bitches, you're fucking little.. Christian, Godly little whores!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

^^^Eric: "Yeah.. 'I love Jesus! I love Jesus!' -- shut the fuck up!"

Dylan: "What would Jesus do? What the fuck would I do..?" (he acts like he's shooting the camera with his hand, with sound to accompany it)

Eric: "I would shoot you in the motherfucking head! Go Romans! Thank God they crucified that asshole."

They sound like whiney children. Not exactly "Godlike" like they were going for...

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:20 am

I heard Rachel Scott's dad had released the audio. I've always wondered if the Rachel they were talking about was Rachel Scott but I think it's likely. And since the entire transcript has been released and an audio the actual basement tapes should just be released already!!
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

Contribution Points : 101270

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:03 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
I heard Rachel Scott's dad had released the audio. I've always wondered if the Rachel they were talking about was Rachel Scott but I think it's likely. And since the entire transcript has been released and an audio the actual basement tapes should just be released already!!

No they weren't talking about Rachel Scott. There were actually mentioning a Nick and a Jenn(? I belief) as well and they were all in the same class. Rachel Scott wasn't in that class, so we can safely assume that they were talking about another Rachel. In that class were two other Rachels and one was sitting nect to this Nick and Jenn. Unfortunatly I am making this post all on the top of my head, so I can't give you any sources now. I do think that the Nick they were talking about was Nick Baumgart.

Contribution Points : 100942

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:19 am

^^i know this to be true but am missing all my sources b/c my 'puter is gone for the moment.

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:27 am

They were referring to students in their 5th period Psychology class.

Back to top Go down
tragedy79

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:33 am

Jenn wrote:
They were referring to students in their 5th period Psychology class.

Thank you Jenn, that was what I was saying, only shorter and more accurate Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:40 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
I heard Rachel Scott's dad had released the audio.

Where did you hear that? Did the families hear the Basement tapes? I didn't think that they had.

Why would he release it?

I always day that I can deal with not seeing them, but hearing that makes me want to see them all over again! They sound like whiny children but I'd rather see the whole thing and then make my judgement than by a soundbite that's out of context from the whole thing.

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:20 pm

I remember reading it in Brooks Brown's No Easy Answers book that discussed the basement tapes and how the families of the victims were able to view them. I'm not sure if he was the one to release them but that's just what I saw on the other forum. And I agree reading the transcript makes me want to see the actual basement tapes even more.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:23 pm

And for what reasons were The Browns allowed to view these tapes? It wasn't their son that got injured or killed during the massacre. It wasn't their son who committed the massacre. Their son wasn't in the tapes, nor was he referred to in the tapes. None of the tapes were filmed in their house. Why were they allowed to see them?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:35 pm

I don't think they should have been allowed to see the tapes either and for the same reasons that you listed.
Back to top Go down
BurnIt

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:37 pm

I've not been able to figure that out. The only thing I can think of was that Jeffco knew the Browns had sensitive info and were trying to bribe them into not talking

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:42 pm

Weren't they friends with Mr and Mrs Klebold at the time? Maybe they asked them to accompany them watching it or something? I can't see that happening either but it's all that I can think of. Imaginative, I know I love you

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:47 pm

This is veering a little off topic here...but the Harrises have never taken Jeffco up on their offer to view the final "goodbye" tape. I wonder why?
If my son had made a goodbye video I would want to see it, no matter what.

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Maybe they can't take anymore? People have taken that as meaning that they don't care but put yourself in their shoes. After all that you've seen and heard, I'm not sure if I'd want to hear my son telling us how sorry he is and how much he loves us, knowing that he's about to do what he did. I don't think my heart could take it.

Maybe that's not the case but I'm never sure with Mr and Mrs Harris. They don't seem like villains to me.

I'm not insinuating that you are either, it's just I've heard every theory about them. The truth is, we don't know much about them and what we have been told is that they seem sincere. I'll go with that until proven otherwise.

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:32 pm

No, no I didn't mean to give that impression and I don't think poorly of them for not wanting to see it. That wasn't what I meant at all.
God I can be inarticulate at times.

To me, the hardest thing about the death of someone I love is that it's all finished, forever. However anyone else feels about him, Eric was their son and they loved him. Everything he will ever say has been said. Everything he will do has been done. He'll never say or do anything else ever again.
If it was my son, I wouldn't be able to help myself. No matter how terrible the video was, I would be greedy to see him one more time, hear him one more time. Especially if he was saying goodbye.

I guess maybe they don't want to remember him like that. But I certainly don't think they don't care. I'm sure it feels taboo for them to say it but I'm sure that they still love Eric very much, even after everything.

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:38 pm

BurnIt wrote:
No, no I didn't mean to give that impression and I don't think poorly of them for not wanting to see it. That wasn't what I meant at all.
God I can be inarticulate at times.

To me, the hardest thing about the death of someone I love is that it's all finished, forever. However anyone else feels about him, Eric was their son and they loved him. Everything he will ever say has been said. Everything he will do has been done. He'll never say or do anything else ever again.
If it was my son, I wouldn't be able to help myself. No matter how terrible the video was, I would be greedy to see him one more time, hear him one more time. Especially if he was saying goodbye.

I guess maybe they don't want to remember him like that. But I certainly don't think they don't care. I'm sure it feels taboo for them to say it but I'm sure that they still love Eric very much, even after everything.

No I know that's not what you were saying. It was just when I'd typed what I'd said I realized that it looked like I was insinuating that you were calling them villains. I know that you weren't.

I understand. But they have home videos and happier times to replay as many times as they like. I understand them not wanting to remember their son that way.

"Everything he will ever say has been said. Everything he will do has been done. He'll never say or do anything else ever again." Man, way to break a sisters heart. Death is always such a horrible thing. Even if you planned to die, it's always so painful for the people that you leave behind.

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Iirc, the Klebolds and Harrises were offered the chance to watch the Goodbye tape only. Not the others.
I have no idea why the Browns would have been allowed to view them all. Unless, like I said, Jeffco was trying to buy their silence

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:48 pm

BurnIt wrote:
Iirc, the Klebolds and Harrises were offered the chance to watch the Goodbye tape only. Not the others.
I have no idea why the Browns would have been allowed to view them all. Unless, like I said, Jeffco was trying to buy their silence

In Brooks his book he stated that Randy just barged in when they were showing the Tapes and that Jeffco didn't stop him...(my english is getting more fucked up by the minute, but I am tired, so please don't shoot me Razz

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:11 pm

But there is no reason that they wouldn't stop him. None.

I won't shoot you but watch your back for Eric and Dylan's ghosts :p

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:17 pm

pale affraid lol!

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 pm

A few members of the press were also allowed to view the basement tapes. I think one from Time magazine. I have no idea why they were granted permission to see them.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Manufactured Consent wrote:
A few members of the press were also allowed to view the basement tapes. I think one from Time magazine. I have no idea why they were granted permission to see them.

Yes, it was Time magazine who was able to view the tapes and I was always under the impression it was someone from Time who released those audio clips of the basement tapes, not Rachel Scott's father. In fact, this is the first time I have even heard that it may have been him who released them.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:57 am

Yes you are probably right. Someone on SBB said that it might have been him.
Back to top Go down
Chicago Mindy

Contribution Points : 88971

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:55 am

found this article stating that it was Rachel Scott's dad...but I think he only did it because he thought the tapes were going to be released at any given time. I always thought it was Time magazine that released it.

The New York Post

H.S. killer tape may air by January

By Don Kaplan

The chilling home videotapes in which Columbine killers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold lay out their plan to kill hundreds of people may air on TV as soon as January, officials say.

The tapes, which the killers made in the months leading up to their April 20 rampage, have been the center of a storm of controversy for two weeks -- ever since the Jefferson County sheriff screened the tapes for a Time magazine reporter before the victims' families had seen them.

Yesterday the videotapes -- which network sources say might be handed over to the media and air in January -- took another step closer to full release when the father of one of the victims, Rachel Scott, played some audio excerpts of the tapes at a news conference Monday night and then early yesterday on the "Today" show.

The two teenage gunmen are heard talking about Rachel on the tape.

"The reason I've released this is because it's inevitable, now, that the world is going to hear what is on the videotapes," said her father, Darrell Scott.

"I wanted to be the first person to say to the world what was on those tapes instead of waiting to be blindsided when I'm least expecting it," Scott said.

He explained that he made the audio tape when he and other families of the victims were shown the videos. The families were shown the tapes soon after the report about them appeared in Time.

Since then, several of the victims' families -- including Rachel Scott's -- have called for the sheriff's resignation.

In the expletive-filled tapes, Klebold ridicules Rachel Scott, who was a devout Christian, and her friend, Jen.

"Rachel and Jen, you stuck-up little ----s, you ---- little Christianity, godly little whores," Klebold is heard saying on the tape.

"What would I do? I would shoot you in the ---- head," Klebold say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tape Audio   Basement Tape Audio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basement Tape Audio
Page 1 of 1