Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Something from the basement tape

Go down 
+4
slippy123
Jollyhelpful
Screamingophelia
Kerea2244
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123625
Forum Reputation : 40

Something from the basement tape Empty
PostSubject: Something from the basement tape   Something from the basement tape Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 1:08 pm

I found this on the transcript and pinterest. What does everyone think about this??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Something from the basement tape   Something from the basement tape Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 1:23 pm

It's true and I think it's a part of the BT a lot of researchers would like to see. If it was a legitimate cry it really debunks that Eric was emotionless...

Eric seemed more remorseful in the BT than Dylan according to some.

I think a few parts I would want to see for research purposes would be that one, the goodbye part and the whole "I didn't know you were Jewish" since Sue and Judy are NOT unbiased.

Then for craps and giggles I want to see the candy house part.... and when Dylan almost shoots Eric in the head.
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 66094
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Something from the basement tape   Something from the basement tape Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 1:26 pm

Its from a portion of Evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105388
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Something from the basement tape   Something from the basement tape Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 2:05 pm

I'd pay just to see the part of the basement tapes where Eric has the camera on his car's dashboard while driving, and apparently starts to cry.
That and the part where he is laying in his bed discussing what the OP posted. I guess just seeing him show any type of emotion is very interesting to me, seeing how Eric has been made out to be this emotionless psycho.
Back to top Go down
spinvault

spinvault

Contribution Points : 73303
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Something from the basement tape   Something from the basement tape Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 3:27 pm

I would like to see all of the basement tapes but I imagine most of it is just teenage male bravado and bragging. I would like to see the parts where Eric is alone and emotional, where Dylan aims his gun directly at Eric, and the final goodbye just before leaving for Columbine.It would be interesting to see what their state of mind was at that time.
Back to top Go down
Hollybeth328

Contribution Points : 54875
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Something from the basement tape   Something from the basement tape Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 12:28 am

This would definitely disprove the Eric as a psychopath theory that I’m leaning away from anyway. Borderline Personality disorder, yes, but not a psychopath.

The Basement Tapes would be so beneficial from a forsenic psychology stand point. As a future criminologist these are on of the main things I would focus on. This is there video diary of their plans, why would you not want people to study these to prevent future violence?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Something from the basement tape   Something from the basement tape Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 12:38 am

Hollybeth328 wrote:
This would definitely disprove the Eric as a psychopath theory that I’m leaning away from anyway. Borderline Personality disorder, yes, but not a psychopath.

I'm not sold in the idea Eric was BPD. I'm leaning closer to NPD but IDK for sure.

Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92006
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Something from the basement tape   Something from the basement tape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 6:33 am

I agree with @Hollybeth he had borderline
symptoms of the disorder include the following:
•Having an unstable or dysfunctional self-image or a distorted sense of self (how one feels about one’s self)

•Feelings of isolation, boredom and emptiness

•Difficulty feeling empathy for others

•A history of unstable relationships that can change drastically from intense love and idealization to intense hate

•A persistent fear of abandonment and rejection, including extreme emotional reactions to real and even perceived abandonment

•Intense, highly changeable moods that can last for several days or for just a few hours

•Strong feelings of anxiety, worry and depression

•Impulsive, risky, self-destructive and dangerous behaviors, including reckless driving, drug or alcohol abuse and having unsafe sex

•Hostility

•Unstable career plans, goals and aspirations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something from the basement tape   Something from the basement tape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 8:27 am

Eric seemed to have many characteristics of a few different disorders. BUT trying to pinpoint something down ONLY using things he had written, and a few videos clips, etc. will never get us a true answer.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Something from the basement tape   Something from the basement tape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 6:38 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Eric seemed to have many characteristics of a few different disorders. BUT trying to pinpoint something down ONLY using things he had written, and a few videos clips, etc. will never get us a true answer.

I think it's also worth noting he was still a teenager by the time of his death so who knows if his behavior was the result of hormones and shit.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something from the basement tape   Something from the basement tape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something from the basement tape
Page 1 of 1